Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 5:52 AM Last edited by Zerbu : 3rd Nov 2012 at 6:48 AM.
Default Information about Seasons from the patch 1.42 source code
I looked through the source code of the game, and this is the new information I found about Seasons. I searched to see if I could find leaks of University or any other future expansion, but I couldn't find any. If anyone has any questions about Seasons, feel free to ask and I'll try to find the answer in the source.

There is a wedding anniversary system that creates a positive moodlet for sims with a wedding anniversary. Also, there is an event call, which means that there may be other functionality that's related to other features, and that it will be easy for mods to implement the functionality.
Seasons will change at 8:00 in the morning, sim time, though I'm not sure whether this means it will start or finish at that time.
By default, it takes two days to transition from one season to another, but mods can change that.
You can also check weather using the computer or newspaper, as well as the TV.
Holidays will start the second that time rolls over to the new day by default.

Alien Powers:

Shockwave
Bio Boost/Drain
Mind Control
Probe
Restore Brain Power
Scan Object
Scan Sim
Summon Metor

Facts about aliens:
They will start with a handiness skill of 5-7.
They will start with a logic skill of 8-10.
There are five NPC aliens stored in the world at once that may appear in the neighbourhood.
Aliens that spawn in town can only be from YA-Elder, but that can be changed using mods, assuming doing so doesn't cause bugs.

Information about parties:
As most of you know, the new party types are pool parties, feast parties, gift giving parties and costume parties.
It is possible for NPCs to throw any one of the new party types.

Pool parties:
The lot must have a pool, otherwise it cannot be thrown. Also, the only clothing type available is swimwear.
The guests will autonomously go home at 7 at night, though luckily this can be tuned with a mod.

Gift giving parties:
The host (your sim) can "call" the guests to open their gifts.
After two hours, the guests will automatically open their gifts if not called to do so.
Sims will get a negative opinion on the party if asked to leave before gifts are opened.

Feast parties:
A maximum of five dishes can be brought to the party.
After two hours, if not called to do so, the guests will autonomously start eating.

Costume parties:
I didn't find anything special about costume parties, other than that sims will wear costume... obviously.

Lights
The chance of NPC houses getting lights, as well as the quality of the lights, will depend on the player's system performance.
It will take twelve hours for lights to appear across the whole town.
There are two types of lights: hanging and strip.
The colours of light available are:
Red,
Green,
Blue,
Yellow,
Purple,
White,
MultiColored
Players can set custom colours for lights.

Food at the concession stand (This part was uncovered by matrix54, not by me) (he was also the one who typed it, I just copied and pasted)
Food:
Hotdog | 10 | Year Round
Hamburger | 10 | Year Round
French Fries | 8 | Year Round
Garlic Fries | 8 | Spring Only
Tofu Dog | 10 | Year Round
Sweet Fries | 8 | Fall Only
Chilli Chess Fries | 10 | Summer Only
Pulled Pork | 12 | Summer Only
Pie | 8 | Fall and Winter Only
Funnel Cake | 8 | Summer Only
Marshmallow Bunny | 5 | Spring Only
Grasshopper Pie | 8 | Spring Only
Cinnamon Donut | 5 | Fall Only
Gingerbread Cookie | 5 | Winter Only
Fruit Punch | 5 | Year Round

[LN] Hot Wings | 10 | Year Round
[LN] Nachos | 10 | Year Round
[LN] Onion Rings | 8 | Year Round
[LN] Clam Chowder | 10 | Winter Only

[P] Ice Cream | 8 | Spring, Summer and Fall Only
[P] Rainbow Pop | 8 | Summer Only
[P] Freezer Bunny Pop | 8 | Spring Only
[P] Fudge Pop | 8 | Fall Only

Hot Drink:
Hot Chocolate | 5 | Fall and Winter Only
Hot Cider | 5 | Fall and Winter Only
Coffee | 5 | Year Round
Egg Nog | 7 | Winter Only

