Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:38 PM
Default Rain doesn't water the crops
I hope this is a glitch in my game or a modder comes to fix it. My sim was standing out in the pouring rain watering his garden.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 9:12 PM
Well, I guess the upside to that is the plants won't constantly be over-watered by the rain. I remember that happening a lot in TS2.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:17 PM
Annoying, since I remember this as one of the things the Sim Gurus used to mention a lot.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:37 PM
It's supposed to... give it more time? :/
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:44 PM
Yeah, lets hope somebody fixes that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:30 PM
Gads I remember how much i HATED gardening in TS2. That is one thing that ended up much better this time around.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:31 PM
Maybe it's depending on how long it rains. My storms break out all of sudden and stops just about as quick. *shrugs*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 1:55 AM
My rains last forever. This last one started at 1 AM and is still going strong at 4 or 5 PM (I turned off my game to let the machine cool for a while) And at 7 AM I had him go out and tend garden - and there he was in the rain with his watering can.
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:11 AM
Don't have any crops in my game thus far, but hope to soon because I really want to grow some pumpkins. I was really hoping they'd add the gardener from TS2 back in to the services option because I really like gardening, but really hate how high maintenance it is.
Instructor
#10 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:13 AM
I'm having the same issue--it started raining at about 9:00 PM and continued raining well into the next day (it stopped sometime in the afternoon), and my crops still needed to be watered.
Alchemist
#11 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpikesSerenity
Don't have any crops in my game thus far, but hope to soon because I really want to grow some pumpkins. I was really hoping they'd add the gardener from TS2 back in to the services option because I really like gardening, but really hate how high maintenance it is.

No gardener? Say it isn't so
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 7:35 PM
^You wanted seasons. You got it. Stripped down content and all.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 7:51 PM
I don't have my sims gardening either, there is other things I want to do and hate having them take care of the garden, not going to any of the community lots. It's just a shame that rain is not connecting to the plants.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#14 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 7:54 PM
i think i saw a gardener on here somewhere? in the downloads sections obviously. i have no idea how old it is but try searching?
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
i think i saw a gardener on here somewhere? in the downloads sections obviously. i have no idea how old it is but try searching?

There is If you type gardener in the download section, a NPC gardener is among the search. The gardener is compatible with the latest patch too. And only base game is needed.
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 11:13 AM
DouglasVeiga's NPC Gardener mod He also has a harvest robot and some other stuff that makes life easier for your sims: http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=6962806
Scholar
#17 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:05 PM
If you use DouglasVeiga's harvest robot combined with the Magic Garden Gnome , all you'll ever have to do is find and plant the seeds. This is very cheaty (though you can adjust how much the gnome does), and your sim will grow very rich, very fast. Garden Gnome has not been updated for Seasons yet. As an alternative, however, SilverFox has updated the Magic Water-Pump which I'm trying now, it has the added optional functionality to fertilize and weed.

Probably they'll all stop working when EA releases the greenhouse...
One Minute Ninja'd
#18 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
If you use DouglasVeiga's harvest robot combined with the Magic Garden Gnome , all you'll ever have to do is find and plant the seeds. This is very cheaty (though you can adjust how much the gnome does), and your sim will grow very rich, very fast. Garden Gnome has not been updated for Seasons yet. As an alternative, however, SilverFox has updated the Magic Water-Pump which I'm trying now, it has the added optional functionality to fertilize and weed.

Probably they'll all stop working when EA releases the greenhouse...

Actually, I'm using the garden gnome, and it's working just fine in my game.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 5:00 PM
I use a combination of the Garden gnome and the harvester. It takes me a while to finally have my sims find one at the consignment store, but once I do, I just have them go outside, harvest, and then go about their business. All my sims do is find seeds and plant. Glad someone updated the garden gnome since the original creator sort of abandoned it.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 2:44 AM
If you have late night, the butler might do the gardening for you. The butler always used to do my sims' gardening and I had to fire him because they couldn't level up. Might be worth a try...
Inventor
#21 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 3:13 AM
... which is all very nice but rain still doesn't water the crops.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 2:57 PM
Yeah I thought rain watering your crops was part of it's functionality? It just seems logical that it would be....But I have a garden myself, and it's been raining like heck in my game. So what gives???
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 4:21 PM
The rain waters my crops ok and I dont have any gardening mods.