Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Turn off the TV when stop watching (from bed, too)

by Numenor Posted 15th Apr 2005 at 10:12 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2009 at 1:57 PM by Numenor : Updated game compatibility note

180 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 174 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Forum Resident
#151 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 1:52 AM
Can you make this hack for "listen to music (bed only)" too? It like watching tv in bed, but the problem is the same. When we cancel it, the sim didn't turn off the stereo.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#152 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 9:48 AM
I already tried, but turning off the radio (from bed or standing up) is more difficult to tweak than TV; so far I didn't succeed in creating such a mod.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#153 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 2:53 AM
Alright, thanks again for the mod.
Test Subject
#154 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 10:30 PM
This hack is wonderful, except... Sometimes I want the parents to turn on the tv for the toddler and walk away... Can you add the ability to walk way from the tv?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#155 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 2:52 AM
No, I'm sorry, but this hack is old and I'm not inclined to start working again on it; and by the way, there is a logic problem: adding the ability to walk away from the tv basically means doing the contrary of what this hack tries to do (i.e. preventing the sims from walking away leaving the TV on).
Making the hack check if the sim walking away is an adult and there is a toddler in front the TV (not necessarily watching it) it's too long and difficult to do.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#156 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 9:09 AM
I think I may have encountered a problem with this- I know nothing about modding, so this may not even be related to this hack, but as it's the only global hack I have installed right now... Anyways. For some reason, after installing this, my sims won't watch the TV at all. They refuse to acknoledge it exists. This is true of every model of TV, even custom ones. I'll try removing this file and trying again, to see if it is this, but I thought I should tell you incase it is a problem. Sorry if I'm wasting your time here.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#157 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 3:01 PM
Let me know what happens when you remove the hack.

Scholar
#158 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 4:23 AM Last edited by aeval99 : 14th Sep 2007 at 3:13 PM.
Another EP and I'm back again. I just can't live without this hack. Is it compatible with Bon Voyage?

ETA: Thank you for the info!
Test Subject
#159 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 9:26 PM
This mod needs to be updated so that if a TV wakes up a Sim, they turn it off whether they were watching it or not. Most of the time this is more th case than watching and falling asleep.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 2:07 AM
Interesting idea. I'll try and implement it, but I can't promise anything -

PS: Tested and working with Bon Voyage

Test Subject
#161 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 7:28 AM
I had a problem with this hack in Bon Voyage. When a Sim walks to a community lot it goes into buy mode and locks me out of Live mode. I have all the expansions and a few other hacks, and after much trial and error it seems to be this one (and the car stereo one) causing the problem.
Field Researcher
#162 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 7:54 PM
Great mod but I'm looking for just the opposite. It is annoying that Sims turn off the tv every time they cuddle. I want the television to stay on when Sims cuddle for more realism. It would also be good if the command to turn the tv off from the bed without getting out of it is separate from this mod. There is one available on this site (I think) but it doesn't work...at least it didn't for me. I also have all the expansion packs.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#163 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 9:14 PM Last edited by Numenor : 7th Oct 2007 at 10:54 AM.
Squeky - I'll double check the code, in case I've overlooked something. And I'll check the car stereo one, too. Thanks for reporting.

EDIT: I've re-checked line by line the code for the "Turn off TV" mod, and it's perfectly compatible with BV; on the other hand, the "Turn off car stereo" mod wasn't compatible with BV, and could generate the problems you mentioned. I've updated that mod.

Terriecason - I'm sorry, I can't create the mod you ask; as you say, this one does the exact opposite. BTW, I created this one because my sims (that are not very neat) never turned the TV off. Perhaps you have very neat sims in your game

Field Researcher
#164 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 12:37 PM
I'm so happy I found this! My Sims recently vacationed in Twikki Island, and always left the hotel room tv on while they slept. The husband would always relax and watch tv, while the wife slept...then he would go to sleep and leave it on. It drove me crazy 'coz I was the one stuck listening to it!

Thank you! I can't wait to see this work!

--green

It's a neighborhood legacy
Field Researcher
#165 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 9:14 AM
Hey, I just love this hack, it's very useful I was going to ask if it works for Seasons. I searched the comments too but couldn't find the answer. I don't have Bon Voyage, only Uni, Nightlife and Seasons.
Test Subject
#166 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 12:15 PM
Hi,

could you please update it for Free Time?

Thank you so much, I love your downloads and hacks!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#167 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:39 PM
I've checked the code, and it should work fine with FT, too. I will run some more in-game tests. In the meantime, any FT user can test it too, and report here any possible malfunctions.

Test Subject
#168 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 4:01 PM
Oh, thank you! My sims never turned off the TV when they were done, that is why I never bought them one...! But maybe things will change thanks to you!
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:48 PM
really great

Visit my sims page:http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/pod.php?user_id=851763 With it is downloads for all ages!
Test Subject
#170 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 3:56 PM
You deserve some kind of medal for this you jus made my day. Numenor you are definately going to heaven.
Test Subject
#171 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 4:28 PM
hi, fisrt thanks for this mod!
Is it compatible with AL or not? thks
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#172 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 1:59 PM
Yes, I checked, and this mod is compatible with any EP/SP up to AL and M&G. I've now updated the compatibility info on the first post.

Test Subject
#173 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:36 AM
You are a GOD. I love all your downloads - especially CEP and smarter lights! Hope to see you working on TS3 in the future!!

@kittycookies
Of course he's going to heaven... He's 'The ModFather'!!!!!
Test Subject
#174 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 4:58 AM
Thanks so much!!! This has been driving me crazy for the past two years that I had this game. Ur a life saver OUO
Test Subject
#175 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 8:42 AM
That is soo annoying so this is awesome.
Page 7 of 8