Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 7:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sim Pie Menu Interaction lag
Hello everyone, I reinstalled my game (all expansion packs + stuff packs) and I noticed it had a small delay when opening the sim interaction menu, only on sims and pets, when I click on other objects, there is no delay. There is no other delay or anything (takes about 4/5 minuts to open the game). The delay started as maybe 0.5/1 second delay, but as I installed my older cc (about 4gb in sims3packs and the mods nraas MasterController, ErrorTrap and OverWatch), the delay got worse, making the sim-on-sim menu delay on 1/2 seconds and the sim-on-self menu delay on 2/3 seconds. I had installed some store content but it was making my game run slow, so I got it uninstalled and the delay persists. I know my computer is old but it's a little above the minimum specs and the game used to run smoothly. I haven't even put the packages I had in there because the pie menu is laggy. Please help, I have no idea what to do and I already changed the 2gb RAM to 4gb RAM and still nothing.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
deja vu

Any tips?
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 4:40 PM
Test your CC with Process Monitor: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...ackage_File_Lag

Make sure you don't have any CC files being accessed in the tens of thousands (or more) in a few seconds.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Test your CC with Process Monitor: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...ackage_File_Lag

Make sure you don't have any CC files being accessed in the tens of thousands (or more) in a few seconds.

I'm sorry I'm such a noob, what do you mean?
Alchemist
#6 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hellek998
I'm sorry I'm such a noob, what do you mean?

Read through the page I linked, everything is explained in an accessible way there
Skip the Sims 3 Dashboard part, as that program can sometimes return false positives.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 5:08 PM
Mods that add new interactions can cause pie menu lag. I have a bunch of nRaas mods and never had this problem, but when I tried Kuree's University Manager, I had a small delay when clicking on my active sim. Since you don't have to do that often it didn't really bother me, but you mean you also have it when your sim interacts with others?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 8:39 PM
On my PC, with version 1.69, I tested which packs introduced the pie menu lag, and it started around Pets for me and increased as I added more packs. Store content made it a bit longer, but for me it's not that bad so I can live with it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pistence
Mods that add new interactions can cause pie menu lag. I have a bunch of nRaas mods and never had this problem, but when I tried Kuree's University Manager, I had a small delay when clicking on my active sim. Since you don't have to do that often it didn't really bother me, but you mean you also have it when your sim interacts with others?

I don't have that mod, only Nraas and a couple others that game me no problems before, it happens everytime my sims interacts with household sims, pets or outside sims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Read through the page I linked, everything is explained in an accessible way there
Skip the Sims 3 Dashboard part, as that program can sometimes return false positives.

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
On my PC, with version 1.69, I tested which packs introduced the pie menu lag, and it started around Pets for me and increased as I added more packs. Store content made it a bit longer, but for me it's not that bad so I can live with it.

I took out my store items and it decreased a slinch
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Look, the reason I said deja vu is because you posted the exact same post before and exposed you are running a pirated version. While this website has a strong ethics against responding to pirated game, but that is not the sole reason why you're not getting that much help. The reason is with a pirated copy, there is no way to verify your copy is clean. And as such, there is no way to anticipate what factors are involved in your game system that may be in conflict or problematic.

One of the things I do know is that using store contents that are pirated require some sort of decrap bypass files. And from what I understand is that they vary depending on who made the bypass files and who made the actual store content download, so there could be a ton of conflicts in that area.

As someone mentioned above, which is from a technical standpoint, click delays on sims are created from mods that inject new interactions. The more it injects and the way they're programmed will affect the click delays. This is so far the only real known cause. The game itself, clean game, has not been reported by anyone to have click delays and I myself have not noticed any click delay in a clean game. It can only be created by 3rd party intervention such as a mod, or modified version of either store content or the game itself. (unless you're running like a single core celeron with 1GB of RAM or something...)

What I'm saying is, your click delay is unnatural and caused by some sort of conflict in the software.

Well I don't know wher you state I run a pirated version of the sims, since first of all I do not and second of all, I have not stated that simply because it's not true. If you assumed that because I have all the expansions packs and all the stuff packs, that's not correct. I do not have decrapped store content and I have no idea where you got that from since this was my first post ever. I know about this site's ethics and rules, but I think you are confusing my situation with someone else's since this was my first post and I don't see why you would say my game is pirated.

About the delay, I just realized it was a tuning of Nraas probably, since as I deleted that mod, it ran much smoother, so thank you for the help!