Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

K-505 Terrain Mod - Base Game + Seasons ONLY - 2023 UPDATE

by Blackgryffin Posted 6th Jan 2016 at 3:34 PM - Updated 3rd Nov 2023 at 8:32 PM by Blackgryffin : Removed duplicates.

231 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 159 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 10
Instructor
#176 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 2:38 PM
Everyone who says that they can‘t play without anybody's mods, just have to learn how to update them by their selves I guess...
I can understand every modder that stops updating mods due to constant mods breaking patches, but maybe they all will continue once TS4 is over.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#177 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 11:18 AM
Since some files got deleted now on the factory page, https://tech-hippie.com/sims4-fakto...ategory/terrain,
I assume there will be no more updated terrain paint replacements by that creator. Sad, but understandable. It's a lot of work to always update hundreds of files.
I still want to thank the creator for hanging in there all of these past years. The awesome work was very much appreciated.
Test Subject
#178 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 6:27 PM
If a creator is tired of continuing his work, it would be fair to give users at least a short message, rather than simply deleting parts of the work and disappear.
Instructor
#179 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Doc Jones
If a creator is tired of continuing his work, it would be fair to give users at least a short message, rather than simply deleting parts of the work and disappear.

Yes that is true, but who knows what really happend...
Instructor
Original Poster
#180 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 7:19 PM Last edited by Blackgryffin : 2nd Feb 2020 at 8:06 PM. Reason: formating, smileys are life
Damn guys, you are the true heroes here to put up with me

Here is what happened: Tech Hippie had to be moved from one hosting to another and the process was a pain. Links got mixed, databases got mingled, photos had to be re-uploaded and of course, all path had to be redone. It took me way too long and even with planning ahead, it failed majestically. The mod wasn't deleted, it just changed place.

Real-life did got in the way and I did get really tired of EAxis doing nonsense, insisting in half-done work, errors and plastic look. I never got a reply for the StrangeVille instance but someone DM me about it, so I'll have a look and it might be updated in the next big patch of the 202/303.
But with Sulani, I get the impression someone at EAxis decided to be less pixel-perfect-lego-plastic and there's an overall different feel. Which is encouraging I guess Sims4 and me needed a break

What is happening now: For the moment, only Island Living ( Sulani ) has been updated. Don't panic, the upload is not even 1 day old. Still hot from the oven if I can say so
There's been a big work on it and I'm quite proud. University and Magic will come certainly next weekend as both don't have much terrain files and most have already been replaced with mine. Nice surprise for me. I'm working on other files, which I hope you'll like.

An update of the 202 will come, probably with University and Magic. First, I'm catching up, then updating. Might even tackle San Myshuno to upgrade textures but that’s future plans. Let’s get back on track one step at a time.

Tech Hippie won’t move, it's now settled down, hopefully, cemented: https://tech-hippie.com/sims4-faktory/archives/3079 for 303 Terrains Replacement - All Worlds

Again, you guys are the true heroes. You are understanding, keep trying to get news, helped each other, still haven't let me down. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I raise my glass to all of you

I make sims worlds ... can you believe it ?
Instructor
#181 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blackgryffin
Damn guys, you are the true heroes here to put up with me

Here is what happened: Tech Hippie had to be moved from one hosting to another and the process was a pain. Links got mixed, databases got mingled, photos had to be re-uploaded and of course, all path had to be redone. It took me way too long and even with planning ahead, it failed majestically. The mod wasn't deleted, it just changed place.

Real-life did got in the way and I did get really tired of EAxis doing nonsense, insisting in half-done work, errors and plastic look. I never got a reply for the StrangeVille instance but someone DM me about it, so I'll have a look and it might be updated in the next big patch of the 202/303.
But with Sulani, I get the impression someone at EAxis decided to be less pixel-perfect-lego-plastic and there's an overall different feel. Which is encouraging I guess Sims4 and me needed a break

What is happening now: For the moment, only Island Living ( Sulani ) has been updated. Don't panic, the upload is not even 1 day old. Still hot from the oven if I can say so
There's been a big work on it and I'm quite proud. University and Magic will come certainly next weekend as both don't have much terrain files and most have already been replaced with mine. Nice surprise for me. I'm working on other files, which I hope you'll like.

An update of the 202 will come, probably with University and Magic. First, I'm catching up, then updating. Might even tackle San Myshuno to upgrade textures but that’s future plans. Let’s get back on track one step at a time.

