Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:04 PM
CC not showing up on game
Heya everybody!

So.... every single download I've made, every custom content, such as mods and clothes (like Disney clothes from Kiara24) are noth showing up in my game.

I've put the package files in the following directory:

C:\Programas\Electronic Arts\Os Sims 3\Mods\Packages

So, what am I doing wrong? :S Why aren't the clothes and the mods working?

Thanks for your help
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:44 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 3.

Game_Help:TS3_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing .package and sims3packs.
Pay particular attention to the bit about installing framework - the resource.cfg.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:20 PM
I've done everything according to that link and still doesn't show up..
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:22 PM
Are you trying to look under custom content using the * symbol in-game? Because it doesn't actually show up there. You need to just look in the general clothing/etc. areas.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:38 PM
Ok, found out...

Firstly I've looked for the custom content with that symbol, as it doesn't appeared, I've looked under normal clothes, Still doesn't appear :S

Now, as I was getting a little bit tired of this, I've tried to create a new game... TA-DA! it appeared! :S can't understand why it doesn't appear on my other saved games but ok...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 4:02 AM
um i'm having the same problem
i read it all
i even created a new game
and NOTHING
i even followed the same path as was posted and nothing

"It's no use analyzing your life the whole time. Those analyses won't help you when you're dead."-- Mike Dirnt
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 4:14 AM
Did you manage to read the FAQ's linked above? it's not just a matter of following the path, you have to have the right resource.cfg file and the correct folders.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 8:34 AM
just posting to say thx even though delphy's didn't work i used the one for the no shoo mod and now my mods are working!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
Did you manage to read the FAQ's linked above? it's not just a matter of following the path, you have to have the right resource.cfg file and the correct folders.

yes i said i read it all. i just can't make any sense out of it. i can't get the monkey thing to work either because i don't know which one to download and people are saying they still have problems with it even on Vista so i'm sooooo confused. i'm totally illiterate on computers when it comes down to files and stuff.

"It's no use analyzing your life the whole time. Those analyses won't help you when you're dead."-- Mike Dirnt
Typical
#10 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:53 PM
Sofudgeaswell: All the infomation you need for using the install helper monkey should be on the thread itself. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 10:10 PM
ok well after almost 2 weeks of trying to figure it all out, i finally got it
like i said, when it comes to installing things i'm technologically illiterate in all aspects.
thanks for all your help!!!

Locked thread | Locked by: callistra Reason: no support for pirated games