Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 11:25 AM Last edited by noxnoxnox : 15th Nov 2011 at 7:36 AM.
Default Pet&Appaloosa-friendly Lots
How do you want your Pets lot looks like? Which do you prefer, EA or custom lot? Where would your sims live in Appaloosa? I hope you post your favorite ranches, farms or cottages so we can compile a beautiful list of Pet and App-friendly lots.
I fell in love with Appaloosa Plains right at the moment I set eyes on it in game and officially declare myself its loyal resident for an indefinite time (with the convenience of Twallan Traveller, I hope there won't be much to miss in the outside worlds. )
Do you think EA deserves to be praised this time for their effort with the gorgeous rabbit holes, interesting community lots and lovely landscaping (despite the rumour that they outsources the whole design)?
Optimist aside, down with the reality that we have been spoiled by our amazing builders around the community for a long time, so considering how picky I have become, EA building standard for residential lots cannot satisfy my desire for spacious ranches and cozy farmhouses for the new Appaloosa Plains, here I am on the desperate lot hunt (40x50 is the new popular lot size in the neighborhood), at the end, I must admit I fail to find a decent ranch and end up with more cottage.

First off, if you want to save your bulldozing time:
Emptied Appaloosa Plains Saves, with and without Community Lots
http://customsims3.com/forums/thread-824.html
Then the real deals:

The first lot is from Ung999, my favorite builder of all time
Timber Living

Ung999 - Lavender

Lhonna - Sunflower

The BrandyWine

Armiel - Heat of Summer

Armiel - Happy Sunset Pub

The Heritage Orchard

Pond Farm

Farm Gymnich

Ung999 - Villa Flora

Ruthlesskk - Petite Family Vinyard

Ruthlesskk - French Country Farm

Romagi - The Mill House

Romagi - Gavin's Glen

Romagi - Lil' Country Vineyard

Ninotchka - Puggle Farm

Hill Country House

JarkaD - Farma – pro dva koně

JarkaD - Farma – pro 4 koníky / Farm for 4 horses

JarkaD - Western House

JarkaD - Western Farma

Cottonwood Meadow

Austin Retreat

Hortensia House

Appaloosa Plain Real Estate

Dalia - Rancho

NeonSims - Project Him Piccadilly Ranch

Windy Mill by Tanitas8

Sookielee - Woodglen Homestead

Pomona Stables

Fortune Tellers Caravan

COMMUNITY LOTS

Saloon Wild Horse

Red Cow Club

Red Stallion Saloon

Hog's Head Pub

Lawrence Equestrian Center
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:41 PM
Thank you, I am going to nab all of these
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 9:00 PM
Oh my, someone's been busy.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 3:25 AM Last edited by noxnoxnox : 24th Oct 2011 at 4:39 AM.
Updated with Flora
I think I have to add Flora, I was hesitant because it totally looks like Mediterranean/French than a Western farm, but it's too lovely to skip and Ung999 is always my favorite builder. There are also some more irresistible vineyard here in MTS.
Though I'm more than excited to have horse, cat, dog, bird...I really wish EA included some cows, chickens, ducks...to make these truly farm-ish.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 3:50 AM
Woodglen Homestead by Sookielee looks perfect for Appaloosa Plains and it has a perfect garden.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:58 AM
Good choices, got quite a few of them. Being lazy but these lots look fun. Thanks for the information.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 5:17 AM Last edited by noxnoxnox : 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:14 PM.
Three more Community Lots - Perfect Pubs for Riverview and Appaloosa, I think the Late Night club that EA provided us with Pet release is too modern to put in countryside:
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:18 PM
marvelously helpful list here, thanks people
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:25 PM
Awesome, thanks muchly for this compilation!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
I think I have to add Flora, I was hesitant because it totally looks like Mediterranean/French than a Western farm, but it's too lovely to skip and Ung999 is always my favorite builder. There are also some more irresistible vineyard here in MTS.
Though I'm more than excited to have horse, cat, dog, bird...I really wish EA included some cows, chickens, ducks...to make these truly farm-ish.

