Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 9:37 AM
Default Mini-Megahood in the making
Hello everyone! Thanks for the invite! I'm usually a lurker, so hopefully this thread will change it (at least until I fill up my social meter and go back to my antisocial ways ).

Anyway, I've been perfecting setting up clean and empty hoods for years - while I sometimes played around with the shipped hoods, I usually did it without ever touching the premades. Then I started playing nothing but premades - and (it was about time, I guess) I fell in love with them. I was thinking about setting up my own mini-megahood when Phaenoh uploaded her awesome Pleasantview, so here I am right now - it's my new main

Awesome hood is awesome! Awesome lots are awesome too - I'm completely in awe of what I've seen so far.

Attached to it are:
Strangetown as the shopping district (not much shopping going on there, that's for sure )

They might be better off going to Belladonna Cove anyway (also a shopping district)

Of course, there is a Downtown as well (Tricous FTW!).

I added two out of three vacation destinations as well - lovely Prometedor and Winter Wonderland:

...and two Uni subhoods: SSU (completely empty) and LFT (with premades - I refuse to play without Jasmine Rai and Stella Terrano )

There is still a lot to be done in both Strangetown and Downtown and I'm planning on building the Far East vacation subhood from scratch, but at least the hood deco is (mostly) in place. Aside from adding and revamping community lots, I'm slowly going through the families, setting them up and giving them makeover. As a rule, plastic surgery is not an option for any of the premades - however, any CC is fair game I usually play loose rotations, keeping the families mostly in sync, but without any strict order and/or length - nobody will be aging up prematurely, but I might spend several seasons with the Tricous, while, for example, Jessica Peterson will get a couple of days of gameplay to catch up with the others (and possibly cause as much drama as possible in such a short time). I have a number of assorted sanity-saving mods + (newly-installed after a long time) ACR, so I'm planning on giving my Sims some basic training and then letting them take over with as little interference as possible

Starting with Pleasantview, here's what happened so far. Spoilers for picspam

This is as far as I've got. I still need to figure out what to do with the Goths - I'm planning on leaving them for last and see where the game takes the other characters. I'm hoping for at least some drama though, my previous hoods were pretty much dull (hence the ACR).

TBC.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 10:06 AM
Your 'Hoods look great zeka81. I enjoyed your post a lot. Your Pictures were really nice. Looking forward to the drama to come.

I love Stella Terrano, mostly because she is an Alien and I love Aliens.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 11:45 PM
Phaenoh's Pleasantview does look rather breath-taking, markedly more so than its pre-made counterpart. The Burbs do look rather stunning, and I love the characterization and depth you supplemented many of the premade sims with. Overall, reading about your hood was rather pleasant, and I anticipate hearing more about it soon!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 1:34 AM
Wow, I love what you've done with the Pleasantview sims so far! Lucy Burb looks so adorable! What default replacement dishes are you using? I couldn't help but notice them in your pics from the Pleasants. Are they here on MTS2?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 11:45 AM
Thanks, everyone! I haven't played much these days, but I did go through Broke and Dreamer households, and here are the results Again, picspam under the cut.
Modder, the dishes are from this set here on MTS.

TBC. I'm planning on finishing my Pleasantview rotation with Don Lothario and the Goths (in that order) before tackling Strangetown.
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 5:28 PM
I love your interpretation of the sims! Thanks for the update!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 5:39 PM
I always love seeing what people do with the premades. Your game looks like a lot of fun, and I'm interested in seeing what happens with the rest of the sims in your hood!

Call me Hannah
Forum Resident
#8 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 5:16 PM
Is Prometedor a Maxis hood design or custom? I really like it!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 7:46 PM
Prometedor is a custom vacation subhood. Unfortunately it is corrupted. I had it, but it crashed my game whenever I tried to enter a hotel lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:57 PM
AFAIK, unplayable lots do not automatically mean corruption. From the description of the hood here the creators went to great lengths to make it safe. Hood checker doesn't complain. There are no glaring errors and none of my games imploded because of it. One lot did crash on load - once - but I never got around to troubleshooting it, so to be honest, I have no idea whether it's completely unplayable or the game decided to crash for no particular reason (it's been known to happen).

Anyway, it's very much playable. Have some pictures.

I don't really know what to say. It works for me, and nothing went up in flames just yet. I do have a full set of corruption-suppressing mods (and then some) in my game, so if there is something wrong with it, I hope that it won't cause me any trouble.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 12:08 AM
Moving on ...I played through the whole Pleasantview and LFT and started working on Belladonna Cove. I should probably split it into several parts, so here's update #1. As usual, (most of the) pics under the spoiler tags.

Instructor
#12 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 5:33 PM
I love your Sims makeovers, and your hood overall. I like the direction you took with Lothario. His marriage to Cassandra would be rather interesting indeed. I like your hood's aesthetic overall!

Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:06 PM
Interesting pictures with the captions. I love your Pictures, you did very well capturing the action.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 4:02 AM Last edited by Cher64 : 9th Aug 2017 at 3:48 PM. Reason: Too many commas
I love your mini-megahood. The family makeovers are really good, too.

I also adore Lucy; that mischievous look on her face is priceless.
I was begining to question Don Lothario's sexual orientation, but I guess Cassandra knew better all along.
Good grief; Herb needs to learn how to take things a little easier. His response to a failed joke seems rather extreme.

This was fun to read and I look forward to more.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 1:37 PM
Thanks, Emperor Crat, lordtyger9 and Cher64! I'm glad you're enjoying the action so far
Cher64, Herb's reaction does seem a bit extreme, but I guess it's been a long time coming. I'm not sure how bad the relationship between them was before I moved them in, but apparently his fear of Coral falling out of love with him was well-founded and it literally took one bad joke for their romance to implode ...however, with a little bit of concentrated effort, they were back on track in no time. Which is good because I really like them together.
Also, my premade kids are all mischievous I have a mod that allows them to generate static electricity anywhere and they love shocking their poor unsuspecting parents Sofia Baldwin did the same thing while I was setting them up.

As for Cassandra and Don - I still don't know. Here's his most recent settings:

So, he does want to marry Cassandra, but also to sow his oats - and his is still Nina. They are on good enough terms for him to go through with the wedding, but I'm not sure that I want to saddle her with him. Also, at this point, I don't want to do anything too drastic to their aspirations - or impose any ACR limitations, - although I just might change Cassandra's to knowledge with family as secondary (and while I'm at it, set her to bi and pair her with eternally young Olive Specter - they'll be a force to reckon with, that's for sure!)

I'm still setting up the hoods (I haven't touched most of the Belladona Cove and Strangetown households yet) so there's not much to show except makeovers - but at least the potential for drama is there. So far I've been playing mostly by following my sims' wishes and trying not to micromanage them to death, but once I do decide to throw a wrench in... *evil cackle* I already messed with their poor little heads by setting everyone without fixed gender preference to low bi ACR, of course, jumped right in It will be fun to watch the drama unravel. But first...
(be warned - there's a bunch of full-size pictures under the cuts)

And since I've hit the character limit for this post, I'll end it here. TBC!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:50 PM
That was a great update. I have a certain weakness for critter pictures, as well as family dinner pictures. If I ever get around to posting my own thread, be warned.

The two cats are beautiful. I can't wait to see their kittens.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 1:05 AM
Great update. I love cats and those cat pictures were really good. I like to take pictures, but i find it hard to catch some of the action sometimes, you did well. Your Sims look good.

Looking forward too seeing pictures of the new kittens.

Forum Resident
#18 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 11:47 AM
I'm impressed!

I build small houses *^*