Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#126 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 7:35 PM
I'm getting really excited about the game now, even though I'm still far from sold on the actual look of the sims themselves. But I'm hoping that's just something I'll have to get used to and might actually start liking once I get into playing.

We'll see, we'll see... still trying to take everything with a grain of salt. ;O)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#127 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 12:11 AM
Well now I have noticed changes in the later versions of this game. Go back to some of the earlier photos and the UI was different. Plus now there are 6 motives rather than 4 and the old 4 showed icons rather than the names of the motives which were visible in the UI under the Sim's portrait. It's funny how I'm now noticing the changes. Has anyone else noticed these or other changes just by looking at screen shots?
Scholar
#128 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 1:03 AM
the lifetime want thing has now been moved to under the sims portrait instead of to the side or w/e it was before
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#129 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 1:27 AM
Yeah, it looks almost like an aspiration when you see the heart symbol which means "romance sampler" which would be like a romance Sim, or the money sign which would be like a fortune Sim.
#130 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:13 AM
Did they finally decide to cover those ugly floor edges that show around the sides of balconies and such? Does anyone know what I am talking about? I have been hoping that they'd get rid of them. In my Sims 2 game, I have floor edge covers that I downloaded, but I hate using them. In these videos for the new game, sometimes I think I see them and then other times they appear to be gone...

I think I saw a garage door, too. Missed that the first time around, but glad to see it now. I never use them in my Sims 2 game, but I think leaving them out of the next one, a game that comes with cars, would have been...well, stupid.

One thing about the vids that really disappoints the heck out of me is the way the sims are still whining and complaining and waving their arms for help from the player. It annoys me so much when they do that, and since they will be able to take good care of themselves in the new game, why must they still scream at us?!

One other thing: so many of the same animations are still there? Why?!
EDIT: Lots of the same furniture, also...

Still looking forward to the game, though...! I am very excited about all of the new features and cannot wait to get my hands on it!
Scholar
#131 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 3:10 PM
garage door? where? what vid/at what time?! i can haz pic? :O
#132 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 1:32 AM
I think I see one in the second video on the SimParool page, when he's playing with the car's design. (Can't post links yet.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#133 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 2:29 AM
Yes it's when Ben Bell is placing the checkered pattern onto the car, the car is parked in what looks like a garage and behind it looks like a garage door. I pray that it is a garage door!

And I agree with 922099, while I am highly looking forward to the game, the whining and complaining at us needs to be looked into. I mean if they are supposed to be smarter, then why do they need to do those things? I understand it means that that need is running low but why not just have the Sim immediately take care of it instead of bitching about it? Looks like I'll have to rely on The Sims 3 version of Pescado's "lesswhiny" hack. Hopefully there will be a "nowhiny" version.

Okay, so EA has listened to two of my three complaints:

01. I complained several times about there not being a garage door at first yet you can make garages and expressed how idiotic that is. I'm not a programmer and even I have the ability to understand how illogical that is. So now the game has garage doors.

02. I complained about there not being freckles in the game because if we have moles/beauty marks then why not freckles? That again was illogical and does not take a genius to figure this out. So now the game has freckles.

03. And last but not least, baby strollers! This one has not been answered. I think it's very illogical to allow Sims to carry babies around town everywhere and not have strollers. Unfortunately the game still has no strollers.

EDIT: I want to know what's going on with the brains of these people. I'm not trying to be mean but it seems as if they don't think things logically. They gloat about how realistic this game is turning out to be compared to Sims 1 and Sims 2, yet there are still things that don't make sense. I hope that it's just that they are working on it and that they don't want to tell us anything yet.
#134 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 4:09 AM
You're not the only one who thinks those thoughts. I don't want to be mean either, and I am as addicted as anyone here, even to Sims 3 already, but at times it seems like they just don't put maximum effort into making Sims games as great as they could be.

I was watching one of the Netherlands vids again and I think I heard Ben say that we can't change the color of the stairs?! It wouldn't be cool if we got the game and found ourselves clicking here and there, trying to change colors of some things that we don't actually have the option to change!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#135 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 5:26 AM
I know! I was sooooooo bummed about that! We can change the colors of doors and windows but not stairs? What's next, roofs? I understand now when they say "customize just about everything" which really means not exactly everything but close. I really don't see what logical reason there is to not be able to recolor stairs. Wasn't the point for us not to have to download recolors for anything?