Cold Drink:
Lemonade | 5 | Spring Summer Only
Cola | 5 | Year Round

Moodlets (uncovered with the help of NRaas MasterController)
Abducted
Allergy Haze
Anniversary Time!
Being Boosted
Being Drained
Bewitching Rain
Blizzard
Boosting Another
Brain Fried
Burning Loins
Cheery Cherry
Discolored Tan
Draining Another
Eclipsing Fog
Egg-cellent Find!
Feeling Festive
Festival Aficionado
Frostbitten
Frosty Face
Frozen Loins
Frozen Solid
Germy
Getting Chilly
Getting Warm
Gleeful Grape
Gnightmare
Got Kissed at a Kissing Booth
Had a Space Adventure!
Holiday Cheer
Hunter's Storm
In Your Face
Invader!
Kissed Under the Mistletoe
Laidback Lemon
Lucky Lime
Mental Servitude
Mentally Ravenous
Mind Static
Need Restoration
One Sim Army
Over Saturated
Pleasantly Chilly
Pleasantly Warm
Polar Beat Club
Rain Dance
Raspberry Romance
Restoration Required
Reviving Sprinke
Smalltalked
Spooky Time
Spring Fling
Starting to Shiver
Starting to Sweat
Sucked into the 4th Dimension
Sugar Buzz
Summer Fun
Sunburned
Suntanned
Sweating Profusely
Tooth Ache
Touched by a Ghost*
Uneven Tan
Unexpected Weight Gain*

*Could be a removed moodlet from the base game or another expansion pack, and not a Seasons moodlet.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 6:12 AM
Interesting info! Thanks Zerbu and Matrix. Hmm, after reading that I am suddenly craving junk food

Neat that the lights appear gradually around the town.

Are the wedding anniversaries (and the work anniversaries mentioned elsewhere) based on the idea that a year is four seasons, of whatever length the player has set?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 6:27 AM
Yep, if I understand the source code correctly, an anniversary is triggered on the same day of the season the wedding took place. So for example, if the couple got married on the third day of summer, then the anniversary would be on the third day of summer next year.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 7:37 AM
Nice! I wonder if the same for work anniversaries. Hmm, might have to extend my sims life spans. I want them to experience all of this.

Thanks so much for the information, Zerbu and Matrix.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#5 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 1:47 PM
This EP is sounding like it's going to make our sims lives fuller and more complex at the same time. I'm really, really looking forward to it.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 9:10 PM
Okay, this is going to make waiting till Christmas for this expansion really hard..
Instructor
#7 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 9:33 PM
Ok. EA. You are on notice. Clam chowder only available in the winter? Nope. Deal breaker. I demand a mod that makes chowdah MANDATORY for all sims!!!

Yeah I'm only partially serious... Maybe mostly serious. Although, if their version of "clam chowder" is red, I'm going to throw a brick through EA's window. Furreal.
Instructor
#8 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 10:29 PM
Manhattan Clam Chowder (red) from Lido's in Long Beach, CA is awesome. But then, so is the New England Clam Chowder from Disneyland. Red Lobster's isn't too shabby either. As for my sims, I'll just pretend it's from any one of those places, regardless of which colour they have it.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Instructor
#9 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
Manhattan Clam Chowder (red) from Lido's in Long Beach, CA is awesome.

/eyetwitch

Red Lobster's isn't too shabby either.

/conniption

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Ahhhh all better.
Instructor
#10 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 10:39 PM
Well, the best I ever had my dad made. But since he died last year, I doubt I'll be having any more of his.

Scholar
#11 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 1:57 AM
Well, the best I ever had my dad made. But since he died last year, I doubt I'll be having any more of his.

Whomever disagreed to this post... that's just uncalled for.
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 3:02 AM
It wasn't me, believe it or not. I was mostly just being a cocky New Englander above, even if I do truly believe that red colored glop isn't deserving of the name "chowder".
Instructor
#13 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyBee
It wasn't me, believe it or not. I was mostly just being a cocky New Englander above, even if I do truly believe that red colored glop isn't deserving of the name "chowder".

