Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

K-505 Terrain Mod - Base Game + Seasons ONLY - 2023 UPDATE

by Blackgryffin Posted 6th Jan 2016 at 3:34 PM - Updated 3rd Nov 2023 at 8:32 PM by Blackgryffin : Removed duplicates.

231 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 159 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 10
Instructor
#151 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 2:45 PM
I can confirm what the poster obove me is seeing in Newcrest. I too still have these black spots as I have already shared in a picture in my post #155. Everything else seems to be ok so far with the newest updated terrains.
Test Subject
#152 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 8:36 AM
I'm having the same problem with the random black spots sadly... I even updated the files, but it didn't seem to work. I hope it's an easy thing to fix! The screenshot is from Willow Creek, in a new save actually.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 7:13 PM
it caused my game to crash and show error Why idk?
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 2:43 PM
Yes I agree, they defiantly need to be updated, i have removed all the files as i have major black area here there and every where, I have had my game crash as well, the textures for del sol looked awful to me to bright but that,s my opinion.
Instructor
#155 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 5:33 AM
The 303 Terrain Replacement which was updated on 28th November 2018, can be downloaded at their Tumbler site:

303 Terrains Replacement — ALL Worlds
Instructor
#156 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FalseZen
The 303 Terrain Replacement which was updated on 28th November 2018, can be downloaded at their Tumbler site:

303 Terrains Replacement — ALL Worlds

Those are the ones that most of us has downloaded already (me incuded), but some of them STILL need to be updated as they give those black spots, especially in NewCrest.
I'm sure they are aware of the issue, but got tired of constant update needs whenever EA/Maxis break something with their constant game patches.
After all, this is a lot of work and very time consuming to always update 100+ files. That's why most modders quit modding for the public. I don't blame them.
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 12:52 PM
would be nice for a reply as to if there working on them or not, I do so miss them.
Instructor
#158 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by midge719
would be nice for a reply as to if there working on them or not, I do so miss them.

So do I 'cuz I've been using them since they first aired.
But lets not forget that modders are also humans, maybe RL tasks has gotten in the way which are more important right now than creating. We do not know what's going on in their private lives, but do know that every modder has one.
So all we can do is wait on their return (hopefully), and if we don't like the files as they are now, we are free to delete them.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
So do I 'cuz I've been using them since they first aired.
But lets not forget that modders are also humans, maybe RL tasks has gotten in the way which are more important right now than creating. We do not know what's going on in their private lives, but do know that every modder has one.
So all we can do is wait on their return (hopefully), and if we don't like the files as they are now, we are free to delete them.

I understand that but come on does not take 5 minutes to submit a reply, in RL you text left right and centre lol, but yes I know people are busy, I deleted all my files as I have said caused major issues, if they don't come back well we will just have to put up with the lame EA colours.
Test Subject
#160 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 1:21 AM
Are the base game terrains gonna be updated soon? I love this mod and have used this for a long time and was very sad when I saw the black holes. I really want an update so bad...
Test Subject
#161 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 1:54 AM Last edited by justamyth : 19th Feb 2019 at 2:06 AM.
I don't know if this helps anyone, but I finally tested all the possibilities and found that removing "k-hippie-k-terrain-new-basegame-grass-replacement-ea-28112018" and "k-hippie-k-terrain-new-basegame-urban-replacement-ea-28112018" from my game resolved the 'black spot' issue. I have all other k-hippie terrains, floor paints, and new ground replacement files for the base game and all expansions (except Forgotten Hollow - I don't own the Vamp pack).. this includes installation of CD97's Granite Falls and Selvadora mods... and no more spots, for me that is.

To be clear, I am using the updated replacement files from k-hippies site - https://tech-hippie.com/archives/3079 and http://tech-hippie.com/archives/642, minus the two specific files I mentioned above

Side note: I was not encountering the black spot issue in Newcrest. Mine was exclusive to Willow Creek, so I'm not sure what the right (or wrong combo) is for everyone, but this is what worked for me.
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 8:36 PM
Would like to get some others to confirm this, but I just updated to the new 1.50 game update, and the black spots are now gone. I have all the terrain packs currently installed. I had them in before this last update and had decided to live with the black spots so I know the black spots were there before the update. They are now gone.
Instructor
#163 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kralore
Would like to get some others to confirm this, but I just updated to the new 1.50 game update, and the black spots are now gone. I have all the terrain packs currently installed. I had them in before this last update and had decided to live with the black spots so I know the black spots were there before the update. They are now gone.

I can confirm this. I also have ALL files in game, and since the 1.50 patch those black spots are gone. I had massive black spots in NewCrest, but now no more.
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 3:43 PM
The files aren't working for me; I took everything out but the folder and nothing changed I get base game grass now ew
Instructor
Original Poster
#165 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 1:20 AM
Hey guys !
It was a wild ride since last time !

