Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rawmilk905
I know lots of time has passed, but I think a version that calculates the shift based on hero level would be really good. This would make maintaining territories still challenging in the beginning, but less of a chore later on. Maybe you'd start with the 5 point shift that the unmodded game gave us at level 1, and offer an additional point, or 2 points or 5 points per hero level. It would make sense that experience would make the patrols more efficient, and the mod would feel less cheaty and more like a reward for leveling your characters. It would add a decision making element as well. Do I send my level 1 knight I just added to get the experience, or my level 12 monarch to quell the situation more effectively? Perhaps the original range of 1 to 2 hours for a patrol could be restored as well, as that would likely vary XP gains from patrols, which seem to be timed.

That would have been a great idea when they were working on it. I started using the 25pt version, but it felt ... too easy that way. So I pulled it and dropped in the 10pt one. So yeah, your idea would have been great and fairer.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 5:43 AM Last edited by Babaloo : 25th Feb 2024 at 1:32 PM.
Default +1
Quote: Originally posted by Destynova99
Any chance of the getting the updated 2.0 version with lower patrol values than 50, please?

+1
I agree. +50 sounds kind of cheaty to me. I think +10 sounds the best.

However, I don't expect Shimrod just to do this for every version, if any. I would just like to know how to edit it myself, to change it to the settings of the +10 version, but in the .package there's just 3 ITUN files, no XMLs, so I'd need to know how to use a HEX editor to change it, or even what to change in the first place. I can't find any useful information online about how to do this at all.
Page 3 of 3