Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 8:41 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 20th Oct 2020 at 5:42 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game saves suddenly greyed out (One fix found...)
Something happened today that has never ever happened to me before. I finished a new world yesterday and played with it a few hours. It worked just fine, no problems. However, today as I opened the game, both saved games (I saved two times) were greyed out and it said that they are not available because some EP's they were using might be missing. That is not true because all my EP's and SP's are there. Oh, and I'm still on a 1.67 patch level. I even tried restoring the backup but it was greyed out too. Does anyone know what's causing this? I could start over with the world but I'm afraid of this happening again and losing the game saves all over again.

Edit: So, I just tested the world again. Opened fine, played fine and saved fine. I closed the game, then opened it again... and the new game save is greyed out. I don't know what is causing this and there is no "bad" in the game save file. Oh, and reinstalling the world made no difference.
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 3:08 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 4th Apr 2020 at 11:29 PM.
Hi. No, the Meta.data -file is there. But, I did notice something else in Save game -folder. The ExportDB.package -file is missing, from every save game made in that world.

Edit: Problem solved. I got the saves for my new world working. As I was using fixed Aurora Skies world as a base, I didn't realize that I had to apply the fix to the original Aurora Skies, as well, to get the new custom world to work too.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 5:13 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 20th Oct 2020 at 5:39 PM.
I know it's been awhile since this problem occurred but I'm having it again with my new world and can't figure out what is causing it. This time I wanted to redo Moonlight Falls, so I downloaded the emptied MF world file from Cawster site and went to work. The finished world installed fine, loaded fine, played fine and saved fine. But... when I tried to load the new saved game, it was yet again greyed out, saying: "Not available because some EP/EP's it was using might be missing." Nothing is missing + Meta.data -file is there, ExportDB -file is there and CC used is there. I did change the world ID in the beginning, so it wouldn't conflict with the real MF. In the end I even decrapped my new world but even that didn't do anything.

How can I get my saved games to work?

Edit: Darn... I just found this... https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...ng_Backup_Saves ...so I'm going to see if that works and report back. This is what happens when I try to fix a broken game while having a terrible headache.

Edit2: Restoring the Meta.data -file as adviced in GameHelp did not help. Saves still won't work.

Edit3: Okay, I managed to fix the problem but it happened the hard way. This means that I had to copy the whole world the same way you would copy any premade world for editing in caw and turned it basically a completely "new" world. The saves made in this "new" world works now. So if anyone has the same problem and the GameHelp solution doesn't work, try this one.