Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 7:48 PM
Default How to add submenu to food item?
I want to make a category of food, rather than just a single item of food, and I couldn't find any easy tutorials or even tips on how to do that.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 11:36 AM
May I ask what you mean by "category" of food?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 12:54 AM
Essentially a submenu. Such as Pie > Cherry, Apple, Lemon, instead of having Cherry Pie, Apple Pie, Lemon Pie mixed in with the other food.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Forum Resident
#4 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 6:22 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 28th Apr 2021 at 7:43 PM.
Ah I see! You do it like this

1. Open the file in SimPE.
2. Click on "Texts List (#STR)" in the resource tree and then click on "[Text Lists]" in the resource list.

3. Replace the "have dinner, have lunch, have breakfast, serve dinner, serve lunch, serve breakfast" with "have pie" or just "pie" or whatever you'd like :-) remember to NOT delete the ".../"! That's the submenus.

4. Then your text should be looking something like this:

5. Start your game:

and you're all done!

(I used Shastakiss' 3t2 Monte vista bread here as an example :-))
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 8:21 PM
Excellent! Thanks so much!

Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 8:50 PM
You’re very welcome! Glad I could help