Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:44 AM
Default Daycare Sim Kidnaps Baby
Today I decided to test out my first town made by me, nothing too fabulous as it was a learning experience, and so I began manually packing up my sims from the old town to move into my new town. Everything was going along pretty well until I moved in this one particular family. Apparently they kidnapped an NPC daycare baby from the old town. The baby was added to house and everything with no possible way to return the child.

So, yeah, my sims are hard core criminals. Way to start things off in the new 'hood...lol.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:43 AM
Since the baby is NPC, she is here to stay since you will not find her parents to return to.

I assume that that household was running a day care business prior to moving?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:49 AM
lol...but u don't need to go to a new hood.. My sim always kidnapped NPC toddlers, but thy never caught by the local police. So, police have no function there...

Hey there! :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Since the baby is NPC, she is here to stay since you will not find her parents to return to.

I assume that that household was running a day care business prior to moving?

Yep! It was an unexpected daycare side effect...she decided to take a baby like it was a job bonus or something.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:11 PM
Reminds me of something in the news 30 some odd years ago where the family left a toddler with an older lady who babysat while they went on vacation and never came back for him. The kid was in high school at the time of the story, at first she didn't contact the authorities because she didn't want the parents to be in trouble once they came to their senses and then she just kept him because she'd gotten attached.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FrancesWeyr
Reminds me of something in the news 30 some odd years ago where the family left a toddler with an older lady who babysat while they went on vacation and never came back for him.

Believe it or not...I was randomly involved with a case sort of like that when I was a kid. (I was in the wrong place at the wrong time...which just happened to be an elementary school.) Long story short, the babysitter lady with the gun didn't get to keep the baby. She did, however, get some time with the local psychiatric hospital. Meanwhile, I got a really cool letter from the school principal explaining to my parents how I, and my other classmates, might be traumatized for a few years, but that it was okay since nobody got hurt.

I still have my letter. It would totally be in my memory scrapbook if I were a sim.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:59 PM
I arranged for a family last week to "kidnap" the babysitter. Both times she came she beelined straight for the toddler and played with him. It was so unusual (the babysitters usually ignore the kids) that I used Twallan's MC to add her to the family as the mother's younger sister. She's a family oriented kleptomaniac. I guess that means she steals for her kids or something...

I'm going to have to try the daycare profession, it sounds like it would be a lot more challenging than the other careers.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.