Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 10:25 PM
Default Alliergies and getting sick
I'm play an occult family of 8+ sims, and I've noticed that they never, ever get sick or allergies. To test this, I created a tuning mod that gives a 100% chance to give allergies when they pick flowers. When I play a non-occult family, they get the allergies, but when I play my werewolf/fairy family, they don't. Has anyone had an occult sim get sick yet? I can't find anything in the game files about this. I'm playing in Moonlight Falls so basically everyone is an occult sim. I also tried this with no other mods, same result.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 12:14 AM
My witch just got sick and just got her alien mother in law sick. Nobody in the family got sick until I cast pestilence on a random townie and then got sick from him. Then she got the whole family sick. After she got sick once, then she started getting allergies after that.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 7:19 PM
After doing some research it appears that werewolves are immune to allergies and getting sick. As soon as I cured my sims it worked fine. Have no idea about fairies.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 9:01 PM
My witch Sim randomly sneezed after a night at the club. I'm sure the occults that are more beast/monster than human are immune to getting sick and having allergies, sounds right to me that they are but I haven't been able to play much, game crashes after awhile, freezing constantly in-between startup and crashing.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 6:42 PM
My Witch sim keeps getting the dark circles under eyes thing, but gets no moodlets or anything. I have no idea if she's sick or not. Can't tell.

None of my other witches have gotten sick yet. But I quickly put the Simmunity reward on them when I got enough points.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 6:56 PM
It seems that werewolves, fairies, and vampires are immune to getting sick in Seasons. They can still get the pestilence curse though.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Howabominable
It seems that werewolves, fairies, and vampires are immune to getting sick in Seasons.

That makes sense. Fairies, Werewolves, and Vampires are pretty much other lifeforms, while Witches are only humans with magical abilities, really.