Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#401 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Liza : 30th Jan 2018 at 10:03 PM.
Sims 3 is an excellent game, with rich opportunities to show imagination. The game process is diverse and the game can be stretched for several gaming generations, if you have all DLC. Thanks to the abundance of objects and the editor of the style, the need for additional content from the Internet is eliminated. But there is one big but ...

This game is not complete. It constantly freezes, even on powerful computers with a lot of RAM and a good graphics card.

I think that it was necessary to work on improving the performance of the game, and not to release in a hurry Sims 4.

----

Everyone enjoys the graphics in Battlefield and in other games. And here comes Sims 4, as EA says, the "spiritual heir" of the early Sims. So, this is not the "spiritual heir" of the early games. It's not an excuse to cut the possibilities of the game to the level of Sims 1 and even lower. Even there, I think the individuality of the Sims was more apparent. There were at least the interests of the characters. A person does not consist only of emotions and a pair of character traits. He still has desires, aspirations, interests, hobbies, memories, preferences and things I forgot from Sims 2.
The graphics of the game is cartoonish, the rooms are dim. I do not like this style. Although at the end of the development of the game it can become a visiting card of the 4th part.
Despite the fact that I abuse the game, it can bring pleasure and cheer, but then it can become boring because of small possibilities.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#402 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 10:50 PM Last edited by Liza : 30th Jan 2018 at 11:05 PM.
Now we will talk about a truly unique game, not only in the series, but also in the gaming industry. On the game which is very old, but despite this it "beats" the two subsequent games of the series. About Sims 2.
About this game a lot said good before me. I want to say first of all thanks to the developers, the 140 people who have invested all their love, all their strength in this masterpiece.

Why is the game a masterpiece and unique? Because it shows "almost people", not characters from other games (this applies to Sims 3 and 4, too). The game has a deep system of character and personality, with which you can fully describe the character. This has never happened before, and now this is not in any game. Will it be in the future?

The game has, albeit obsolete, but very good graphics. I'm very interested in how the developers created such a smooth animation of sims in 2004? They used "Motion Capture" like Naghty Dog, for example? After all, this animation is "beat" and 3 and 4 part. Animations of sims are felt alive.

The developers have created a sequel, which can be impossible to surpass. But to surpass it, we must first use some kind of psychological system, I think.

But until it turned out something better, I think Sims 2 is a sequel that can not be surpassed.
Scholar
#403 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 4:43 PM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 7th Feb 2018 at 5:31 PM.
I don't remember much about the gameplay from TS1, but when watching this video I immediately recognised the tunes from TS1. And especially the piano tune in the end (just after 15min mark).

Found the soundtrack and now remember that I used to be in build mode just for songs like these . Here is a crazy guy who actually learned how to play "Now what" (build mode 5). I am not used to people trying to literally replay someone else's improvisation

