Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*UPDATED* Base Game & EP Floor Loom w/ Anims, Skill,and $$

by cokenasmile Posted 21st Jul 2006 at 2:19 AM - Updated 4th Dec 2008 at 1:24 PM by -Maylin-

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#26 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:19 AM
Awww, you're so sweet, cokenasmile. I'm glad my yammering could be helpful. And I forgot to mention... you should TOTALLY continue with more in the same theme. I cannot tell you how delighted I would be to see a working spinning wheel. I had an antique spinning wheel when I was a child and I've always loved 'em... and I can never get enough objects that are appropriate for my more medieval families... and now that I'm starting to play again, I appreciate beautiful work like this even more. I'd love to see an antique Singer-style remesh of your sewing machine.

BTW - this incredibly cool item is featured.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:29 AM
HystericalParoxysm, I already have the antique treadle sewing machine in the works, but the detail in the mesh is taking time to balnce with faces/vertices.

And THANK YOU for featuring my item... wow... 2 features in as many days... I'm thrilled! And thank you LyricLee if you are the one that featured the sewing machine (guessing)!

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 9:41 AM
Wow This Is Better Then The Sewing Machine Looks Great
Instructor
#29 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 9:49 AM
Great job. Thank you.

My projects: Vorkosigan Saga (comming soon) Maria Evgenija Veronica Guild Wars posters
537665746F736C61762052756D656E6F76205361766F76
One Sim to rule them all, One Sim to find them,One Sim to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#30 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 9:56 AM
Oh terrific. I thoroughly road tested your sewing machine last night in my game and it works extremely well. If you've done this the same way, it should be excellent. I can't wait for the spinning wheel to complete the set.
Test Subject
#31 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:07 AM
This is excellent!! I love your sewing machine, and I'm loving this just as much! Thank you so much, and keep up the good work!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:18 AM
These are such a great idea! I have dl both this and your sewing machine and my simmies and I thank you!
Just a note, re UNi required and perform option. if you go into SimPE and click on "Extra" in the top menu bar, then select "preferences" and scroll down to "file Table" uncheck all but CEP and oreiginal game, click ok and restart SimPE it will not load the new UNI coding and your new piano clone won't requrie UNi/ have the Perform menu option
Instructor
#33 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:24 AM
This is awesome! Thank you so much! It will be perfect for my medeival Sims!
I'm really eager to see the rest of your set when its completed. But no rush. Just have fun with it.
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:31 AM
cokenasmile strikes again, Another great creation! THANK YOU!!
Test Subject
#35 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:35 AM
Thanks so much for this, it will look a lot better in my not so well to do vintage homes than a piano! And I'm really pleased you're working on a spinning wheel too.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 11:05 AM
I thought there's only sewing machine...

but this one too....?

BRILLIANT!!!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 11:16 AM
wow this is amazing and your only learning now wow I would have thought that you were very experienced had i not read otherwise. you deserve to be featured for both items as they are amazing and unique *claps* -kirsty

My sim stories
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 11:57 AM
Looks awesome :D

Happy apple poison.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 12:43 PM
W-O-W! This is fantastic! Again, and I know you addressed this already, but...if only...there was some sort of pay with it - even after so many sim hours there was pay out (like the old Sims1 hacked typewriters)...but even without that, this is...w-o-w!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:34 PM
Wow!! I am always impressed with the things you come up with! Just brilliant!! Thanks so much!

Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live for today.
Test Subject
#41 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:18 PM
This is just beautiful. I've been searching for some things to fit some of my theme neighborhoods and this is perfect. Thank you thank you thank you!!! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:50 PM
So so so clever!!! Well done! It's great ,thanks for sharing!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#43 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 5:01 PM
Beautiful, just beautiful. And genius Thanks so much.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 5:11 PM
Awesome, I love it - or, I'd love it, 'cause I don't have any ep's :puppy:
Test Subject
#45 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 5:44 PM
Hello~
Like the article that you do very much
Don't know whether can do an eastern musical instrument
GuZhen?
Thanks
The related website is here
http://www.odiestudio.com/sun/zrelated.htm

Sorry~my English degree isn't good
Please forgive
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simaddict99
These are such a great idea! I have dl both this and your sewing machine and my simmies and I thank you!
Just a note, re UNi required and perform option. if you go into SimPE and click on "Extra" in the top menu bar, then select "preferences" and scroll down to "file Table" uncheck all but CEP and oreiginal game, click ok and restart SimPE it will not load the new UNI coding and your new piano clone won't requrie UNi/ have the Perform menu option

Thank you for the info! I'll try it, and will need some testers since I don't want to uninstall my EP's... any takers?

Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elektraye
Don't know whether can do an eastern musical instrument
GuZhen?
Thanks

The problem I see with that, besides needing to do a lot more image searches so I could mesh it and position it and see what sim animations in the game might work (as I recall the person sits on the floor to play it?), is the sound file. The tambre and melodies of the piano just plain wouldn't cut it. I tried to figure out the sound files to have a machine hum for the sewing machine and couldn't make it work... So much to learn. Good idea though for someone more advanced than me, or me given enough time.

~ cokenasmile

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 6:31 PM
thank you!! you did a fantastic job. my "historical" sims needed this.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 6:35 PM
Wow your objects rock! Thats so cool! Cant wait for future objects!!
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 6:52 PM
This is excellent! I'm looking forward to the rest of the set. Thanks.
Page 2 of 5