Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sakura blossom (cherry blossom) tree REUPLOAD - more detailed version

by sakura_chan Posted 30th Jan 2007 at 6:08 AM

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 10:03 PM
These are absolutely gorgeous. I will make sure to put these on Summer and Spring neighborhoods only. You are a sweetheart for trying to fix the flashing blue though. Thank You for your hard work and dedication to us. *hugs*

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Forum Resident
#52 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:48 PM
WOW. I can already 'see' them in my lots.... lovely and decorating! thank you!
Test Subject
#53 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 1:19 PM
[IMG]That`s exacly what i`ve looking for.. thank you, verry mucht [CENTER] :lovestruc love them :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#54 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 3:28 PM
Byakuya from bleach well just have fun with his senbonzakura

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Instructor
#55 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 10:00 PM
So beautiful, I'm sure I'll be using these all over my lots! Absolutely the best detail and they look realistic. Thank You!

* Pickles *
Instructor
#56 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 1:26 PM
Wow! This is awesome!
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 8:24 PM
Wow, this is realy amazing ^^

Remember, the uncharted courses sometimes better and more enjoyable than the known ones with shark infested waters. Unless they somehow cross. >_>
Test Subject
#58 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 12:30 AM
Hi sakura_chan, I just love these trees. I put them in my lots and when the weather turns cold I use the redesign tool to set them to the maxis original. As I did that the other day, and the fall leaves scattered over my gravel path, I was struck by inspiration.

Doubtless other Seasons enthusiast’s have had the same idea but... Do you think it's possible to use the autumn tree dropping it's leaves to make a spring tree dropping it's blossoms? I realise the game considers the leaves a mess, and so the blossoms would be just as bad in the eyes of the garden club, but think how lovely it would look!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 2:03 AM
Lovely trees, but the white one had a damaged File Header, so I couldn't get it.
Test Subject
#60 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Hannova : 27th Apr 2008 at 5:06 AM. Reason: Nope... problem came back...
Default Blue fixed?
Sakura, I wanted first to say that this is the first CC tree I ever downloaded, and I love it! I live in the Washington DC area, and I was thrilled to find someone had done such justice to the cherry trees that are so lovely this time of year.

I'm pretty sure the blue-flashing that I saw as well does seem to be fixed for fall. I am pretty sure that I got flashing in fall and winter.

I downloaded a maple tree recolor by nicvncnt for Seasons , and the ones I've placed using your recolor no longer flashed when I loaded the lot (a dorm) in fall. They still flash in the Uni-hood though.

I forced the season to spring and reloaded the lot, and the blossoms were back. I did the same for summer and got blossoms as well. Winter was still blue/blinky.

I have a suggestion though that the summer appearance be green leaves without blossoms. As much as I'd love for them to last until fall, most species are done blooming by mid to late spring. At the moment, none but the late varieties have any color left around here, and none of the Yoshino cherries that yours resemble so much have any left at all

Thank you for sharing this lovely tree with us!

(Edit - never mind... the next time I entered the lot in fall, the reddish fall color was gone and the blinky/blue was back. Weird)
Forum Resident
#61 Old 2nd May 2008 at 1:35 AM
I'm sure others have mentioned this but the trees flash blue/black when in neighborhood mode. Can this be fixed or should I just deal with it?
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd May 2008 at 1:34 AM
These are beautiful!!

The only problem in Seasons is that they only show up as blue meshes in Winter and Fall.

Otherwise great
Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:25 AM
I love these but they are blue. Now I am blue =(
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 6:38 AM
Thank you Sakura Chan

these are beautiful!

There are four things that you could never get them back :
1. A stone...after it's thrown
2. Words...after they're spoken
3. Chance...after it's passed
4. Time...after it's gone
Test Subject
#65 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 11:20 AM
I love these and they're gorgeous, but after a little while they started flashing blue and then they turned into strange cylinder-star shapes. :-/ I dunno if it was a conflict with my system or what, but the blue flashy stuff went away when I removed them.
Test Subject
#66 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 5:00 AM
So wonderful and lovely! Thank you!
Instructor
Original Poster
#67 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 7:01 AM
Hey everyone, I am so sorry you're getting flashing blue trees, thats because I made these before seasons came out. Seasons interferes with it. I may try doing an update for seasons in the future if I have time. Thanks for the wonderful comments though!
Test Subject
#68 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 12:23 AM
LOL I'm decorating my Sakura sim's house with these!
Test Subject
#69 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 7:53 AM
This makes me ridiculously happy. THANK YOU!!!!!
Test Subject
#70 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 3:34 AM
I love love your Sakura tree. Please create new version for Seasons T0T love it so much. thank you
Test Subject
#71 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 2:11 PM
HI! i was wondering....is there any chance you could animate the tree so that blossom petals fall down now and again??? pretty please?????
Test Subject
#72 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 2:04 AM
I love these trees but unfortunately they flash blue during the fall and winter seasons. Can you update this to reflect the change in seasons?
Test Subject
#73 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:32 PM
These are amazing. Absolutely beautiful. I love sakura blossoms and to bring them into the sims game is wonderful. I love Japanese objects and styles and this will be a marvelous addition. But, my problem is that they mes up my game. I can load the game, but with them, I can't load a neighborhood without the game crashing. I really wish I could use these truly gorgeous sakura blossoms! I enjoy your work and will look for more of your uploads! Thank you!
Test Subject
#74 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 1:48 AM
Absolutely wonderful! :D

Where ever you go there you are
Instructor
#75 Old 9th May 2009 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by montorpg
I love love your Sakura tree. Please create new version for Seasons T0T love it so much. thank you

I would have to absolutely agree with montorpg. These recolors are too beautiful to allow them to have the issue with Seasons. I know we'd all appreciate it. They're so lovely. Thanks.
Page 3 of 4