Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 6:18 PM
Default Are PlumbDroids possible?
Back when Ambitions was released, I often made Simbots into Simdroids using Edit In CAS. But the results were always awkward, as Simbot animations look wierd on a normal Sim skin at times. However with ITF, the Plumbots seemed a perfect candidate for an Android remodel, so I tried messing about with Plumbots, to make them appear human.

I tried a couple things in Master Controller to accomplish this.

I tried Edit In CAS. I was able to change the Plumbot's body, but no matter what I did, they would either retain their Robot Heads, or they would have invisible faces. I even thought to use Makeup, and see what that did. Unfortunately it wouldn't even show up, so I couldn't use that and Contacts to give it a face.

So I then tried copying the appearence of another Sim, but it ended up doing nothing.

Finally, I tried to remove the Plumbot occult status, edit the resulting sim, and turn them back into a Plumbot. I was able to turn it human, but it refused to re-accept the Plumbot occult status.

So, I must ask if anyone's figured out how to make proper PlumbDroids, and if so, how?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 8:30 PM
A simmer posted here, http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=514702, that he accomplished something like this. Still waiting on the video link so I can see it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 11:56 AM Last edited by Baiaana : 3rd Nov 2013 at 10:32 PM.
It's a thing that i'm interested too! A Cyborg Sim!
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 5:26 AM
I was kinda able to create something like a Simdroid - regarding the face, I had to use a template face (found in a tutorial on here) that had bone assignments (so the mouth would move and the face would have some expression), and set it as an accessory so I could use hair on it, but the Sim eyes don't show up. So I'm using Esmeralda's glowing eyes instead. I think though that you might be able to extract the eyeball mesh, and use the eye texture on it, but that may have to be set to an accessory as well in order to be used; I'm not sure... Haven't got all the kinks worked out, but I'll post a pic when I can of what I've managed to get done if anyone's interested...

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I was kinda able to create something like a Simdroid - regarding the face, I had to use a template face (found in a tutorial on here) that had bone assignments (so the mouth would move and the face would have some expression), and set it as an accessory so I could use hair on it, but the Sim eyes don't show up. So I'm using Esmeralda's glowing eyes instead. I think though that you might be able to extract the eyeball mesh, and use the eye texture on it, but that may have to be set to an accessory as well in order to be used; I'm not sure... Haven't got all the kinks worked out, but I'll post a pic when I can of what I've managed to get done if anyone's interested...

I'd like to see that. I downloaded robotic contacts I was planning to use anyways, so if you can post a picture, that would be greatly appreciated.