Tech Hippie won’t move, it's now settled down, hopefully, cemented: https://tech-hippie.com/sims4-faktory/archives/3079 for 303 Terrains Replacement - All Worlds

Again, you guys are the true heroes. You are understanding, keep trying to get news, helped each other, still haven't let me down. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I raise my glass to all of you

Awe I just knew that you wouldn’t just disappear on us like that. But as always, real Life first.
Glad to see you back on track
Instructor
Original Poster
#182 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 6:50 AM
Already back with 2 updates
One for the 202 and one for the 303. Just so you know, soon they'll be renamed 505 and merge under one single download. Fear not, everything will be in folders inside. It's just for a better organization and stopping to be all over the place when updating ...

K 505 Terrains Mod - University Update is ready !

The update for Base Game is ready for you to download here or on our website: as you prefer. There is only 2 files to change and they are timestamped
We also updated the Seasons file from November ... you are certainly already up to date on that one, it's only to be fair everywhere.

More updates shall come in the coming weeks as Maxis is now using previous files to "seeds" the new places' grass fields and roads, etc... it means we need to check in Base Game, City Living and Seasons for updated files. In short: There are interactions and intercommunications between files of different extensions, we need to find them.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#183 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 7:09 AM
Great! thank you for the update and all the hard work, once again.
Already downloaded from your main tech-hippie site
Instructor
Original Poster
#184 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 4:48 AM
A major update to the K 505 Terrain Mod has been released. Highly recommended as it is for the Basegame. New roads, new textures

K 505 Major Update

We're also working on something new to complete the K 505, you might want to stay updated via the website or tumblr

Instructor
Original Poster
#185 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 9:12 PM
Hey guys!
We released the K101 Builder Mod.
It's a floor replacement mod. All of the basegame floors are replaced with our files: take a look!

K101 Builder Mod

Lab Assistant
#186 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 11:33 AM
Hey guys!
We released the K101 Builder Mod.
It's a floor replacement mod. All of the basegame floors are replaced with our files: take a look!

K101 Builder Mod

You got any plans to do the walls as well?
Instructor
Original Poster
#187 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReeceBar
You got any plans to do the walls as well?

Yes. But it's a secret.

Instructor
Original Poster
#188 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 2:15 PM

Hey guys ! It's update time again

The K505 Terrain Mod is now - almost - complete with Realm of Magic !
It has also been added to the K101 Builder Mod

Head over tech-hippie.com for your usual oh-so-funny text and download links

Lab Assistant
#189 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 3:22 AM
Hello, thank you so much for this mod. One of these files is causing a problem with my San Myshuno Uptown plaza texture (the floor terrain directly below the playable buildings by the roads). It shows as pitch black or sometimes a gradient missing texture pattern. When I remove my Terrain Retexture folder (aka this whole mod) the problem goes away. I was hoping the update would fix it, but the problem still persists. I only have the pack files (Seasons, etc.) that I own installed. Are there any known conflicts with this mod that could be causing this?
Instructor
Original Poster
#190 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IveGotACat
Hello, thank you so much for this mod. One of these files is causing a problem with my San Myshuno Uptown plaza texture (the floor terrain directly below the playable buildings by the roads). It shows as pitch black or sometimes a gradient missing texture pattern. When I remove my Terrain Retexture folder (aka this whole mod) the problem goes away. I was hoping the update would fix it, but the problem still persists. I only have the pack files (Seasons, etc.) that I own installed. Are there any known conflicts with this mod that could be causing this?

When this is reported usually there is an update to be done somewhere.
Last time, it was the graphic card drivers. So you might want to check that.
If not, which other mods do you have so I can check. Obviously I don't have the problem, so I'd need to replicate the problem.

Lab Assistant
#191 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 7:56 PM
So now its just basegame and seasons, will you be doing the dlc worlds?
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 11:44 PM
When this is reported usually there is an update to be done somewhere.
Last time, it was the graphic card drivers. So you might want to check that.
If not, which other mods do you have so I can check. Obviously I don't have the problem, so I'd need to replicate the problem.

I celebrated too soon because I realized I forgot to add the mod back after updating my graphics card. I've tested removing all mods except for this one and the black ground only appears when I have this mod installed. Was there another suggestion that worked for someone else regarding updating something?
Instructor
Original Poster
#193 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 6:13 PM
So now its just basegame and seasons, will you be doing the dlc worlds?

The complete update is available on Tech-Hippie - K505 Terrain Mod

Here is the list of all files updated. You only need to concern yourself with the K505 files. Some of the DLC has been updated, not all of them because not all of them needed the update.

Instructor
Original Poster
#194 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 6:27 PM
I celebrated too soon because I realized I forgot to add the mod back after updating my graphics card. I've tested removing all mods except for this one and the black ground only appears when I have this mod installed. Was there another suggestion that worked for someone else regarding updating something?

It is a tricky bug since I don't have it and for the moment, can't replicate it.
The mod is only a replacement file for instances, with the black and missing textures information, this only means that there is a conflict somewhere for those specific instances. If this conflict was induced by the K505, I could replace it since I don't play with mods. Which leads me to 2 options :
- your game had some alteration
- it's something from EA, which already happened.

