Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*UPDATED* Base Game & EP Floor Loom w/ Anims, Skill,and $$

by cokenasmile Posted 21st Jul 2006 at 2:19 AM - Updated 4th Dec 2008 at 1:24 PM by -Maylin-

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Just wanted to let you know this works without UNI. I have base and NL and it works. Thanks!

Thanks for the info! I just tested this in a base game only environment and it won't even show up in the catalog, so it looks like you need an EP of some kind. Good to know it works with just NL!

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Forum Resident
#77 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 10:29 PM
This is such an extraordinary idea for the game!! Thank you for sharing and your time to make it. Fantastic!
hexameter
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 8:35 AM
OK, the Base Game Only version is up. I'll have the EP version tweaked shortly for better shadows, anims, and the $$$ payout. Lemme know what you think!

Field Researcher
#79 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 4:49 PM
I'm confused... which one should I be using then?

Have EP1 & 2.

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 5:33 PM
If you have an EP, you need the bottom one. The base game version is for base game only.

Lab Assistant
#81 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 9:09 PM
This is fantastic. I'll be using it in my Roman neighborhood. For all the skill points my little Roman simmies will earn - I say THANK YOU!! :D

Valui ad satanam in computatrum meum invocandum

Simmer Romanus2 - My Yahoo! Group

Requests of Roman items taken. My NON-adult items are FREE to use, as long as they remain FREE! (NO PAY SITES!) I'd appreciate a link back, or a mention, but it's not needed. :D
Field Researcher
#82 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cokenasmile
If you have an EP, you need the bottom one. The base game version is for base game only.

And that will overwrite the first one I got?

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 6:45 AM
No, the base game version will not overwrite the EP version. The EP version won't overwrite the base game version. They have different file names and GUID's. If you are asking if the EP version has been updated, it is about to be. It, too, will have a different file name and GUID. I wanted to leave people the option of the pay-out or not, and the other tweaks I made. It's hard to make everyone happy, so I left a choice.

Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 10:03 AM
The new EP version with the pay-out of $1000 for skill points is now up. There are the light and dark wood versions and a new "stone" version as well, just for fun and to fit in better with any simstones stuff.

Field Researcher
#85 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 9:03 PM
Just wanted to say 'thanks' again, as I am downloading the 'pay' version. My Sims have been sewing and weaving happily for a week or so now! GREAT addition to the game! Thank you!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 10:34 PM
Thanks for coming back to comment again, ganymede30324. I appreciate the thanks and comments so much since it's the only "pay" I get out of sharing these. I'm glad you enjoy them in the game.

Instructor
#87 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 2:07 AM
Do I have to replace the previous one or they are 2 different things?
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 5:28 AM
Hi evip, they all have unique GUID's and filenames so they do not overwrite each other. You can have the pay version and the nonpay version in EP game with no problem.

Lab Assistant
#89 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 7:35 PM
Cokenasmile, you are truly a genius.

The fairy told Billy "No." Billy then discovered the fairy's head was squishy, like a grape.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 7:50 AM
OK, it has been confirmed that the looms do not work if you have only the University expansion pack. SO, I have uploaded a version that does work with Uni only and it turns out it works with Uni+NL+OFB as well, though I did not test individual EP's. It doesn't pay out, and it doesn't overwrite anything. It does come in light and dark wood.

Test Subject
#91 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:24 PM
Fantastic work, and what a great idea for a download
Test Subject
#92 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 4:55 PM
this is awesome! thank you.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 8:56 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for my Daigon alley sewing shop. Brilliant! Thank you!
Instructor
#94 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 5:35 PM
Maybe now my sim kids will have something to do with their time OTHER than sew their little lives away on your sewing machine! I swear, there's one, every time he comes home, his first two actions are A) show off his A+ report card, and B) run to the study and sew! After about an hour of sewing, his Fun meter's gone up enough for me to take him off and have a parent help with his homework-- he keeps rolling "get an A+" wants, it's pretty easy to keep him platinum.
Admittedly it's great to see his Creativity go up and this kid WILL be painting for life because his Creativity is so dang high, but man! it gets annoying, especially when he brings home other sim kids from school and they aren't interested in chatting with the parents and baby brother while he sews...

[ /rant ]

That said, I love you for this and for your sewing machine. Make a sim of yourself and upload it so I can marry you?

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 12:15 AM
lol you crack me up. Proxian girl, thanks for your comments

Test Subject
#96 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 4:38 PM
wow this is so amazing! I've never downlaoded an actual object before but this is going to be awesome for my medieval peasent girlies!

only one question, does it work with pets or nay?
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 6:14 PM Last edited by cokenasmile : 12th Nov 2006 at 11:12 AM.
Good question I'll fire up my game and test all my stuff and report back.

Edit: I tested the University Edition of all my sewing machines and looms and they do work with the Pets expansion pack. So that version at least does work and I'll have to test the others.

Field Researcher
#98 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 4:47 PM
Just as everyone else has said.. this is fantastic!! Not just for medieval, but for early 1900's periods too. I can't wait to see it in my game, you are awesome! It is so generous of you to share your creations. 5 stars and thank you from me.. :lovestruc:

If you dare to visit the world of the undead.. click my link, and steady yourself.... mmmm, blood, give me blood...

If you click that link, write me at [email protected] let me know so I don't sever you ;-)
Instructor
#99 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 2:24 AM
OMG OMG OMG I can't believe it. I wanted a loom for my medieval Sims for so long (my idea was to use the painting easel and turn it into a weighted loom, but my modding abilities are non-existant) and here it is! And working beautifully - I'm so wowed. Thanks so much! And I love that you made it available for base game and different EPs.

BTW: I have only the Nightlife EP, and the loom works fine for me.

You are planning to make a spinning wheel? Oh bliss bliss bliss! (Any chance to earn some money with it? It would be beyond perfect for my peasant families.)

It's so great that you posted infos on which tutorials helped you to make these, because I'd love to give that weighted loom a try. If it's not to much to ask it would be great if you could point out which tutorials to look to (Numenor has so many!) it would be great; otherwise I'll just search my way through them.

Thanks ever for this awesome object!
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:51 AM
great work! thanks for sharing!!

Joy
True Image Of Happiness

a.k.a. Small Town Sim
Page 4 of 5