Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Shorter Teens

by Menaceman44 Posted 16th May 2020 at 3:23 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2023 at 6:43 PM by Menaceman44 : Additional Info

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 12
Test Subject
#151 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 4:56 AM
Do you have any plans to make it so we can automatically shorten all existing teens in-game? thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#152 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 69ingsince94
Do you have any plans to make it so we can automatically shorten all existing teens in-game? thank you!

Sadly that's beyond my skills or what this mod can do with the way it is set up.
The only way to update existing Teens is to manually take them back into CAS with cas.fulleditmode activated and temporarily switch their gender or frame before exiting back to the game.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 6:01 AM
es maravilloso gracias por compartir
Test Subject
#154 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 8:19 PM
Default Question about portrait panel
I downloaded the shortest version of the mod. In the portrait panels, it only shows the top of their hair. Is there any way to show their faces for the portrait, or is the mod intended to be like this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#155 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glittervvitch
I downloaded the shortest version of the mod. In the portrait panels, it only shows the top of their hair. Is there any way to show their faces for the portrait, or is the mod intended to be like this?

Sadly, it is outside the scope of this mod as the camera that takes those shots is set at a predefined height that nobody knows how to edit yet. If it ever becomes something that can be modded I will be sure to update but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Test Subject
#156 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 6:44 PM
Thank you so much for the mod. I've been using it for the past year, never had a problem. But yesterday I aged up the teenager I was playing (normal way with a cake) and she has stayed the short height. I tried aging her up and down in CAS, but it doesn't work. How can I fix this?
I have installed the updated version btw.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#157 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amiranne
Thank you so much for the mod. I've been using it for the past year, never had a problem. But yesterday I aged up the teenager I was playing (normal way with a cake) and she has stayed the short height. I tried aging her up and down in CAS, but it doesn't work. How can I fix this?
I have installed the updated version btw.

Take her into CAS with cas.fulleditmode enabled. Change either her frame or gender and then change it back. This should correct the height. You can then exit CAS.
I've never been able to track down why the height doesn't always update correctly, unfortunately. Obviously my latest attempt to correct it hasn't been 100% successful.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#158 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 4:51 PM
Omg this is exactly what I wanted thanks so much, I will try it tonight I also wish for the same thing for elders so they won't look so terrifyingly tall
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 10:16 PM
Will premade Sims resize upon making a new game? Or will I need to edit all of my neighbors?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#160 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mizuki_Ukitake
Will premade Sims resize upon making a new game? Or will I need to edit all of my neighbors?

Sadly, any existing Sims will need to be updated manually. This includes premades that exist when a new Save file is created.
If you like to create new Save games often it might be a good idea to go in and update all of the Teens once, and then save that as a base to start all new saves from to save you having to do it each time.

Lab Assistant
#161 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 1:04 PM
Greetings.
Been waiting for so long for someone to finally make the height automictically, so this is now a essential mod for me.

However, I seem to have stumble over an issue, I have Khitsule pointy ears, as well as her addon's NoRandom EP01, GP04, so I got the "ears unlocker" version of your mod as instructed. But it doesn't seem to work, changed the teens gender, frame, made a new teen, deleted cache folder, deleted Luumina's height mod and anything else height related and still nothing. So I removed khitsule's mods and added in the none "ear unlocker" version of your mod and that worked like a charm.
I figured maybe the "ear unlocker" doesn't support the addons but I have no clue. I am pretty sure the problem is on my end, that I am doing something wrong. I made an overrides folder (even updated the resource file to support it) but that didn't seem to work, do I need both of your mod versions?

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that cas.fulleditmode is enabled.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#162 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 8:08 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 25th Apr 2021 at 9:08 PM.
You don't need multiple files for this to work. You just pick the version you want and that should be it.
I don't believe that it should conflict with the addons because they unlock presets which this mod does not touch.

I've checked the regular ears unlocked version in my game and it is working as it should for me. My Teens are shorter and I can give them pointy ears.
As one last thing to try, could you try a test game with just this mod installed of the pointy ears version? If that works then add in just the pointy ears unlocker mod and see if it still works or not. That way we can rule out any other mod interference.

Lab Assistant
#163 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
You don't need multiple files for this to work. You just pick the version you want and that should be it.
I don't believe that it should conflict with the addons because they unlock presets which this mod does not touch.

