Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hogwarts - School of witchcraft and wizardry

by trench Posted 3rd Mar 2012 at 2:03 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:53 PM by trench : Changes made. Noticed some minor mistakes on the lot and therefore I corrected them and updated the .rar file as well.

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:55 AM
WOW! Downloaded this for my Kids and have been playing it myself! LOL. Love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:04 AM
Excellent Job. Thank you very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:12 AM
Thank you for your comments, all! I'm glad you like it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 3:55 PM
Woah, i can't even imagine how much work and hours this would take! Great job! :D
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 9:35 PM
I'm not a huge HP fan, but dude this mansion looks amazing... I LOVE it.
Test Subject
#31 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trench
@hyldran0: Thanks! I'm glad that you managed to get the problem solved.

@vampiregirl2: If you follow the install instructions, the lot should show up in your game in edit town mode on the empty lots list. I would give you more specific instructions on this but I can't remember exactly where the list of empty (both EA and CC) lots are located and I don't have access to my game at the moment. It should work like any other lot.

I will post you a better guide to do this if it's still required once I get back home so I can check where the lot is located in my game.

Well I kind of got it in my game. The furniture comes with it right? It's in my game now but completely empty except for a base game flowerpot. Any ideas?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vampiregirl2
Well I kind of got it in my game. The furniture comes with it right? It's in my game now but completely empty except for a base game flowerpot. Any ideas?

It should come with the furniture indeed. I'm sorry that I didn't look into this earlier, but if you install the sims3pack correctly, the lot should appear in the empty residential lots tab in edit town (the tab is located at the same place where you have the families that you and EA have created) but I guess that you found this out by yourself since you got the lot into game.

I guess that the troubleshooting would go like this:

- Do you have all the expansion packs listed?
- Does your computer run huge lots well?

If the answer to both questions is yes, I would simply try to reinstall the sims3pack.
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 6:51 AM
This is fantastic! I'm amazed at how much of the castle elements you could fit in there even with the liberties needed for how the Sims scale things (the Great Hall would be HUUUUUUUUGE if you had to fit four house tables in there). Already I've got several fan characters loaded into it and have started building more into the sections you left blank (when my slow game isn't made slower when loading this lot )

It's the perfect backdrop for staging scenes and taking pictures! So awesome, amazing, and mazing as I get used to how everything is placed. Excellent work

@vampiregirl2: you might need to redownload, but also make sure the family you are placing is buying the castle furnished.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#34 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 8:54 AM
Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I indeed had some problems with the Great Hall but if I had made it big enough to fit all the tables, I would have had to make other parts of the castle bigger as well. I think I'd have needed something like a 100x100 lot in that case

Also, as for the parts I left empty, I did it simply since the build already got so huge that only the best computers can handle it properly. Mine is capable of running it in playmode but switching to build/buymodes from playmode takes ages. Also, I felt that thinking about gameplay, there was no need for more offices, bedrooms or livingrooms.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 4:12 AM
Stunning! Wow! Thank you for sharing. This one is a masterpiece! [:
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 10:39 AM
This is by far the best Hogwarts I've seen!! I really want it but I don't have Late Night, but does it matter too much?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 8:30 AM
HOLY CHIZ. This is absolutely amazing! <3 When I saw the great hall and the floating candles it gave me a good chuckle, that definitely added to the realism of the Hogwarts Castle. Thank you so much for this! This is totally worth the lag it'll surely cause to my game
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 7:18 AM
Epic creation is epic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 10:11 PM
This is sooo awesome!! Now can someone please make a mod for quidditch?? :P
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 3:19 AM
Me Wants.
Test Subject
#41 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 6:18 AM
Just a quick question: where are those floating candles from? You didn't list them among your custom content, so I am wondering what expansion they are from?
Test Subject
#42 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 6:57 AM
Okay so after further inspection of the photos, I've come to the conclusion that you've placed the candles on the second floor with the help of the moveobjects cheat. I must say that is truly genius.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 11:12 AM
how amazing....cant imagine the time it took...wonderful
Test Subject
#44 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 5:23 PM
I love this so much, but I got 2 little problems...
But when I install it, my launcher tells me that add-ons are missing and those objects will be replaced, but I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations and Pets. And that's all the ones you used, right?
And also when I try to place it, it loads and loads and loads and never eventually places the lot. Is my game just to whacky for this much amazingness??
Field Researcher
#45 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 7:27 PM Last edited by Bluna The Sims : 22nd Sep 2012 at 9:00 PM.
An ideia... you can update it with the Supernatural items...
---------------
A question... Is the Slytherin common room in the dungeons? It's my house,I'd it be in the dungeons
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 4:53 PM
Now that Supernatural is out you need to add a potions dungeon with alchemy stations.

I downloaded it, but I am getting lost in the size of it. I don't really know where to start. Great job. I appreciate the work that went into it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 3:08 PM
I've been quite busy lately and I just got my hands on the Supernatural expansion a while ago. I am considering updating the castle, but as I still don't have much time, it will take time. I might actually do it after Seasons is out as well so that I can use those items for the castle too.

Quote: Originally posted by Swan_Dive
I love this so much, but I got 2 little problems...
But when I install it, my launcher tells me that add-ons are missing and those objects will be replaced, but I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations and Pets. And that's all the ones you used, right?
And also when I try to place it, it loads and loads and loads and never eventually places the lot. Is my game just to whacky for this much amazingness??

Sorry, but I don't know what could cause this. I only used those expansions to create this lot and I am by no means an expert in these kind of issues :/ Perhaps redownloading the lot could work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 9:07 PM
@ Swan_Dive That was a glitch that EA had for a while. They have since fixed it.
Also - DOWNLOADING THIS! I wanna play with it!
Test Subject
#49 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trench
I started building it half a year ago. I had to have long breaks from it due to not having time to spend on the computer. So, I didn't literally work on it every day or even every week for half an year

but do you have hogsmeade in this
Test Subject
#50 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 9:18 PM
I love this, but I don't have Pets. Will that cause any issues, as I do have Supernatural?
Page 2 of 3