Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 3:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't send sims to apartment and can't rent
Yesterday i build new apartment but i can't put my sim apartment and also can't rent.

1. I use to build with lot residential before i changed it into a apartment, called changeLotZoning
2. I put door for four apartment
3. I don't have any mod doors.

So, where is the problem or what i did wrong?

Screenshot:

Any help would be much appreciated
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 10:17 PM
It looks as though your apartments are built on a foundation and you have steps from the back door down to the ground. That doesn't work, unfortunately - not even if your back garden is fully enclosed and can only be accessed from the apartment. The back door has to be at ground level (or balcony level); any steps connecting to the ground invalidate the apartment.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alex5
Yesterday i build new apartment but i can't put my sim apartment and also can't rent.

1. I use to build with lot residential before i changed it into a apartment, called changeLotZoning
2. I put door for four apartment
3. I don't have any mod doors.

So, where is the problem or what i did wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated

I would need more better pictures showing close up the floor plan as well to be sure. Also if there are any side or back entrances.
Most times apartments are easier to build flat on the ground. They can be built on foundation and there is a special way using an invisible fence to have a back door in that case. Also be careful internally with stars with landings and the edging fence which will turn a room into common space.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 12:31 PM
@joandsarah77 @BlueAlien

It work fine by put great divide closer door in backyard.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 1:28 AM
Everything past that line of edging would be public land, everything on the door side should be unit. Which is fine if that is what you want. Most people don't want to see edging.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~