Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One Minute Ninja'd
#26 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

Sims will use parasols for sun protection. They look like umbrellas but it's a different object.

My vampire who has the immortal LTR and can go out in the sun still uses her umbrella in the summer sun. Yup, umbrella, not the parasol. I write it off to her being quirky.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 10:58 PM Last edited by bassoon_crazy : 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
oh how annoying... hopefully someone gets a mod.

i can imagine the first few times its like 'ooh leaf raking' and then by the end of autumn your just like 'i cant be bothered' and the novelty has worn off...

I'm thinking that it's something on the level that it might actually be fixed by EA themselves in a patch. I realized that the leaves remain on the ground all throughout the world, not just in my lot for neglecting to rake them (more like my Sim had no time!).

Having fall leaves on the ground for all eternity sounds like something that needs to be fixed.

Edit: It IS a glitch according to SimGuruGraham.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
One Minute Ninja'd
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I'm thinking that it's something on the level that it might actually be fixed by EA themselves in a patch. I realized that the leaves remain on the ground all throughout the world, not just in my lot for neglecting to rake them (more like my Sim had no time!).

Having fall leaves on the ground for all eternity sounds like something that needs to be fixed.

Edit: It IS a glitch according to SimGuruGraham.

Oh joy, another glitch EA will never get around to fixing.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 2:23 PM
My favorite season is fall, it just looks so beautiful with the leaves turning red and orange.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 2:56 PM
We got more beautiful fall & winter IRL than Sims here at Canada, so I will vote for summer as my favorite sims season. The hail is cute! And us Canadians don't see that very often
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 11:03 PM
My favourite season has to be winter..I have dabbled a little bit with the others, but I find winter my favourite ^,^ (The snow is beautiful)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 12:00 AM
I love my sims making snowmen and snow angels in winter, but I can't stand summer at all.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:22 AM
By far, it has to be winter. It just adds so much content and interactions with the sims!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 1:09 PM
i like spring. spring cleaning baby
Instructor
#35 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cmoyer55
By far, it has to be winter. It just adds so much content and interactions with the sims!

This is because the developers focused mainly on winter and that is obvious when you play the game. I guess it's logical since winter has the biggest impact on the world but I still don't think it's an excuse to ignore the other seasons.

They didn't add much for summer. In TS2 we had pool slides, sims could play Marco Polo in the pool, you actually had a tan interaction on the beach, sims if all ages could play in the sand and build sand castles etc.

They didn't make a skateboard rink like they did with the ice skating and roller skating rinks. All they did is keep the same animations only changed the shoes to either have wheels or that sharp thing underneath. The same thing could have been done for skateboards.

It's quite annoying that sims can't just click on the beach and "tan". Or click on the lounge chairs and tan. They didn't add any new pool interactions. I wish my sims could "lounge" in the pool without a floatie like they could in TS2. Or play a friendly game of Marco Polo. Sims could prank each other and steal clothes while others are skinny dipping causing them to have to streak their way home or they could distract a sim while they steal their bathing suit. Or maybe pretend to be a shark interaction.

Sims can't drown in the ocean which is just too stupid. There are no new stuff to do on the beach. They could have brought back the back volleyball object. Adults could build some sand sculptures on the beach just like snowman depending on their traits. Maybe comb for shells or hunt for treasure with a metal detector.

Spring is probably the most ignored of them all. There are no flowers blooming. That would have been nice since they took the time to make the trees change in the fall, why not have some bloom in spring? both the allergies and getting sick also isn't as elaborate as I thought it would be. Sims only "get germy" most of the time and keep on going as if nothing happened.

Sometimes the option to take the flu shot isn't even there or only appears after the moodlet's gone. I honestly did not expect to have so many beefs with Seasons.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Page 2 of 2