Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*UPDATED* Base Game & EP Floor Loom w/ Anims, Skill,and $$

by cokenasmile Posted 21st Jul 2006 at 2:19 AM - Updated 4th Dec 2008 at 1:24 PM by -Maylin-

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 6:56 PM
*Faints
*Wakes up
*Faints again

Thank You! I had requested something like this a few months ago, but there were no takers to attempt it back then. You've made this fiber craft addict very happy!

Because the voices in my head tell me to...
Test Subject
#52 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 7:52 PM
This is soooo coool. It fits right in with my medieval sim's lives. Upright pianos were just not the thing during that time period. This will work.

Thank you!!!!

Cin
Forum Resident
#53 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:06 PM
This is WONDERFULL!!!!!!
I play mainly with my medieval sims and this gives something realistic for my lower class sims to do for creativity points!!! I am so excited for the spinning wheel as well.
You are very talented, thanks so much for your hard work!

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#54 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cokenasmile
Thank you for the info! I'll try it, and will need some testers since I don't want to uninstall my EP's... any takers?

I'd happily test for you, only I have all expansions to date so I don't suppose that's much use to you.
Test Subject
#55 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:41 PM
Cokenasmile, this is fantastic, another new object that really looks like it works. Thank you so much for doing it. (jumping up and down for joy)

Sweetpeapeggy
Field Researcher
#56 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 12:45 AM
wow. I love your sewing machine. Now this...Fantastic! Another original object that I never thought would be made. Makes the sims look exotic and classic. The screenies shows the fantastic texture & detail. Thank you for making this great object.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 1:11 AM
This is a fantastic item, and clever idea and excellent use of the piano animations. Thank you very much for your work and for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 2:07 AM
Amazing! I absolutely adore this; it will fit in so well in the middle-class industrial Victorian neighborhood! And you say you're working on an antique sewing machine and a spinning wheel? Fantastic!

K.B.
Test Subject
#59 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 3:11 AM
Wow! This is so fabulous! I'm a knitter, so anything related to fibre crafts is awesome! Thanks so much for creating and sharing these. You rock!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 3:49 AM
What a fantastic download! Thank you so much! I can't wait to see the spinning wheel!!! Very cool!
Instructor
#61 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 4:33 AM
Thank you cokenasmile, this is amazing work!
Field Researcher
#62 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 5:38 AM
Awesome mod As a note, it works fine in my game, and I don't have Uni. ... but I have NL and OFB, if that helps anybody.

Worship4Ever0227 ~ Visit My Site! SimSafe2.com
Please Check Out The Prayer Room.
Test Subject
#63 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 6:23 AM
Default Thank you anyway
The problem I see with that, besides needing to do a lot more image searches so I could mesh it and position it and see what sim animations in the game might work (as I recall the person sits on the floor to play it?), is the sound file. The tambre and melodies of the piano just plain wouldn't cut it. I tried to figure out the sound files to have a machine hum for the sewing machine and couldn't make it work... So much to learn. Good idea though for someone more advanced than me, or me given enough time.

~ cokenasmile

Thank your help anyway~
I will wait for good news patiently~
Field Researcher
#64 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 6:56 AM
Everyone else has already said everything I could say, but just clicking the thanks button didn't seem enough for this incredible piece of work! Thanks so very much for thinking of this and then doing such an excellent job of making it!
Instructor
#65 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 10:00 AM
I get headache when I read long threads, so I just would like to add something referring to your own statements (sorry if anyone else did it already).
To change Pie Menu Strings it seems that it doesn't work just to retype a line, you have to delete everything, commit and save, change to any other property, then come back and rewrite everything again. There's something wrong that keeps the old text no matter if you changed it by your own text.
When I want effectively to change text, I take note of the order the former text was there, delete everything, save the mod, exit, then I open it again and retype my own text. Afterwards the modifications are effective. Hope it helps somehow.
The old piano was normally too addictive. I always wished me a way to make Sims stop using an object as soon as they maximized the referring skill. I thank anyone that has or come to find a way to do this.

Thank you.
Space Pony
#66 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 10:47 AM
What a great idea !! Thanx so much for sharing !

Silvi
Test Subject
#67 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 2:39 PM
thanks so much!!!! this is wonderfull, i have been building a sewing shop and needed something for them to do. thank you so much!, i will be looking forward to more of the set.
Test Subject
#68 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 3:06 PM
absolutely amazing. thankyou a lot! Also, if you do make it so you may weave clothes/rugs/tapestry's, would your sims be able to sell them? Would creativity count, like it does when you paint on the sims?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 10:15 PM
One word...AWESOME! :-)
Instructor
#70 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 11:51 AM
You have done an amazing work cokenasmile! Great idea!
Instructor
#71 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 12:45 PM
Back again! I just played and it is wonderful!! My kids just adore it! Million of thanks again!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 5:46 PM
evip - Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you like it!

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Instructor
#73 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 10:54 AM
evip - Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you like it!

I have sent you a pm asking your permission to recolor it and post one here and one at the Sims Fashion Barn but you have not answer to me. I wonder if you got it!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 6:04 PM
evip - Sorry, I thought I had answered you. I just sent your response.

Everyone: I hit a huge brick wall on the spinning wheel, did a lot of reading, and found out the "perform" function on musical instruments doesn't work because the instruments do not clone properly if you have any EP's (see atavera's hack and beautiful instruments). SO, I uninstalled all the EP's on my laptop (desktop still has them) and am working on base game versions of the sewing machine and loom and am generally making modifications to better the end result. Think a couple more days, hopefully by the first of next week if all goes well.

Last chance to get in your ideas/opinions before I have them set in "stone"...

Thanks for all your ideas and comments and I hope I give you an item most of you will like!

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#75 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 2:44 AM
Page 3 of 5