Locked thread | Replies: 11162 (Who?), Viewed: 520377 times.
Page 443 of 447
Lab Assistant
#11051 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 3:59 PM
@emino
@daisylee

Have you tried Lotharihoe's Sim Spawn Overhaul?
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#11052 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 4:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I'll start. I am absolutely OBSESSED with this couch.

Did they really have a chesterfield sofa in a pack that is themed 'cottage living'? Chesterfields originated in stately homes, whereas cottages started off as small homes for farmers and labourers.
https://www.timelesschesterfields.c...field-sofa-i152

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Top Secret Researcher
#11053 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 5:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eehna
@emino
@daisylee

Have you tried Lotharihoe's Sim Spawn Overhaul?


Ok this one seems to be more comprehensive than Zero's Walkby Overhaul, and also updated to the latest patch. I'm switching! XD
Alchemist
#11054 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 6:37 PM
I have not tried that mod and will check it out. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#11055 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 7:14 PM
Ugh only after I wasted hours on figuring out why the portable vacuum cleaner would not work, I stumble into this gem.



This is after I remove my entire mods folder before finally disabling the mods to test and still find out it didnt work WTF HAHAHAHA. Design choice my ass.

I know I know I am a bit late to rage about the vacuum cleaners lol but in my previous saves I use roomba lol.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11056 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 7:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
Ugh only after I wasted hours on figuring out why the portable vacuum cleaner would not work, I stumble into this gem.



This is after I remove my entire mods folder before finally disabling the mods to test and still find out it didnt work WTF HAHAHAHA. Design choice my ass.

I know I know I am a bit late to rage about the vacuum cleaners lol but in my previous saves I use roomba lol.


.... You didn't actually get... Bust The Dust... Did you??? *shivers*
Mad Poster
#11057 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 7:20 PM
Stupid question for the day: Why can't adult sims use a vacuum cleaner?
Top Secret Researcher
#11058 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 7:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot999
.... You didn't actually get... Bust The Dust... Did you??? *shivers*


I like extra challenges in my game. Dust adds some layers of challenges, literally lol.

Also back then I thought its the only way for me to ever have bunnies in the game, then comes CL lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Stupid question for the day: Why can't adult sims use a vacuum cleaner?


They can use the non portable, bulky ones apparently. The portable ones can only be used by kids. Stupid design choice, my my best bet is they dont wanna do animation for smaller vacuums using by adults.
Forum Resident
#11059 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 7:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
I like extra challenges in my game. Dust adds some layers of challenges, literally lol.

Also back then I thought its the only way for me to ever have bunnies in the game, then comes CL lol.



They can use the non portable, bulky ones apparently. The portable ones can only be used by kids. Stupid design choice, my my best bet is they dont wanna do animation for smaller vacuums using by adults.


Is it really a challenge though?
I also want challenges in my gameplay, and proper vaccuuming is something I've wanted in The Sims series basically since I saw the simvac aspiration reward in 2 for the first time. But considering the game rewards you for having tons of dust with obscene riches, (talking like several thousand per day potentially) temple artifacts, and debug items.... I'd hardly call it adding challenge...
Top Secret Researcher
#11060 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 7:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot999
Is it really a challenge though?
I also want challenges in my gameplay, and proper vaccuuming is something I've wanted in The Sims series basically since I saw the simvac aspiration reward in 2 for the first time. But considering the game rewards you for having tons of dust with obscene riches, temple artifacts, and debug items.... I'd hardly call it adding challenge...


I have mods in place that nerfed dust bunnies (there's like 3 different of my fav modders that provide their own version of this). As mentioned in my earlier comments, I like Carls videos because he shows me the ceiling limit of how/when and at what point the game will be broken and I look for ways to stop that from happening. So yeah I keep dusts as extra challenge, and dust bunnies now wont even have the chance to spawn since I have real bunnies to play around with CL, I might as well vacuum them all.
Mad Poster
#11061 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 8:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino

They can use the non portable, bulky ones apparently. The portable ones can only be used by kids. Stupid design choice, my my best bet is they dont wanna do animation for smaller vacuums using by adults.


Oh, right. If Maxis can find a way to half-ass something, they leap at the opportunity.