I wasn't being snotty to you, nor do I think you were to me. I've had Clam Chowder in Mass. when I was younger. Which is how I rate. That was, in my opinion, the best commercially available I've ever had. But my dad's was the absolute best.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 5:59 AM
I saw funnel cake and was so sad there are no carnival rides. Those items go well together. Well at least it will make the festival feel real. Will not help my craving for the gooey treat.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 7:10 AM
But my dad's was the absolute best.

I do have to ask since you're bringing it up... what style?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 11:22 AM
Oh my god I'm so freakin' excited!!! I couldn't be happier about aliens. Have there been any photos of aliens by the way? And we restricted to the alien costume I saw in one photo?

19 - Female - Australia
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
Oh my god I'm so freakin' excited!!! I couldn't be happier about aliens. Have there been any photos of aliens by the way? And we restricted to the alien costume I saw in one photo?

Aliens aren't restricted to the spacesuit, that's just the default outfit they spawn in. They can use dressers, etc like most other creatures from what I've heard.

Also, the spacesuit is reportedly enabled for pregnancy if you have a female alien, so you won't get awkward randomly-generated pregnancy wear with them.
Instructor
#18 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyBee
I do have to ask since you're bringing it up... what style?

New England. He hated Manhattan too.

Instructor
#19 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 6:08 PM
New England. He hated Manhattan too.

That is the correct answer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 6:19 PM
It would be great if there was a version of the concession stand that you could buy food from using money instead of festival tickets, then we'd be a step closer to getting away from those annoying rabbitholes. Currently we only have the Late Night professional bars (and it just clicked me this minute that they could be used to create a restaurant) but those aren't family friendly.

In fact, why doesn't EA just let all lots spawn role sims instead of just the ones the objects are assigned to? That way, we could use the WA food registers in the home world, as well as have different types of shops in one lot.
Scholar
#21 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerbu
It would be great if there was a version of the concession stand that you could buy food from using money instead of festival tickets, then we'd be a step closer to getting away from those annoying rabbitholes. Currently we only have the Late Night professional bars (and it just clicked me this minute that they could be used to create a restaurant) but those aren't family friendly.

In fact, why doesn't EA just let all lots spawn role sims instead of just the ones the objects are assigned to? That way, we could use the WA food registers in the home world, as well as have different types of shops in one lot.

Oh, I was under the impression that the price was simoleons.

I've had lots in the home world using the WA registers-- and an NPC that mans them, sometimes more than one on the same lot.
Instructor
#22 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
I've had lots in the home world using the WA registers-- and an NPC that mans them, sometimes more than one on the same lot.

How did you make that happen? I'm working on a Chinatown area of my re-do of Bridgeport right now and that would be PERFECT for some of my shops there!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 7:25 PM
Just pick which registers you want to use from the Build Mode/Community Objects/Miscellaneous section.

I have food registers in all the SHT venues, I have a bookstore/grill community lot using the food and books registers. They work in your home world just like in WA worlds. Unless you have a mod to access all the books and foods from around the WA worlds included they will only have the usual stuff to buy.

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#24 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre

Unfortunately I think that the WA register cashiers aren't NPCs, but townies... :/ So they aren't like bartender NPCs, but a randomly drafted sim from some pre-existing household in your world.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Just pick which registers you want to use from the Build Mode/Community Objects/Miscellaneous section.

I have food registers in all the SHT venues, I have a bookstore/grill community lot using the food and books registers. They work in your home world just like in WA worlds. Unless you have a mod to access all the books and foods from around the WA worlds included they will only have the usual stuff to buy.

Is that exclusive to certain lot types? I tried placing the food register in a home lot, and then waited for a cashier to appear, but none did.
Page 1 of 3