Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:46 PM
Default Minor annoyances!
Lotta great stuff in this EP, no quesiton... now for those lil things that drive you crazy

Umbrellas -- you can CaST em, but to do that you have to take em out of your inventory and put em on the floor, and then they're all rolled up, and you can't see what they look like!

This new window... love it, but... it needs to be closable It's raining outside! my sim will get wet!

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:01 PM
It's 78 degrees F. My Sim is heat tolerant, yet she still puts umbrella for everything aside from gardening. My Sims still had to go in to work on the Sims version of Labor day. The huge size of even the small rink and the waterballoon/snowball arena. Funny but growing up when I was in snow area I seem to recall using any cover I could. Trying to figure out how long until next eating contest.

Yeah I think those are my big ones.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:19 PM
Had to go to work? My sims had the day off for Leisure day.

The umbrellas are beginning to bug me. How do you fix them?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:39 PM
omg! .... you sim must have bought a cheap umbrella from the looks of it..LOL~ just kidding..
looks like the umbrella is broken...did u try buying another one?

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:45 PM
Does moonlight falls comes in the cd of seasons ep? I just installed it and i was looking for it on the main menu but i dont have it. but I do have the buildings and lots from moonlight falls

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vintage_Eve
Does moonlight falls comes in the cd of seasons ep? I just installed it and i was looking for it on the main menu but i dont have it. but I do have the buildings and lots from moonlight falls

Moonlight Falls is from Supernatural.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:06 AM
It came with Supernatural. That one is the expensive umbrella. My handy sim is level 7 and don't have the option to upgrade the umbrella.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:26 AM
You lucky Americans... So privileged yet you're still complaining. I'll ease your pain by taking the game off your hands.

I think this is the only time I will actually not mind hearing "It's friday, friday, everybody's looking forward to the weekend".
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Had to go to work? My sims had the day off for Leisure day.

The umbrellas are beginning to bug me. How do you fix them?

My sim is a witch so she can magically make it unbreakable. But yeah that is an annoyance!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:52 AM
My Sims had too go to work and school on leisure day.
One Minute Ninja'd
#11 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 1:26 AM
So I got it installed. Update went smooth. All my mods up to date, and prepped in a desktop folder to be cut and pasted after the update/install. Really, after this long, I have it down to a science. Tedious, but manageable. So I fire it up, and CTD. Damn. 45 minutes of cutting and pasting to realize that of all the mods I updated, I forgot Twallan's Story Progression. I downloaded it, but forgot to unzip it. OK, could be worse. I configure my Season lengths (went for 5 days each, so my kids and teens can get 4 seasons in before aging up), and I kill memories, which is now an option offered by the game. So I open up my pre-existing legacy that's been going real well. I accept converting Eerie park into the Seasons lot, or whatever it's called, and feel home free.

Now, I always save my games when the day ends and the last sim is asleep. Granted, when restarting, it means 1 or 2 boring minutes waiting for them to wake up, but I like daily sim saves, and figure nighttime is good so when I do restart at that point, nothing bad can really happen. What happens? In 30 real time seconds, while sound asleep, my sim gets a "message" that some guy, who's married, likes the way she takes care of herself by staying in shape, and would like to know her "better". Now I know what mod I need next, this dating crap has to go. I'm all for open relationships, but jeez, can't you let the poor woman get her beauty sleep? You won't think she looks so hot if she's yawning in your face.

Next, hubby gets up, tends the beehive, gets attacked, and what happens, a "memory" of the bee assault is recorded. Now where did I leave my mod that REALLY killed off this memory crap?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Next, hubby gets up, tends the beehive, gets attacked, and what happens, a "memory" of the bee assault is recorded. Now where did I leave my mod that REALLY killed off this memory crap?

The option to disable memories was included in 1.42. But to disable memories, you have to enable them and *then* disable them. (Something I found out from reading the official forums.) Completely stupid, but it works.

My copy won't be delivered until tomorrow (boo Amazon), and I'm terrified that it will overtax my poor laptop. If this computer were human it would be in pre-K, it's that old.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 2:22 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 14th Nov 2012 at 2:59 AM.
Anybody else had a thunderstorm without a cloud in the sky?

Sims with a regular work schedule have a calendar and can see when the next festival is; self-employed sims can't

Online dating is awkward; the interface closes every time you send a sim a message. Wouldn't you keep the application open and answer all your mail? And shouldn't you be able to answer messages from the view messages window, instead of having to go to the profile list?

Also, if my sim calls a sim who said "let's get together!" or the like, they generally refuse to meet her... how exactly is this supposed to work?