Thanks for answering my question.
Instructor
#11062 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Did they really have a chesterfield sofa in a pack that is themed 'cottage living'? Chesterfields originated in stately homes, whereas cottages started off as small homes for farmers and labourers.
https://www.timelesschesterfields.c...field-sofa-i152


Probably bought them from auction sales when the contents of posh houses were sold to cover Death Duties. Thrifty our farmers!
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#11063 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamishmc
Probably bought them from auction sales when the contents of posh houses were sold to cover Death Duties. Thrifty our farmers!

I think the real problem with Sims 4 is that the people who are making it are all about 12 years old, and I'm about 100.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Field Researcher
#11064 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 1:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
I think the real problem with Sims 4 is that the people who are making it are all about 12 years old, and I'm about 100.


12? you will say 2 or 3 years
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11065 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 4:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Did they really have a chesterfield sofa in a pack that is themed 'cottage living'? Chesterfields originated in stately homes, whereas cottages started off as small homes for farmers and labourers.
https://www.timelesschesterfields.c...field-sofa-i152


When I said I was obsessed with couch, I meant it. I am an absolute slut for this couch.
Screenshots

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#11066 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 4:47 AM
Ok I'm wondering if they made it so that farming can gain fitness or something, because my sims gets ripped after like 2 weeks of farming without any gym time.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11067 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 5:09 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 24th Jul 2021 at 6:26 AM.
So has anyone else been experiencing genetics in their game acting even worse than usual after the latest patch? I've been re-rolling the genetics for an interracial couple and not only do the children not look like EITHER parent, but they're coming out either black or white (or Asian, in one...odd case). There is no in between anymore

Also I think they might have made a mistake while categorizing this top lol


The Receptacle still lives!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11068 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Also I think they might have made a mistake while categorizing this top lol


It's blue, isn't it? Girls couldn't wear a blue top.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#11069 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 2:23 PM
I feel like I enjoy this pack more than I should because its kind challenging to juggle between earning income while having enough food item in the fridge, and at the same time befriending animal can be a beetch especially when they are constantly mad at ya for no reason lol. And all this while trying to find someone cute for my sim to date, doing favors for sims to get parts for animal house upgrades and figuring fav stuff for each of them lol.

I also kinda gave up in increasing relationships with my chickens once I have more than 3 and just keep them happy for the eggs. Also the world is different and gorgeous.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
DELETED POST
24th Jul 2021 at 2:37 PM
This message has been deleted by Jathom95.
Mad Poster
#11070 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 6:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
I feel like I enjoy this pack more than I should because its kind challenging to juggle between earning income while having enough food item in the fridge, and at the same time befriending animal can be a beetch especially when they are constantly mad at ya for no reason lol. And all this while trying to find someone cute for my sim to date, doing favors for sims to get parts for animal house upgrades and figuring fav stuff for each of them lol.

I also kinda gave up in increasing relationships with my chickens once I have more than 3 and just keep them happy for the eggs. Also the world is different and gorgeous.


Yeah the chickens are bitches. I've pretty much stopped trying too. I decided to try all three farm animals (with three chickens) in one household, thinking I wouldn't have to juggle THAT much...I was quite wrong. It's not like super hard or anything but it is the most challenging experience I've had with this gamjob. So kudos

The Receptacle still lives!
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#11071 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 6:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
When I said I was obsessed with couch, I meant it. I am an absolute slut for this couch.

Oh it's a nice couch, I had a chesterfield back in the 80s, but I was just wondering why they put it in this pack. I suppose lots of peope in the Cotswolds do have Chesterfields, as you have to be rich to buy a house here nowdays, but I just thought a country living pack would have more.. rustic stuff, I suppose! Everyone seems to be liking the pack so far though.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Top Secret Researcher
#11072 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 6:54 PM
'Trade' for meat eh? So that's what we're calling it now? lol

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11073 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 7:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
'Trade' for meat eh? So that's what we're calling it now? lol



Oh that's dark as fuck. That's the kind of joke I would have expected from like...TS1. I really like this pack xD

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11074 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 9:26 PM
Part of me wishes they just went for it. A fox can kill a rabbit. The player can’t kill a cow for food?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#11075 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Part of me wishes they just went for it. A fox can kill a rabbit. The player can’t kill a cow for food?


You're really asking for a pack they decided to make about being friends with farm animals?

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Locked thread
Page 443 of 447
Back to top