Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 9:09 PM
Default My sim randomly became a Celebrity.
So I'm on day two of my new sims file. I've done nothing but spoke to time machiene guy, cooked a meal and went to bed. The next day I'm
Stood there cooking and it suddenly comes up with the fact that I'm now a celebrity.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does any one know why it happens?
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:43 AM
It's a feature. Enjoy it.

Or, if it bothers you as much as it does me, turn off the whole, broken celebrity system for your family, so stupid crap like that doesn't recur.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:45 AM
Did your sim gain a skill point in cooking? My sims get celebrity with their skills. Could just be a mod, though.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:59 AM
I quit playing with the celebrity system and turned it off because it's so stupid. I still get plenty of gifts, from the stupid love letters system, not missing anything.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I quit playing with the celebrity system and turned it off because it's so stupid. I still get plenty of gifts, from the stupid love letters system, not missing anything.

I wish I could do the same. A selected few (very few) sims in my world do "need" to be celebrity because of the Exclusive club, and I want them to ride limo, etc... But I agree, I can't avoid having sims to NOT become celebrity. It's extremely annoying. Another thing about celebrity is that it requires career like Film at high level to obtain certain celebrity points to even rank up.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Inventor
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 10:39 AM
The Celeb system is borked as others said, it's also not really a celebrity system as much but more of a socialite system or as I like to call it, a Paris Hilton simulator (but without the "leaked" sex tapes)

The attraction system is a whole different source of annoyance.. stop hitting on me! I'm married!

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Alchemist
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
Did your sim gain a skill point in cooking? My sims get celebrity with their skills. Could just be a mod, though.

With Twallan's StoryProgression, Sims will get celebrity points as they gain skills. I don't know if it's intended in the vanilla game though.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
With Twallan's StoryProgression, Sims will get celebrity points as they gain skills. I don't know if it's intended in the vanilla game though.

Well that explains it then. I don't mind my sims being celebrities, I just like to earn it.

How do I turn that particular feature of the mod off?

Edit: nevermind, found it and reduced it.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CorruptedBride
Well that explains it then. I don't mind my sims being celebrities, I just like to earn it.

How do I turn that particular feature of the mod off?

Edit: nevermind, found it and reduced it.

Care to show how you did it?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Alchemist
#10 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Care to show how you did it?

It's under Story Progression > General Options > Options: Skills > Celebrity per Skill Level. Change it to 0 if you want to disable it.

Just call me Nikel
#11 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CorruptedBride
So I'm on day two of my new sims file. I've done nothing but spoke to time machiene guy, cooked a meal and went to bed. The next day I'm
Stood there cooking and it suddenly comes up with the fact that I'm now a celebrity.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does any one know why it happens?

If in the real world, people can become celebrities by appearing on shows such as Jersey Shore, I don't believe it beyond the realms of possibility for sims to become celebs by simply chopping up an autumn salad; at least chopping up the salad displays some degree of skill and intelligence...
Scholar
#12 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 9:30 PM
I'm always having sims becoming celebrities. Sometimes, it's for an understandable reason; they're at the top of their career, they became friends with a celebrity, they're really rich, etc. Other times, I'm just left thinking: "Wait, what!? When and why did you become famous!?"
One Minute Ninja'd
#13 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
I'm always having sims becoming celebrities. Sometimes, it's for an understandable reason; they're at the top of their career, they became friends with a celebrity, they're really rich, etc. Other times, I'm just left thinking: "Wait, what!? When and why did you become famous!?"

I think that every time I'm waiting to check out at the supermarket and reading those magazines you always find there. I mean, come on, you were dated once on The Bachelor 3 seasons ago and you're still a celebrity?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 11:24 PM
I have some of Twallan's mods...but I didn't notice that happening (gaining Celebrity star with skill gain) until I updated my patch. (On that note, I have noticed that since I have the mods my Sims keep LOSING a star, then regaining it. I just use a cheat to restore it.)

I also noticed that the "Chat" interaction is missing with toddlers...even though the toddler knows how to talk. Again, I noticed this after installing the latest patch. I really liked that too!

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:54 AM
turn off that celebrity system and maybe u have an broken mod
i never played that much with celebrity system i hate it
Scholar
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:49 PM
Um, yeah, isn't there an Option in the game to "Disable Celebrity System for Current Household"? Others will become Celebrities, then, I guess, but not your household... I personally had no problem with the Celebrity System...

C-A