Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 11:43 PM
Making Oasis Landing an independent neighborhood?
Hello. So I don't know anything about making worlds or the coding in it or anything. I'm wondering if it would be possible to change the Oasis Landing sub-neighborhood into an original one, at a present time. I'd like to have multiple families living in OL without having to go back and forth in time to switch the active family. I guess if OL was made into an independent neighborhood, you could technically still travel into the future from there.
So anyway, is this a possibility or has anyone done it? I'm just looking for a custom world with the same layout as OL and the same NPCs (as in having futuristic clothes/ hair by default) and everything how it would be if you really traveled in time, but at a "present" setting.
Please let me know! Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 12:16 AM
I don't know but it definitely sounds like a good idea. It might be possible with mods or something.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 12:46 AM
Neko-sims made a hood out of OL calling it Arcadia Landing. It's unpopulated, and needs a few items to make it a livable world, like a grocery store and a school, which you can place yourself. You can find it at their tumlbr site http://neko-sims.tumblr.com/post/64...anding-was-only .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Neko-sims made a hood out of OL calling it Arcadia Landing. It's unpopulated, and needs a few items to make it a livable world, like a grocery store and a school, which you can place yourself. You can find it at their tumlbr site http://neko-sims.tumblr.com/post/64...anding-was-only .

Oh wow! Cool, this is just what I wanted! By unpopulated, does that mean all the lots are empty? Or there are no NPCs walking around?

Perry the Platypus
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 1:09 AM
Oh wait a minute! I googled Arcadia Landing and a populated version came up. Apparently you still download the same unpopulated world, and then just add this to the Saves folder and you have the default families.
http://www.ladymoiraine.com/forum/i...hp?topic=7262.0

Perry the Platypus
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 3:13 AM
Thanks for finding the populated save game for it. I didn't know it was out there. Problem solved for you. Although, TBH, I usually knock off the local population and repopulate it with sims from my library, using Twallan's Story Progression to generate the sims from the genetics of my library. That does create an issue in a place like OL/Arcadia, where "futuristic" clothing does make more sense, but for myself, I'd rather have the better looking sims than necessarily all dressed to the period but looking like stock EA sims. Still, the save game you found is a solution if you want to maintain the look and feel for the community, and I'll probably snap it up just in case I ever want to give it a go that way.