Stairs not recolorable happens to be a big issue too because many of us want to be able to match them with walls.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is frustrated with these kinds of things. These are small annoyances that can easily be fixed. It's like having a bird outside in a tree but not adding a nest.
Field Researcher
#136 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 10:29 AM
Programmers... The bigger programmer you are, the less logically you think.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Can you imagine a buff masculine guy with a very high-pitch chipmunk-like voice? LOL

Yes, I can - David Beckham! :D
#138 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 11:59 PM
Yeah, stairs are still a part of some houses, and important to builders. Definitely want a customizable roof, too. I also hope the "just about everything" includes things like plates and cups!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#139 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:33 AM
Yes, plates and cups would be nice to not only recolor but to be able to choose from a variety of them, like say, you click on the cupboard and it will be like the dresser in that you can plan what cups and plates to use whenever they are ready to eat/drink.
Field Researcher
#140 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 10:48 AM
I started to think that they won't put heighs because of some possible graphics problems when interacting, for example.
#141 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 12:13 PM
The games looks pretty good and a customizable roof is something that I want, too. Plates and cups ... that would be great, too!!!
Forum Resident
#142 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 7:29 PM
Heights is a major bummer but I always had my suspicions about whether that was really going in the game or not. I feel like if it's not going in the base game, it's not going to be in TS3 at all, ever. Sigh! Guess I'll have to wait until TS4 but by then, I would want gradual aging/growth instead of stages.

I REALLY hope we don't have to do laundry. I guess I'm in the minority on that but I thought the point of all the new changes was to get rid of the more tedious aspects of the game instead of adding new ones. If it is a part of the game, I hope it's purely optional. Why can't spinning around be enough?

My question, which none of the previews have answered yet, is how do we move from one household to another? So far, I've only seen them move from different Sims across town but they were all part of the same household. Do we simply click on another person in a different household to start playing them or do we have to exit out of something and go back into another household. With no loading screens, how are we going to jump from house to house?
#143 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 8:49 PM
From what I heard, to change houses, you just zoom out of the house you're playing and zoom into the one you want to play.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#144 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 3:00 AM
SimControl.es: TS3 Presentation Report
SimControl.es has posted their Sims 3 presentation report, along with a video. But beware of the inaccurate translation, as there are things that are probably not true. I know Spanish so rather than translating the entire article I will just point out whatever new info there is at the bottom.

Spanish: http://www.simcontrol.es/sims/index...d=151&Itemid=44

English Translation: http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Video: http://blip.tv/play/AdjRWI2dOQ

New Info:

-The second or third time that it was told that the game's system requirements will be very similar to that of Spore.
-To run the game just fine with no problems, a computer within two years of age will do.
-No plans of a pre-release Body Shop and in fact no plans of a Body Shop, period. Possibly because everything in the game is customizable to where you can create things in the game and share it in the game as well.
-Unsure as to whether or not there will be college for young adults.
-Infants will be modifiable in the Sims creator, but I think they meant toddlers and not babies since they use "bebés" and that is Spanish for "babies" while "infantes" is Spanish for both "toddlers" and "infants." Maybe this just means that toddlers are not as limited anymore in CAS?
-There will be hundreds of colors for the skin tone.
-1,000+ patterns/textures in Create-A-Style, not including actual colors.
-SHOCKING: The game MIGHT NOT have Securom or any anti-piracy software and may include a voucher to be used for the EA Store. But this is not official just yet.
-Mac version may not be released around the same time as the PC version which has currently been poorly received by Mac users.
Forum Resident
#145 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
From what I heard, to change houses, you just zoom out of the house you're playing and zoom into the one you want to play.

Ah, thanks. That makes sense.

Quote: Originally posted by frankie
-Unsure as to whether or not there will be college for young adults.

That's fine by me. I don't care much for University as it stands now. I'd like to see it brought back but less cut off from the rest of world. I'd like the neighborhood expanded like in Unleashed where they just add a University in a far off part of the town and anyone above the age of teen can go. With the universal aging, I can drop them at Uni and go play another family and just pop in every so often on my students to make sure they're not flunking out.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#146 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 10:55 PM
Ben Bell As A Sim In The Sims 3
Thanks to GamesPress, here are two new screen shots of Ben Bell as a Sim in The Sims 3. I don't know about you guys, but I don't think he looks THAT much like him, maybe a little, but not like how Obama looks like Obama.

http://www.simprograms.com/images/g...ms3benbell1.jpg
http://www.simprograms.com/images/g...ms3benbell2.jpg
Top Secret Researcher
#147 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 11:02 PM
The sim resembles him a bit I think. It's a lot better than some of these celebrity sims I've seen people create. *shrudders*

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#148 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 11:19 PM
Yes I know but what I meant was that it's not creepily resemblance like EA made it out to be. I agree it does have some resemblance but I still think Obama's Sim looks more like him than Ben Bell's Sim looks like Ben Bell.
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 12:14 AM
About laundry: In the Sims 1 days, EA was adamant that they wouldn't add laundry to Sims 2, even though fans asked for it. They thought it was a pointless activity.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#150 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 12:18 AM
I never knew about that. I don't mind laundry in the game but seeing as how we are introduced to a new seamless town, it would just take up so much time and get in the way of things.
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: thanks, frankie!
Page 6 of 94