Anyway, TS1 build/buy mode music > TS2,TS3, TS4 :p
Instructor
#404 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 7:50 PM
The Sims 4, like really? Hot tubs, bowling, butler, laundry, etc. Those things used to be in expansion packs in the previous series. What's next? The Sims 4 Bunk Beds Stuff Pack, The Sims 4 Cool Trash Compactors and Food Processors, The Sims 4 Billiard Night Stuff, The Sims 4 Another Junk Stuff Pack because literally we need more money?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
#405 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 11:43 AM
Gaming pc with an intel core i7, 32gb of ram and 1gb video card, yet the Sims 3 is still lagging like a bugger... Just thought I'd share this.
Lab Assistant
#406 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 4:14 PM
One of the things I always appreciated about TS3 was the ability to customize it to your own liking. I saw people with such a wide range of different styles do their own thing with it. I think TS4 is weird in that it kind of locks you into a very specific aesthetic with little wiggle-room; it's by no means my biggest problem with the game but it does bug me. I've spent some time downloading environment mods to offset the blue shadows and plastic lighting....if only a little.
Test Subject
#407 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 3:50 AM
I honestly never played sims 2 on pc (played the ps2 version, although I have the copy of pc one from giveaway). Only 3 and 4 I'm currently playing, so I can't tell. But what I certainly can tell you, is that the amount of customization in 3 is superb. Moving on to 4, it's like a big slam of hammer to my head. Sure, CAS and CAH are way simplified (and I actually kinda enjoyed it), but they are noticeably limited compared to 3. The graphic also a step down to 3. And don't even ask the gameplay. The only good from sims 4 compared to others are multitasking, that's all. The rest are let down from animation, emotion, characteristic, to interaction. Soundtracks in sims 3 is the winner (I have ost collection of sims 2 and 1, so I know it). While in 4 they are, mmm, fine, but not great. Only the musics are better imo.
But the amount of bugs and terrible performance optimization makes me move on to sims 4 lately. No matter how many CCs I putted in, as long as they are not conflicting and patch-compatible, they wouldn't hurt my rig so bad, unlike sims 3. Thus, making the game feels more alive and colorful, compared to non-cc.
Field Researcher
#408 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:31 PM
The perfect game would be Sims 2 content with the Sims 3 open world/car system and Sims 4 graphics.

If they can fix it w/o glitches.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Test Subject
#409 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chgalacher
Gaming pc with an intel core i7, 32gb of ram and 1gb video card, yet the Sims 3 is still lagging like a bugger... Just thought I'd share this.

I have an old computer from 2014. An all-in-one! And it runs TS3 smoothly with very little lag. You just need to learn how to optimize your setup.
Test Subject
#410 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:10 PM
I stil prefer Sims 3 although it lags a lot with 170 sims and 5 Gbs of content...
Don't get me wrong, Sims 4 has a wonderful Cas with... awful make-up and hair sections. In Sims 3 you could choose your own style, you can overlay make-up, color any hairstyle as ou like....
And TS2 has a very interesting gameply but a bit outdated graphically.
Test Subject
#411 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 3:08 PM
For me,my all-time favorite is Sims 1: Complete Collection. It had GREAT music in it,plus it provided hours of fun for me. Sims 4 comes pretty close to the enjoyment that Sims 1 provided for me. Sims 2 was okay, and Sims 3 was the worst of them all,with constant bugs,lags,freezes and crashes. I suspect Securom had something to do with it,because not only was Sims 3 unplayable, but something happened to make my Disney Roller Coaster game unplayable as well(and I LOVED that Disney game... ).My CD-drive was affected as well because I found I could no longer make CDs of family pictures. I've been too afraid to try Sims 3 since then,and I don't want to take ANY chances with this brand new laptop I have.
Scholar
#412 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:19 PM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 10th Jun 2018 at 3:20 PM. Reason: Made typo while fixing typo, but fixed, huzzah!
I watched my sis play TS4 the other day. I noticed how she was struggling to find matching coloured wood for fences and foundations etc. Is it just me, or does it look as if TS4 artists never discussed a coherent colour palette? Any wooden building, either has a very limited choice when using matching colours, or looks like a ramshackle building with all different kinds of wood. Without colour wheel, you would at least expect some the same base colours throughout the whole game.

Anyway, she was using the eyedropper tool to copy objects and I asked her ' what if you could use that tool to copy colours like that to make different objects look as if they are built from the same type of wood? ' She thought that would be amazing. And that is not even beginning to explain what CASt can do (but something I use all the time when building in TS3).

But not everyone likes to jump through hoops to get a game running smoothly. So that is why she keeps playing TS4 and I play TS3.
Top Secret Researcher
#413 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:32 PM
Give her the tool and she would find it really, reaaaaly difficult to use, and would just hop back to TS4.

TS4 is designed for kids and people who don't want to waste their time designing something or setting up coherent story. It's prebuilt dollhouse
Instructor
#414 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chgalacher

I agree, I've got an i7 too, less ram (16 I think?) and an nvidia 1050 ti, plus an ultra fast SSD. It should just work, but the game seems to refuse to work smoothly on anything I've played it on so far. I never understand when people say that Sims 3 works well for them, because I've had nothing but issues, even with all the tips, mods and things I tried. I really don't get it.

