Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Centerpiece Enabler for Maxis Small Objects) - Updated 2008/11/23, Added 1 M&G table plant and TV Dinner tray

by Lord Darcy Posted 29th May 2008 at 10:36 AM - Updated 18th Nov 2011 at 7:34 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.0e: Added 1 M&G table plant and TV Dinner tray.

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 6:05 AM
Thank you! It's always annoying to see sims sitting halfway out from the table eating something if there's a decoration or whatnot in front of it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#27 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 8:54 AM
Thank you Lord Darcy, not only for the mod itself (good work! extremely useful!) but also for clearing up what is the purpose of the "CT- Allow with food" BHAV (I've always been curious, but it's not easy to find which BHAVs call a specific "CT"...

BTW, what does it mean the "RTFM" acronym in the ReadMe filename? Pescado uses it all the time and I thought it stood for something unmentionable Of course, I never asked him because I don't want my lips to be ripped off! -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 12:15 PM
Great jod Lord Darcy Thanks for sharing.
The ModFather
retired moderator THANKS POST
#30 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 2:41 PM
Got it! Thanks DaniCast, and thanks again to Lord Darcy for the beautiful mod
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 4:57 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 4th Jun 2008 at 9:11 PM.
I had no idea that so many people would find it useful. Guess I should have released it sooner, it was sitting on my backburner for about half a year. Thanks for your kind comments, everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Thank you Lord Darcy, not only for the mod itself (good work! extremely useful!) but also for clearing up what is the purpose of the "CT- Allow with food" BHAV (I've always been curious, but it's not easy to find which BHAVs call a specific "CT"...

I compared several known valid centerpieces (like that little condiment thing) with invalid centerpieces, and found out that this CT can be seen only in valid ones. A couple of custom objects which contain this CT also worked as valid centerpieces.

NL added this CT to most of pre-NL small objects. But most of custom objects (and many post-NL Maxis small objects, it seems) are cloned from the base game versions of these objects, which lack this CT. I hope more creators would add this CT to decorative objects like small vases. Changing BHAV format from 0x8009 to 0x8007 will prevent any possible incompatibility issue. And it's not like this CT will ever be called by pre-NL games, anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
BTW, what does it mean the "RTFM" acronym in the ReadMe filename? Pescado uses it all the time and I thought it stood for something unmentionable Of course, I never asked him because I don't want my lips to be ripped off! -

Well, it can mean "Read The Fine Manual" as well, in polite form. Pescado named all his RTFMs for his 200+ hacks the same (rtfm.txt). Many people complained that when they extract multiple hacks at the same time, his RTFMs are getting overwritten. I gave different names for mine, so that people can easily find out what the hack does.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 10:37 PM
*kisses* thank you for all your mods!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 11:35 PM
Thanks, Lord Darcy, for once again fixing EA's blunders. You rock!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 9:04 PM
Thank you!!

Question - will the Crypt 'O Night tables etc. work properly now or do I have to go in and do something in the lot?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 10:59 PM
Thank you for this much needed and useful mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CAgirlnKS
Question - will the Crypt 'O Night tables etc. work properly now or do I have to go in and do something in the lot?

No need to do anything on your part. The small objects will pick up the change automatically.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
No need to do anything on your part. The small objects will pick up the change automatically.

Thank you, m'lord!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 4:45 AM
Aah finally :D
My Sims and I now thank you for getting rid of yet another one of those little 'very annoying things' !! Well done , merci beaucoup
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 7:43 PM
Been wishing that I could conjure up something like this for a looooong time, so thank you so much for sharing. XD
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 8:21 PM
Hope Lord Darcy will read this and update the hack for FreeTime patch #2. The hack disables some new FT fixes that were added by the patch. Still, it is about time someone fixed all those centerpieces. Great job!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 1:59 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 7th Sep 2008 at 1:30 AM.
2008-06-18: v1.0a - Updated to FreeTime patch #2. Resource conflict in FT craftable plates and Voodoo Doll was resolved.

Quote: Originally posted by dickhurt
Hope Lord Darcy will read this and update the hack for FreeTime patch #2. The hack disables some new FT fixes that were added by the patch.

Thanks to dickhurt for reporting the issue. I haven't installed FT second patch yet and was not aware of the issue.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 5:29 PM
Thank you m'Lord! What a wonderful, useful hack. Also, great idea to rename each of the rtfm files. I hate it when I inadvertantly overwrite the manuals!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 7:50 AM
2008-06-30: v1.0b - Updated to IKEA Home Stuff. Added 4 IKEA table lamps.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 11:14 AM
Thank you. :-)
Banned
#45 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:28 PM
Does this go in the download folder
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tgriffplayer
Does this go in the download folder

Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
Installation:

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
(Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

How about reading the instruction in the main post, before you ask the question?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 11:12 PM
Wow, thanks a lot! It'll be nice to actually have not-plain-and-boring tables anymore - after all, who keeps their dining table completely bare? Much appreciated!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 11:13 PM

HUGE THANK YOU for this....yay I can place things on my dining tables now!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 8:28 PM
Thanks so much for this!! it's really useful
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 4:27 AM
Thank you! That has been bothering me for the longest time!
Page 2 of 4