Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 4:32 AM
Default WTF... Really? (LTW-related)
Okay, so I've had the issue where my Sims pursuing the Jockey LTW get it way too easily. After just 10000 simoleons, to be precise.

So to see what the deal with that is, I look into the Gameplay.Objects.DreamsAndPromises dll and LO AND BEHOLD, it is in fact set to just 10000 simoleons. Apparently, someone at EA crapped the bed on this one. In-game the LTW clearly states that the Sim must earn 40000 simoleons with their horses. They even made it so that you can't get that money by selling them, only from actually using your horses in competition.

After looking around for more information on it, I've seen a number of people who claim to have this 'glitch.' (I don't think it counts as a glitch when it's actually a part of the game's code.) I've also seen just as many people respond to those folks saying that they have no problem with it whatsoever.

Have any of you Simmers here at MTS encountered this? And if any of you can look into your dlls, what does it say the simoleons-earned minimum must be in your game?

EDIT: For the record, this is what ILSpy shows:
"// Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.DreamsAndPromises.DreamsAndPromisesDelegateFunctions
[Tunable, TunableComment("Lifetime wish jockey: Number of simoleons needed to fulfill this lifetime wish")]
public static int kSimoleonsForJockeyLifetimeWish = 10000;"
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 8:29 AM
Just for the record, since the value is marked "Tunable", the game will use the value defined for it in the corresponding XML in the GameplayData instead (in this case the DreamsAndPromisesDelegateFunctions XML), the value you see in the dll is just what the game fall backs to if it can't find the corresponding value for any reason. Though in this case the value in the XML itself is also set to 10000 by default so yea, EA either forgot to change that or the text for the LTW. Good news is it'll only take an XML tuning mod (or NRaas Retuner) to change that
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Just for the record, since the value is marked "Tunable", the game will use the value defined for it in the corresponding XML in the GameplayData instead (in this case the DreamsAndPromisesDelegateFunctions XML), the value you see in the dll is just what the game fall backs to if it can't find the corresponding value for any reason. Though in this case the value in the XML itself is also set to 10000 by default so yea, EA either forgot to change that or the text for the LTW. Good news is it'll only take an XML tuning mod (or NRaas Retuner) to change that

I feel like they forgot to change the tuning. Because 10,000 simoleons is WAY too easy. Either way, it was a major moment of confusion and disappointment when I saw that.
Alchemist
#4 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 5:51 AM
Nice find. I've always known about the XML tuning being 10,000, but I didn't know it's supposed to be 40,000. I never really paid attention to the LTW details.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 6:07 AM
I gave up on anything horse related when I installed Pets, set up my new household with a horse, and tried to get my sims to train the horse, only to find that the MMO mindset at EA dictated that I, the player, trained the horse and my sims had nothing to do with it. Given how clueless the idiots at EA are about pets in general, I'm not surprised they screwed the pooch on the LTW.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?