I guess the biggest reason why it's so frustrating to me is that back then, I looked forward to it so much, I pre-ordered it as the collector's edition. *Sigh*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#415 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 2:12 PM
How would you all sum up the individual games in one word?

Here's mine:
Sims 1- Whimsical
Sims 2- Improvisational
Sims 3- Topographical
Sims 4- Superficial

I play each of them from time to time, but I think Sims 1 and 2 are the ones I have played most. Sims 3 I spent most time creating for, and Sims 4 I tend to play for short bursts.
Instructor
#416 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
How would you all sum up the individual games in one word?

Here's mine:
Sims 1- Whimsical
Sims 2- Improvisational
Sims 3- Topographical
Sims 4- Superficial

I play each of them from time to time, but I think Sims 1 and 2 are the ones I have played most. Sims 3 I spent most time creating for, and Sims 4 I tend to play for short bursts.

TS1 - Groundbreaking
TS2 - Innovative
TS3 - Slacking
TS4 - Rubbish

Quote: Originally posted by Sims_Lover
The perfect game would be Sims 2 content with the Sims 3 open world/car system and Sims 4 graphics. If they can fix it w/o glitches.

TS4-looking sims but with TS2-looking environments for me. TS2 objects were very well-made and look better than TS4's but the sims themselves have aged badly over the past 14 years.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#417 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 9:51 PM
Yes, I love the way the sims look in TS4 too. And the CAS controls are flexible and intuitive.

The textures- especially terrains- definitely not TS4!
Instructor
#418 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:08 AM
TS1 - Unprecedented
TS2 - Impactful
TS3 - Garbage
TS4 - Pretty Okay

It's just my unpopular opinion, and people can rag on me as much as they want, but I rather like TS4 for it's own reasons. TS2 is still my favorite and it's way beyond TS4 in terms of greatness, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#419 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:53 AM
I will never understand why is TS3 garbage if peoples PCs cannot run it. Tho base game is almost as shallow as TS4, expansions provide more than enough gameplay for years onwards. It's still realllly different experience from standard sims game. I guess that's why some people don't like it.
Instructor
#420 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 3:49 PM
I'm a stereotypical broke college student who can't afford the latest and greatest PC, so I typically back-up my opinion by saying I've never run TS3 on a stellar computer. I'm not a fan of the open world, I think all the sims look the same (that also goes for TS4), I don't like the memories-system and a lot of other Sims 3-specific components, and it's always been glitchy/laggy for me (again, partly because I don't have a fancy schmancy PC). I just don't get the same sense of fulfillment out of it as I do with TS2. TS4 will at least run adequately enough and my sims look aesthetically appealing.

Maybe it's great on computers who can handle it and that's why it's sustained so much popularity. But, alas, my little HP laptop can't handle much.
Test Subject
#421 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
I'm a stereotypical broke college student who can't afford the latest and greatest PC, so I typically back-up my opinion by saying I've never run TS3 on a stellar computer. I'm not a fan of the open world, I think all the sims look the same (that also goes for TS4), I don't like the memories-system and a lot of other Sims 3-specific components, and it's always been glitchy/laggy for me (again, partly because I don't have a fancy schmancy PC). I just don't get the same sense of fulfillment out of it as I do with TS2. TS4 will at least run adequately enough and my sims look aesthetically appealing.

Maybe it's great on computers who can handle it and that's why it's sustained so much popularity. But, alas, my little HP laptop can't handle much.

You're missing out! When you graduate, work and buy a better computer, try TS3 some time. I really love it! The new computer you get doesn't even have to be top of the line anymore because all the new computers have caught up to TS3 requirements. I don't like the memories system too, so I turn it off, but everything else is amazing! I used to love TS2 the most until TS3 came out and now that I've experienced open world, it is so hard for me to go back to TS2. So now I only play that one sometimes, but TS3 is something I like to play everyday, since it's so flexible and customizable and with so much to do!