Just like @kralore and @LuvMySimz : my game is also black spot free with the latest update from EA ( and/or StrangerVille ) As I suspected the whole ordeal wasn't my doing but EAxis. After all, I'm only changing graphic files on the same instances ID. There were no reasons for the mod to cause conflicts. Even if removing some files were ( or weren't ) helping. I did ask for Eaxis to point me in the right direction but never got a reply in months. When I updated the game last week, believe me when I say I was the most surprise of us Everything was back to normal !

As for the latest files, since I couldn't find files in the basegame packages, only the 303 terrains files were updated. Consequently, all files are up to date. If you don't have the files from November 2018, I suggest you do If your game is up to date, you won't have anymore problems. If you do, check if you have conflicting mods, any kind of mods, really.

@Glorcha : I'm so sorry for this very late reply. Since I don't even play with pools, I couldn't understand the problem. When I'll get around to those specific files, I'll change the flowery water. As for the muddy water, well, it is muddy water

I make sims worlds ... can you believe it ?
Instructor
#166 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blackgryffin
Hey guys !
It was a wild ride since last time !

Just like @kralore and @LuvMySimz : my game is also black spot free with the latest update from EA ( and/or StrangerVille ) As I suspected the whole ordeal wasn't my doing but EAxis. After all, I'm only changing graphic files on the same instances ID. There were no reasons for the mod to cause conflicts. Even if removing some files were ( or weren't ) helping. I did ask for Eaxis to point me in the right direction but never got a reply in months. When I updated the game last week, believe me when I say I was the most surprise of us Everything was back to normal !

As for the latest files, since I couldn't find files in the basegame packages, only the 303 terrains files were updated. Consequently, all files are up to date. If you don't have the files from November 2018, I suggest you do If your game is up to date, you won't have anymore problems. If you do, check if you have conflicting mods, any kind of mods, really.

@Glorcha : I'm so sorry for this very late reply. Since I don't even play with pools, I couldn't understand the problem. When I'll get around to those specific files, I'll change the flowery water. As for the muddy water, well, it is muddy water

Hello @Blackgryffin - Glad to read your reply According to the black spots "magically" disappear after the 1.50 patch is surely an indication for a bug on "EAxis" side. What else is new
Again, thank you very much for this awesome game modification and for keeping the users up-to-date. After all, many of us just don't want to be without your EXELENT files
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#167 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 11:07 PM Last edited by Marquillotuca89 : 3rd Jul 2019 at 11:19 PM.
Hi!
Is this gonna be updated anytime soon on your site with Sulani textures?

THIS IS AWESOME, and I love to play the sims with this.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 3:39 AM
CANNOT POSSIBLY PLAY WITHOUT, Game just looks so, so ugly by default. Going into first person, taking a jog with this mod on, oooh yeahhh, so peaceful, and smexy :D
Instructor
#169 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 8:42 AM
Just an Info:
k-hippies site - https://tech-hippie.com/archives/3079 and http://tech-hippie.com/archives/642 links don't work anymore. I guess the page has changed or got deleted by the creator.

I found this though

https://www.tech-hippie.com/sims4-f...ategory/terrain
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#170 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 3:43 PM
hi K-hippie i hope your doing well just wanted to say that i can't play the sims 4 without this mod it's sooo good thank you and i hope you update it for the island living and realm of magic and thanks again
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 10:13 PM
Just an Info:
k-hippies site - https://tech-hippie.com/archives/3079 and http://tech-hippie.com/archives/642 links don't work anymore. I guess the page has changed or got deleted by the creator.

I found this though

https://www.tech-hippie.com/sims4-f...ategory/terrain

So odd, atleast I can still get his mods. I don't think he's continuing though :/ expansion packs will start to look dull without his work
Test Subject
#172 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 5:22 AM
Sulani is currently up, as is everything else with the exception of RoM. It can be found here: https://tech-hippie.com/sims4-faktory/archives/3079

There is, however, a catch and trade-off. Use the newest version found at the link and Willow Creek, Oasis and Newcrest show with EA's terrains. Use the one here and the newer worlds are missing.
Test Subject
#173 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LooselyBound
Sulani is currently up, as is everything else with the exception of RoM. It can be found here: https://tech-hippie.com/sims4-faktory/archives/3079

There is, however, a catch and trade-off. Use the newest version found at the link and Willow Creek, Oasis and Newcrest show with EA's terrains. Use the one here and the newer worlds are missing.

Sulani isn't up. The mod hasn't been updated since Get Famous. Anything after that pack has not been touched.
Instructor
#174 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meevers
Sulani isn't up. The mod hasn't been updated since Get Famous. Anything after that pack has not been touched.

Exactly! No updates since. I guess sooner or later every modder gets tired of the constant updates due to EA/axis patches.
Test Subject
#175 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 3:17 PM
Exactly! No updates since. I guess sooner or later every modder gets tired of the constant updates due to EA/axis patches.

i hope that's not the case and he is only taking a break i can't play this game without his mods
Page 7 of 10