Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster/Slower and/or Hidden Skills! (Updated for Into The Future/1.67) - UPDATE: 19/7/14

by gesimz Posted 9th Sep 2012 at 3:23 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2014 at 2:52 AM by gesimz

382 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 227 Feedback Posts, 154 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 16
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#326 Old 31st May 2014 at 12:01 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#327 Old 31st May 2014 at 12:01 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#328 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 7:39 PM
^_^ love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#329 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 11:03 PM
First of all, thank you for this amazing mod!! I've had some problems with vampires, it isn't working in all of them, from children to young adult (sorry, I don't have adult or elder vampires). I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem. But thank you anyway!
Test Subject
#330 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 6:49 PM
Default Doesn't Work?
I've basically added this mod to Electronic Arts > Sims 3 > Downloads. I used the instant mod but I am noticing absolutely no difference what so ever, what do i do? I tried updating my science skill by reading a book and it did absolutely nothing. I might be absolutely clueless though so can someone give me a guide to this mod? Would be really appreciated because I'm hearing nothing but praise about it.
Test Subject
#331 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 7:25 PM Last edited by kiki808 : 20th Jun 2014 at 6:54 PM.
Default Downloads?
Quote: Originally posted by steviedj227
I've basically added this mod to Electronic Arts > Sims 3 > Downloads. I used the instant mod but I am noticing absolutely no difference what so ever, what do i do? I tried updating my science skill by reading a book and it did absolutely nothing. I might be absolutely clueless though so can someone give me a guide to this mod? Would be really appreciated because I'm hearing nothing but praise about it.

This mod should be placed in the Packages folder. Specifically Electronic Arts > Sims 3 > Mods > Packages. There's a guide on this site that can tell you all about the Mods folder and .package files under the help section
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#332 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 5:52 PM
Thank you, seems very useful for my game since I like to play with longer lifespans :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#333 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 4:28 AM
awe...some!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#334 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 9:54 AM
so far so good :) thanks
THANKS POST
#335 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 4:56 AM
Thank you gesimz best mod ever!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#336 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:35 PM
This is a great mod! I would like to seem something in between 75% and near instant. 75% still seems slow, but near instant is a bit too fast for me sometimes. I want my Sims to work for it, but not have it take half an hour to get there.
Test Subject
#337 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 10:21 AM
I have always used this mod, for the 50% slow down of skill learning, and I updated to 1.67... I mean I'm having other bugs unrelated where the game is saving wallpaper as floor tiles, but for some reason, I decided to make it difficult on my sims and make them learn skills -500% slower. Unfortunately one sim got stuck excersizing, and in the span of 5 minutes, went up 3 levels? And then he took someone's broom and jumped to level 5 of the broom riding skill in one trip... I'm wondering if I should go back to 50% slow, or if I should test it again to see if it's really what's wrong.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#338 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 3:42 AM
Hey this is pretty cool. Thanks for keeping this game interesting, and amusing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#339 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:56 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#340 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 11:55 AM
thx :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#341 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 12:13 AM
Great work thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#342 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 3:13 PM
Thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#343 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 5:31 PM
Thanks gr8 mod
Test Subject
#344 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 9:47 PM
Thanks, but you state that you can get faster/slower skills and/OR visible hidden skills, but there is no download for the Visible Hidden Skills only... :\
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#345 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeroSan
Thanks, but you state that you can get faster/slower skills and/OR visible hidden skills, but there is no download for the Visible Hidden Skills only... :\

The title refers to the fact that there are options for faster, slower and faster with hidden skills and slow with hidden skills modifications.

The reason there isn't a no hidden skills only option is because a mod already exists for that on this site here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/436732 as per the download view description:

Quote: Originally posted by gesimz
If you are after a mod that DOES NOT change the speed of gaining skills and ONLY unlocks hidden skills, then you can download gobot101s Hidden Skills Unhidden Mod found here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/436732
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#346 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:19 PM
Thank you so much! I've always found that if I just fast-forward, before I know it, my Sims' skills will be maxed out before their needs even drop too low! I play with aging turned off, so prolonging certain life experiences is always handy. ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#347 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 11:07 AM
Great Script .... :)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#348 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 1:12 AM
Good to see you're still going with this mod :D

I wanted to let you know that the link to my old mod is now gone.. You can remove the redirect to the link now..

I still appreciate that you referenced my previous skills mod, as I did with the creator before myself.. I was never sure if I'd be able to keep up with updates on the mod but I knew there was no current version at that time so I made one, then decided to share "mine".. and in doing so, I had to create all the different flavors (speeds).. I can say I respect your efforts as I know it's not that fast to make that many speeds, testing, verifying wording has been stated to the main page, etc... You've done great. I appreciate you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#349 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 10:39 PM
I normally don't use skill cheats, but the dancing skill the store added is painfully slow. So, thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#350 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 4:06 PM
Very thanks
Page 14 of 16