Right now, I'm creating and testing 6 diving lots in the base game's Sunset Valley. I plan to upload them somewhere for people who either are tired of scuba diving in the same 4 diving lots in Isla Paradiso and or for those who can't get Isla Paradiso to work and want to experience scuba diving. After that, I will to build a store on the beach to sell all the stuff my sims collect while scuba diving! But, it's not the only thing you can do. There are so many other things!
Lab Assistant
#422 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:51 AM
So I'm going to be 100% honest here -- I love TS2, I liked TS3, and I'm not fond of TS4. I currently only own the base game and Outdoor Stuff (that one game pack that lets you adventure in Granite Falls or whatever the name of that place is). I dislike it so much in fact that, despite purchasing it almost immediately after it came out, I have uninstalled the game three times and have played it for a total of 129 hours. I find the gameplay boring, glitchy, and way too meme-y for me to form some sort of bond with it in the same way that I did for the previous installments of the sims. I have now reframed my mindset into thinking of this not as a sequel to the previous installments, but as a spinoff to the main franchise. I believe this frame of thought will allow me to be more forgiving of its flaws.

I wanted to ask -- since Origin is having a sale on select TS4 game and expansion packs, what would you guys recommend that a die-hard TS2 loyalist who enjoys family and BaCC play purchase in order to get the most value out of their money? I'm partial to not buying anything at all since I'm not sure that any of the current offerings would expand the gameplay enough for it to make a meaningful difference in what I think of the game, but right now I am leaning most heavily towards Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, and Kids Stuff Pack (whatever that thing is called). But again, I'm not completely sold on anything.

I am open to suggestions for those who are willing to provide it.

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#423 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheezypuff121P
So I'm going to be 100% honest here -- I love TS2, I liked TS3, and I'm not fond of TS4. I currently only own the base game and Outdoor Stuff (that one game pack that lets you adventure in Granite Falls or whatever the name of that place is). I dislike it so much in fact that, despite purchasing it almost immediately after it came out, I have uninstalled the game three times and have played it for a total of 129 hours. I find the gameplay boring, glitchy, and way too meme-y for me to form some sort of bond with it in the same way that I did for the previous installments of the sims. I have now reframed my mindset into thinking of this not as a sequel to the previous installments, but as a spinoff to the main franchise. I believe this frame of thought will allow me to be more forgiving of its flaws.

I wanted to ask -- since Origin is having a sale on select TS4 game and expansion packs, what would you guys recommend that a die-hard TS2 loyalist who enjoys family and BaCC play purchase in order to get the most value out of their money? I'm partial to not buying anything at all since I'm not sure that any of the current offerings would expand the gameplay enough for it to make a meaningful difference in what I think of the game, but right now I am leaning most heavily towards Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, and Kids Stuff Pack (whatever that thing is called). But again, I'm not completely sold on anything.

I am open to suggestions for those who are willing to provide it.

If you like family play then Parenthood is for you it makes the Toddler add on even better.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#424 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:04 AM
@cheezypuff121P As a Sims 2 player I would get parenthood and get to Work, but it still looks way too expensive to me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#425 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_

You probably wouldn't like it on an HP Omen either! All I ever wanted after Sims 2 was an expanded Sims 2 as I loved it, with better play, Sims looks' and opportunities and all I liked in Sims 3 was CAS recolouring and wasted much of my time on it. I have tried it on a gaming computer and it still has bad programming errors. I liked World Adventures and it went downhill from there, for me anyway. Now we are advised not to install all the packs for better play. That marks a badly made game in my opinion.

Sims 4 is getting better as it goes along, given that engine that gets complained about continually and EA's marketing practices which I deplore. I doubt that I would buy a Sims 5 though.
Page 17 of 20