I'd tend to think of the second option because San Myshuno isn't the cleanest place in the game. I already had problems with this city and black textures. I stripped everything down and still couldn't figure it out. EA made an update and suddenly everything came back to normal. In the period, not everyone had exactly the same result. Some had problems in Willow Creek others in San Myshuno.

Even if testing results in thinking the mod is the problem, since it's only a replacing of instances and I don't have, then the logic dictates that the problem is not the mod but the game, even if your game is up to date and your graphic card drivers too.

Lab Assistant
#195 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 10:00 PM
It is a tricky bug since I don't have it and for the moment, can't replicate it.
The mod is only a replacement file for instances, with the black and missing textures information, this only means that there is a conflict somewhere for those specific instances. If this conflict was induced by the K505, I could replace it since I don't play with mods. Which leads me to 2 options :
- your game had some alteration
- it's something from EA, which already happened.

I'd tend to think of the second option because San Myshuno isn't the cleanest place in the game. I already had problems with this city and black textures. I stripped everything down and still couldn't figure it out. EA made an update and suddenly everything came back to normal. In the period, not everyone had exactly the same result. Some had problems in Willow Creek others in San Myshuno.

Even if testing results in thinking the mod is the problem, since it's only a replacing of instances and I don't have, then the logic dictates that the problem is not the mod but the game, even if your game is up to date and your graphic card drivers too.

Hmm, this is very interesting. So in short, this is likely a game bug? I've repaired my game several times. Everything appears fine in that spot only when the mod is removed. All other ground textures look great and as intended. Is it possible to upload this mod with a version that doesn't touch Uptown? Or doesn't touch that one texture instance below Uptown? I honestly cannot tell the difference because it's so far away. I can email you to provide more context if interested. Otherwise, I can just keep playing with the mod in because I only really notice it when the camera is facing straight down.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 3:47 PM
Can I get your replacer mods in an all in one file? It just gets so confusing on what to download to get all of your great textures.
Instructor
Original Poster
#197 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 5:58 PM
Hmm, this is very interesting. So in short, this is likely a game bug? I've repaired my game several times. Everything appears fine in that spot only when the mod is removed. All other ground textures look great and as intended. Is it possible to upload this mod with a version that doesn't touch Uptown? Or doesn't touch that one texture instance below Uptown? I honestly cannot tell the difference because it's so far away. I can email you to provide more context if interested. Otherwise, I can just keep playing with the mod in because I only really notice it when the camera is facing straight down.

I'm afraid it is indeed a game bug. Its what happened last time: the game was looking for instances that it shouldn't be looking for :/

As for a version without San Myshuno, or even part of it, it is an on-going project. At the moment, I don't have it. Sorry
San Myshuno is a big part and to not lose my mind, I first merged it in the base game files. Even if most files are well distributed within each DLC, the biggest ones are also all over the place. The reason seems to be because the game use some of those files elsewhere too and/or as a backup. Now, it's only grass so why couldn't they use 1 file for all of them, I don't know.

As soon as I move on with City Living and/or have an update with that bug, I'll get in touch.

Instructor
Original Poster
#198 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 6:01 PM
Can I get your replacer mods in an all in one file? It just gets so confusing on what to download to get all of your great textures.

One single file would be a bit too heavy to load so instead head over https://tech-hippie.com/sims4-faktory/archives/287 . It'll contain a folder with each file for each EP/GP/SP and Base Game of course.
Move each file that you need into your mod folder and you'll be good to go

Lab Assistant
#199 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 4:32 AM
I'm afraid it is indeed a game bug. Its what happened last time: the game was looking for instances that it shouldn't be looking for :/

As for a version without San Myshuno, or even part of it, it is an on-going project. At the moment, I don't have it. Sorry
San Myshuno is a big part and to not lose my mind, I first merged it in the base game files. Even if most files are well distributed within each DLC, the biggest ones are also all over the place. The reason seems to be because the game use some of those files elsewhere too and/or as a backup. Now, it's only grass so why couldn't they use 1 file for all of them, I don't know.

As soon as I move on with City Living and/or have an update with that bug, I'll get in touch.

Thanks again. I figured it would be addressed sooner or later. No rush, I can at least play with the peace of mind knowing that it's a game bug.
Lab Assistant
#200 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 6:49 PM
One single file would be a bit too heavy to load so instead head over https://tech-hippie.com/sims4-faktory/archives/287 . It'll contain a folder with each file for each EP/GP/SP and Base Game of course.
Move each file that you need into your mod folder and you'll be good to go

So downloading these files also contain your builder and foundation mods?
Page 8 of 10