I've checked the regular ears unlocked version in my game and it is working as it should for me. My Teens are shorter and I can give them pointy ears.
As one last thing to try, could you try a test game with just this mod installed of the pointy ears version? If that works then add in just the pointy ears unlocker mod and see if it still works or not. That way we can rule out any other mod interference.

I am not sure I follow. Your normal version (none ear unlocker) works just fine. The unlocker and khitsune does not, I can try and test the game with just the unlocker and leave out khitsune if that's what you meant? (sorry not native English speaker, I read your sentence like 5 times and still can't make heads and tails of it)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#164 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 4:32 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 26th Apr 2021 at 5:57 PM. Reason: Testing Result
Sorry. I could probably have worded that better.
I tried my ear unlocker version in my own game with no other mods and it works fine. My Teens are shorter and I can give them pointy ears.
I have not tried it with khitsune's mod together yet so I should do that to test properly.

If you want to test any further for yourself, try my unlocked ear version on its own with no other mods to see if it works. If it works, then add in khitsune's mod and see if it still works. If it still works then it must be something else interfering.

ETA:
If I just put both mods in my Mods folder the shorter Teens won't work because it is getting loaded after Khitsune's mod.
If I put the shorter Teens mod in an Overrides folder then everything works as it should. Teens get shorter and every age can still have their ears made pointy.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#165 Old 4th May 2021 at 6:16 PM
Thank you so much for this mod! I hope you can keep it updated for a long time since it's a most in my game now!!
Test Subject
#166 Old 6th May 2021 at 2:33 AM
Would it be a possibility to mod where the camera zooms in CAS? Unfortunately with the shorter height, the teens bottom half of their face isn't accessible in detail edit mode. I know I've seen a different mod around here that made the toddlers sit up higher in CAS, so I feel like it is possible somehow??
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#167 Old 6th May 2021 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SunnyDae
Would it be a possibility to mod where the camera zooms in CAS? Unfortunately with the shorter height, the teens bottom half of their face isn't accessible in detail edit mode. I know I've seen a different mod around here that made the toddlers sit up higher in CAS, so I feel like it is possible somehow??

CAS camera positions still can't be edited as of right now. I personally have zero experience with altering how or where a Sim stands in CAS so for now the best option is to edit your Sims as Young Adults and then age them down to Teens.
Sorry that's not the answer you may have liked but it's all I can offer at the moment.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 6:30 PM
I've been wanting something like this forever! So glad I logged on MTS today lol.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#169 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 4:56 PM
Amazing!!!! Thank you so very much!!!
Please a question, is it possible to use both the Shorter and Shortest versions? Or is it only one version?
Again, I love it!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#170 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
Amazing!!!! Thank you so very much!!!
Please a question, is it possible to use both the Shorter and Shortest versions? Or is it only one version?
Again, I love it!!!

Thanks.
You can only use one version in your game at a time as they both alter the same files.
If you would like certain Sims to be shorter than others than I can recommend the presets by NiveaSimsCC linked on the main page. They have to be applied manually but they can be used at the same time as this mod.

Test Subject
#171 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 3:14 PM
Hello i love your mod. I have a problem. When i put this into my mods folder, particular young adult sims becomes instantly shorter and he (and only him) ''snaps out of it'' when i put the mod out of my folder. How can i reset him? How can i prevent that from happening thanks.

And is this a mod that breaks often after a patch?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#172 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PreCiious
Hello i love your mod. I have a problem. When i put this into my mods folder, particular young adult sims becomes instantly shorter and he (and only him) ''snaps out of it'' when i put the mod out of my folder. How can i reset him? How can i prevent that from happening thanks.

And is this a mod that breaks often after a patch?

That's a new one on me. I'm afraid to say that I've never come across any Young Adults becoming shorter with the mod. I've had people report that shorter Teens aren't getting taller when they age into Young Adults but I've still never been able to fully fix that or reproduce it in my game yet.

As for how often it needs updating, the files I've modified seem to get altered very little so a patch breaking it is unlikely except for if a new occult life state gets added to the game. It wouldn't really break then but wouldn't work on the new occult until it was updated.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#173 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 7:41 PM
Thanks for answering. When he was a teen he had the teen hight from this mod but after his birthday to a YA he got stuck with it. But its still a great mod to have.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#174 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 6:37 AM
I cannot wait for to use this in the game... thank you so much...
Test Subject
#175 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 5:44 PM
Is this compatible with Wicked Whims?
Page 7 of 12