Was raining, so my sim lit a cozy fire while she worked on her book. Next day is hot, she goes out to the Festival, and forgets to put it out... living room starts burning. Luckily the festival's right next door... she runs back and calls the firefighter... he puts it out and then goes out and puts up his parasol.

Wouldn't you think a firefighter could stand the heat?

One Minute Ninja'd
#14 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arithmancer
The option to disable memories was included in 1.42. But to disable memories, you have to enable them and *then* disable them. (Something I found out from reading the official forums.) Completely stupid, but it works.

Thanks. I never would have thought of that intuitive method for disabling memories on my own. Well done finding a nugget of useful info on the official boards; I still haven't figured out how to do that either.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:17 AM
There's a pumpkin growing in the pond on my sim's lot:

She did not put it there, and can't interact with it!
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:29 AM
This is probably a mod conflict, but no one can go skating. :C
also, the winter festival lot is so boring.
Alchemist
#17 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:37 AM
Wow, I don't like the looks of Sims using umbrellas in the heat one bit. Who does that??? I mean I know it's good to keep the sun off but last time I saw someone with an umbrella on a sunny day I gave them a dirty look.
Instructor
#18 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Wow, I don't like the looks of Sims using umbrellas in the heat one bit. Who does that??? I mean I know it's good to keep the sun off but last time I saw someone with an umbrella on a sunny day I gave them a dirty look.

It's just EA trying to be, but failing, politically correct. Sunning is bad for you, don't you know (which is why I reckon there is no sunbathing). But SPRAY tans, now those are supposed to be harmless and no risk of melanomas. Ya, okay. I don't want to start the Great Debate over that statement, what ya'll do with your lives and your bodies is your own business.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz

Millions of people do it. It's common in many parts of the world... India, East and Southeast Asia, for instance. This pic is from Malaysia: http://starstorage.blob.core.window...02umbrellas.jpg

It used to be common in this part of the world too (parasols were in vogue in the Victorian era). It's just as practical (or more so) as putting on sunscreen and/or covering up in hot weather, which isn't considered odd here.

Why on earth would you give somebody a dirty look for THAT, of all things? :O

In the game, though, I don't think it has anything to do with political correctness; just something Sims can do to avert negative gameplay consequences of heat.
Scholar
#20 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Anybody else had a thunderstorm without a cloud in the sky?

I did, then I noticed that it was possible that cmomoney's Time/Weather Change Mod (which can change the intensity of the clouds without Seasons) that I had downloaded months ago might conflict with it.

I was right, when I removed it the storm I was having in one of my save files now had clouds in the sky and it's been normal ever since. I know that others here might have downloaded that mod, so if anybody else is having this problem they might check to see if they had downloaded that mod.

But now I don't like how bright it is when it's storming during the night.

I mean, this is a screenshot from the middle of the night:

I also noticed that the temperature ranges are a bit crazy. For example, it was in the low 40s on the evening of the last day of summer.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I did, then I noticed that it was possible that cmomoney's Time/Weather Change Mod (which can change the intensity of the clouds without Seasons) that I had downloaded months ago might conflict with it.

Interesting... unfortunately, I wasn't using that mod when I had this issue :/ It did get cloudy later; maybe it was just a timing issue between the rain effects and the cloud cover.

But now I don't like how bright it is when it's storming during the night.

I have a hot tub in my back yard, which I use frequently in the middle of the night, and I can tell you that the night sky is much, much brighter when there are clouds and fog... which reflect all the city lights. Seems realistic to me
Scholar
#22 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 6:38 AM
Interesting... unfortunately, I wasn't using that mod when I had this issue :/

So you don't even have it in your game? I had to remove the object from my game altogether.

Quote:
I have a hot tub in my back yard, which I use frequently in the middle of the night, and I can tell you that the night sky is much, much brighter when there are clouds and fog... which reflect all the city lights. Seems realistic to me

I know that it can be brighter when there are clouds, but I've never seen it anywhere near that bright.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 6:38 AM
So you don't even have it in your game? I had to remove the object from my game altogether.

Nope, never installed it.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:07 AM
One of my favorite parts of winter is seeing the snow clouds light up the sky almost as much as that at night (though usually they're orange from the street lights). I'm happy that cloud cover lightens the night a bit! It just makes me want this even more...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 9:09 AM
Also, if my sim calls a sim who said "let's get together!" or the like, they generally refuse to meet her... how exactly is this supposed to work?

I guess it's the usual random statistic crap that the game uses for all the other artificial stupidity actions. Like when they invite you to a party and then go outside.
Page 1 of 17