Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2019 at 4:55 AM Last edited by enterprise24 : 6th May 2019 at 7:03 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Get rid of bad outfit in CAS
I found this bad outfit.

I cannot find it it launcher. Also use package viewer to view package files in mod folder but it isn't there.

So I just throw this outfit to random sim and press share button then I use Delphy's multi extracter to see its name and picture.

Look at picture it must be this package 0xff52bcc..............................

Then I rush to DCBackup folder and try to search for that name (0xff52bcc...) but still no match. I fire up package viewer again but holy $hit. There are more than 7500 files in DCBackup !!

I don't know should I look at package files one by one or is there a better method to find ?
Advertisement
Inventor
#3 Old 5th May 2019 at 9:55 AM
So since it's an outfit it could have come in one or two ways. A Sim you recently uploaded or an outfit. Since you couldn't find the outfit it's possibly on a downloaded sim. In CAS go to your premade Sims and click the custom button click on each custom one and I would start looking at the Athletic or Career outfits. You might be able to find the culprit that way or two go through your files for uploaded Sims and run them through Simspack multi installer and break them apart and see if you find the outfit.

I use S3PW (found this handy viewer/extractor) it looks into all kinds of file types and displays everything. I highly recommended it and will no longer install anything in my game without previewing it in this viewer and it allows you to individually extract packages.

Also, I have had outfits come in where the package and thums look fine but in game show up all one color or just funky.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th May 2019 at 1:13 PM
The item seems to be the Sporty Skirt from the Boardwalk Attire store set. Seems to be an issue from decrap-ing it: I found the info here and someone linked a fix further down the page.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2019 at 4:25 PM Last edited by enterprise24 : 5th May 2019 at 4:40 PM.
Thanks for all of your help. It is actually in mod folder like nitromon said. I combine some package files and after use package viewer I just found it in there. This must come with some sims that I download.

S3PW sound very promising. I will use it next time when I download Sims.

Sorry for another stupid question but folder picture in lower right corner = mod right ? what about lower picture ?

Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2019 at 9:10 PM
Have had that happen too, even with Store content. As far as I know it's a mesh resource not being assigned properly.

Side note: what bloom filter are you using, is that Reshade or something? Looks really good.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#7 Old 6th May 2019 at 6:40 AM
The little shopping bag icon with the ? is store content.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2019 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Have had that happen too, even with Store content. As far as I know it's a mesh resource not being assigned properly.

Side note: what bloom filter are you using, is that Reshade or something? Looks really good.

It is Reshade. Now I try to play with quint SSR (screen space reflection) but still cannot find good setting.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th May 2019 at 3:07 PM
SSR is a tough one to get right since it doesn't discriminate.....it reflects everything equally no matter the specular properties. I'm still using an old version of Reshade so all I have is Reflective Bump Mapping but I haven't gotten a lot of use out of it......not without editing my pictures to brush out the reflections where inappropriate, anyway.
But that's not the topic of this thread.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )