Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Career: Hollywood - custom reward & clothing

by colintheys Posted 11th Jun 2006 at 6:32 PM - Updated 14th Sep 2007 at 8:10 AM by colintheys : additional information

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 6:24 AM
cool. u can make a career? that's so different! i just bought sims2 yesterday...

thanks!
Test Subject
#27 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 9:52 AM
I downloaded and ran a Sim through this career, and I have to say it's /fantastic/! As you said, it is a toughie, and would have taken considerably longer had the Sim in question not already graduated university, but it was a fun, mad scramble to get her through it and maintain relationships!

Excellent work! Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future.
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 8:37 AM
Okay the the oscar is in the career reward but how can I get to this job its kinda hard to find it in the newspaper or the pc.
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 8:49 PM
omg. the career sounds awesome, but im new at this stuff and i dont know where to save it. can someone please tell me where to save careers, and houses?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 4:05 PM
gondrong:

That's strange. Check to see if you've installed the career correctly. It should show up with the same frequency as any other career. If you want to set the career without waiting or check to see if it's installed correctly, you can enable debug cheats:

ctrl+shift+c
type boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
then shift-click on a newspaper, choose adult careers, and look for Hollywood.

If it's not there, the career is not successfully installed.

kayleekat:

I've included instructions for installation in the download with an included text file. The download is a rar archive, which can be opened with a utility called winrar. If you don't have it, you'll need to find and download it. I don't know how to open rar files on a mac, but I'm sure there's a utility.
Once you've unrared the files, simply place them all in your downloads directory and you're ready to go!

-Colin
Test Subject
#31 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 4:12 PM
I was just thinking the other night as I looked at my Superstar game I wish the Sims 2 had something like this. Totally cool.

Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu!
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 9:47 PM
I think I could marry you. Lol, just kidding. But seriously, this is exactly what I've been looking for for my simmies Ever since Superstar I've been hooked on the idea of my sims becoming 'famous'. Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 6:12 AM
I always create a Cher character for my game...(big fan) and this will fit her to a tee...thanks
Test Subject
#34 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 4:11 PM
Nice one enjoying this for my sim.
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 11:35 AM
that career download is so cool!! lol. thanx a lot!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 2:25 PM
O!Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 7:20 AM
Default Yes it is amazing
Yes, it is a very wonderful career from what u wrote but where do you download it to? Which file?

My girlfriend loves llamas
Test Subject
#38 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 8:13 AM
I just wanted to check and see if it was intended for the first level to be from 9AM to 12AM for the low pay.. is that supposed to be to noon or really for midnight??
I had a single father take the career and if he hadn't had someone to take are of his little one, he would have gone broke doing those hours... Just curious..
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 4:59 PM
I just thought I'd give a little heads up (If I'm right that is). I had a problem whilst using this career with the Music Career by SodiumLight. Seems both careers are based on the Politics career so when I went to University to have my sim major in Politics they didn't have the option. When I took the Music or the Hollywood career out then I got my Politics major back. Just thought I'd mention it. I know some people don't have University or even play it if they do, so it won't hurt them.

Looks like a great career but I have too many rockers in my neighborhood not to have my music career. Thanks.
Test Subject
#40 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 10:18 AM
Wow looks really interesting downloaded and will try it out asap!!
Thanks
I love it when there are chance cards ...

There is no art to find the mind's construction in the face. -Shakespeare

PEACE
Field Researcher
#41 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 11:26 AM
Thanks a bunch. I can't wait to try it!

"I feel better than a nice tub of good things"- Freakazoid!

Click here to play the most infectious online game ever. You'll never be the same. . . .
Test Subject
#42 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 1:31 AM Last edited by julieexann : 7th Jul 2006 at 1:56 AM.
Ah, I like this career. You were right about it being hard though. I made a new sim with no skills and you could say it's a challenge. Challenges are always a good thing though. But... good work! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 6:54 AM
Nvenya, that's odd. You shouldn't have that problem to the best of my knowledge because I did not base the career off of the politics track! Politics shows up as an option in my game with the career installed. You might want to look at other sources for the problem.

Thanks to everyone. Glad you're enjoying it.

PS. Yes. The first job IS supposed to be like that! This is a very challenging career track - in real life and in the game. I just spent all day today at the studio (8am to midnight) and they were still shooting when I left. Welcome to Hollywood! lol.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 11:08 PM
Finally just what i was looking for! I love it! I always wanted my sim to be in the hollywood career field. I am definitly downloading this..I have never really downloaded careers before. Well good job.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

By the way i love how you got the colour of the oscar to be almost exactly like a real one. I love it.

♥kelsey♥
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 7:22 PM
This is pretty hard, but it's amazing at the same time! I love this career!
I can't wait for the Oscar!!!
Test Subject
#46 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 12:33 AM
Man, u weren't kidding about it being hard! I just got my first ever Social Bunny because my sim spends so much time at work! Not that I'm complaining; this is an incredibly detailed career and I'm loving every minute of it, even if my sim isn't! But to be fair, she got to spend some quality time with the a big pink bunny! Thanks so much!!
Forum Resident
#47 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 9:44 PM
This looks very well made! Thanks!

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 1:09 AM
thanks a lot this career is downloaded on my computer as of now!!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 1:43 PM
I wanted to thank you for this career. I downloaded it a while ago, and have enjoyed it very much. Like you said it's a hard career, but you've set the bar for all my custom careers. Most of my sims now work 18 hour days in the beginning, with no days off. Thank you so much for your hard work.
Test Subject
#50 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 4:35 PM
yeah, that´s what i need to make famke janssen. *smile* know i can play my favorite actress with your hollywood career. thanks so much.

Ireth
Page 2 of 3