Put it in Les Champs as a vacation home.

Sims Crossing has another good residential for AP.

http://www.simscrossing.net/smf/ind...c85&topic=659.0
Alchemist
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 6:09 PM
As a lazy simmer from way back, I would like to say kudos for those of you who spend the time to make my neighborhhods look lovely with your lot creations . Excellent work nox
Alchemist
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 12:07 AM
My sim family is currently living in JarkaD's farm for 4 horses (farma - pro 4 koniky) and it's lovely house. Two things, though. First, she (Jarka is a she, right?) put single storey doors for the horses. They need two storey door, sho I had to delete part of the roof and change the walls to get that door there. Secondly, when my simmies moved in, there were dirty dishes and spoiled food on the table and on the counters. Not very nice. Also had to remove a lot of plants from the yard.

Villa Flora is very, very nice, though.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:29 PM
I think the leftovers is from the house testing process. Other than that, JarkaD western farm series is really awesome.
Alchemist
#14 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 2:15 AM
I think the leftovers is from the house testing process. Other than that, JarkaD western farm series is really awesome.

I know but I never leave dirty dishes behind. Minor thing, though. And yes, Jarka's houses are wonderful. Shame that the roof looks bit different now on some parts but that's a minor thing, as well. I really do like this house, especially after I planted it on a 64x64 lot, instead of 50x50. I needed the extra space.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 3:14 AM
lol...you are using 64x64 :D. I used to download 20x30, 30x40... as they look cozy and I want my sims to got to their pool car as fast as possible...but with Pets arrival, 40x50, 50x50, even 60x60 are the new norm, it seems I can't get enough space for my horse to gallop around, and I don't even have time for the office job. My sim brushes the horses all day and race at night now.
Alchemist
#16 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:04 PM
Yeah, they're quite a handfull, that's for sure. I needed the 64x64 because I had to fit two large horse pens (is that the right word?), a vegetable garden + fruit trees and a two storey hay barn (took down the original since it was nearly in the middle of the yard). I think this is the first time I'm actually playing with lot this big. I like it, though.
Scholar
#17 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 5:25 PM
The problem with placing lots specifically designed for keeping horses is the jumps take up SO MUCH SPACE OMG. Place a couple jumps and suddenly half your lot is training area for the horse.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 7:21 PM Last edited by Jaeger : 4th Nov 2011 at 7:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Yeah, they're quite a handfull, that's for sure. I needed the 64x64 because I had to fit two large horse pens (is that the right word?), a vegetable garden + fruit trees and a two storey hay barn (took down the original since it was nearly in the middle of the yard). I think this is the first time I'm actually playing with lot this big. I like it, though.

Well, corral.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 7:28 PM
lol...you are using 64x64 :D. I used to download 20x30, 30x40... as they look cozy and I want my sims to got to their pool car as fast as possible...but with Pets arrival, 40x50, 50x50, even 60x60 are the new norm, it seems I can't get enough space for my horse to gallop around, and I don't even have time for the office job. My sim brushes the horses all day and race at night now.

How about building a common jumping community lot surrounded by smaller residential lots who share the common jumping lot.

Need more time, use Twallans Relativity mod.
Theorist
#20 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 1:30 PM
Can I recommend a lot? It's called Pamona Stables and it's by auntielynds - available in the link below..really nice lot. It's not really set up for a family but players could make some changes to allow that. It includes seed spawners so if you turn the lot several times before getting it oriented where you want it, don't forget to use buydebug to delete the extra spawners. Oh, and it uses the spiral staircase so you might have to delete it and replace it to get it to work.

Link:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=4746522
Screenshots

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:46 PM
A visit to Pomona Stables is really worthwhile, I haven't checked up on autielynds' creation for a while so I'm glad you linked it here.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 11:40 PM
I'm so glad someone did this. I've been looking everywhere to fill up AP. Thanks so much!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:02 PM
Thank you for this. :P

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Check out my videos. Why Don't You? PM for Link :)