Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 5:26 PM
Default Glint 2.0
Ok, so ive just jumped on the wagon with this little guy. I have just seen him floating around when I was scouring the map view for a stray cat to pick on ... adopt that is. Had to zoom in on the little guy! There is something to tragic there. Couldent get my sim to go to him as she is a single teen and it was past curfew, but she has a goal now to find and 'rescue' the poor little thing ( soon as I figure out how anyhow, lol)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 8:19 PM
Yeah, I fell for him too. From what I've read, he died of neglect (thirst) pre-game. Someone suggested he could be revived with Ambrosia. Haven't been able to make it yet, but I want to "revive" him so much. I have my sims (the Singleton brothers) bottle feed him every night just to keep him around. Why, EA, why make something so tragic in the game???
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 8:44 PM
hopefully well find how to bring him back, large community. But I do agree, WHY do that EA, its so sad?
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:13 PM
Doesn't a red ghost mean death by fire? I can't remember. I've seen him run by my house twice now.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:22 PM
Thats an orangy-red for fire. There are various views on the color of animal ghosts atm, 1 is that the color represents the animals state. Either good or evil, or good mood or bad mood and even old v young. I dont know myself. Wish EA still gave the little booklet to help clear these matters up for us!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:24 PM
Orange is death by fire. Red is death by thirst (but is usually a vampire-only death), so it's possible that it's that. However, people have said that "good" pet ghosts are blue and "bad" pet ghosts are red, so it could also be that. Not sure what decides whether a pet is good or bad. Haven't had any pet deaths yet to see what happens, but I do remember seeing a picture before the EP was out of a Sim shaking a ghost dog's paw, and I believe that dog was blue/natural ghost colored.. so maybe the good/bad thing is true.
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:01 PM
So sad!
I would love to see if Ambrosia would make him live again! If somebody does that, post the results? (Pets and I aren't friends right now, so I can't do it myself). I wonder what coat he'll have?
Can you not adopt/breed him because he's a ghost? That's weird because you can have ghost babies. I would love ghost foals to go with the horse babies
Scholar
#8 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma
So sad!
I would love to see if Ambrosia would make him live again! If somebody does that, post the results? (Pets and I aren't friends right now, so I can't do it myself). I wonder what coat he'll have?
Can you not adopt/breed him because he's a ghost? That's weird because you can have ghost babies. I would love ghost foals to go with the horse babies

He should be part of the Singleton household if you want to try.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 3:33 AM
How do you feed him Ambrosia? All I get is the chance to "bottle feed" him.
Scholar
#10 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
He should be part of the Singleton household if you want to try.
I can't play right now, my computer's graphics are outdated and so I'm (impatiently) waiting for a new computer. So I would love pictures if anybody does this before I get my new computer, otherwise I'll post it myself
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 8:44 AM
I'd like to see if the Science Lab opportunity will trigger on a horse ghost. Playable horse foals would be awesome.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 9:25 AM Last edited by KajaB : 1st Nov 2011 at 10:28 AM.
I have gotten the Science Lab opportunity when one of my horses died. He however turned into a blue ghost.
*Cough* Ok, when I say died I mean I made him an elder with Master Controller and then triggered the age transition.
He died for science x)

Game seems to label it good and bad death indeed, but iirc doesnt say "bad pet".
I''ll look into it further I think, as I havent been able to get the red ghost.

[Edit] Ok, so if a horse dies of old age with all motives very low, it will be red. RIP Glint 3.0.
He died for science too :p

Not sure how one would produce a red ghost foal though, or a blue one for that matter, since "apparently" pets cant die from anything other than old age, or the social worker will come get them?
It might not be possible at all.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 11:01 AM
Picture spam

Screenshots
Theorist
#14 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 2:39 PM
Awesome! Did you just place the Ambrosia on the ground and the foal autonomously ate it?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 5:56 PM
I made him playable so I dont know if he would have done it on his own
Scholar
#16 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KajaB
I made him playable so I dont know if he would have done it on his own

Did you make him playable through cheats or through the opportunity?

I'm strongly considering hopping on the Singletons to see whether ghost horses will have ghost babies.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 7:19 PM
Hmm. Both lol?
I gave the sim the Oh My Ghost! opportunity through MC, but the making the ghost playable in itself was legit I guess.
Scholar
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:08 AM
Ahh, that doesn't help me. I'm trying to find out if the opportunity will naturally trigger on horses. And well, you know how opportunities are...so it hasn't happened yet in my game.
Scholar
#19 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:12 AM
Glint 2.0 is so...red But super cute When I get the game working, I'm going to make his mane flaming and he'll be the evilest fire horse ever :D
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:10 PM
about the colours.....if they are red it means that they died with less than 10k lifetime points, if they are blue then they died happy with 10k+ lifetime points
Field Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BiebersBabeAllie
about the colours.....if they are red it means that they died with less than 10k lifetime points, if they are blue then they died happy with 10k+ lifetime points

You necro'd a thread, but at least you made a genuine contribution.

I'd always wondered about that, but I don't think the lifetime happiness points is the right thing. I had several cats die recently, some had lots of lifetime happiness points, others had few but lots of rewards. They all ended up red ghosts but one, I think. I've since deleted their tombstones, so I guess I'll have to get some more pets!
Scholar
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BiebersBabeAllie

3 year necro are you serious? mostly everyone that has Pets knows that, check the date next time before you post.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 8:56 PM
Well, at least I found the answer to a question here that otherwise I would have had to post in Stupid Questions soon (not the LTP but the Ambrosia one).