Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 12:41 AM
Default Blueprint Mode
Has there been anything concrete about this yet besides that it exists? Friend was asking me whether they're customizable or not (that is, if you can create your own blueprints and even share them), and I couldn't find a definitive answer.

I've been following fairly closely, but I might have missed something!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Has there been anything concrete about this yet besides that it exists? Friend was asking me whether they're customizable or not (that is, if you can create your own blueprints and even share them), and I couldn't find a definitive answer.

It was mentioned in some chat that you cannot make or share them. I found this quite disappointing, as I thought it would be great if you could download rooms made by other players. But hopefully, somebody makes a mod that allows it. It just feels like a waste if the only ones we can use are made by EA.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#3 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 4:33 AM
Yeah, it stinks that we won't be able to get custom blueprints. Who wants to bet the EA ones will be chock full of Store items that cost 70 gajillion simpoints to buy?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 6:43 AM
Ya is another way for ea too make you buy Sim points. Just like they do with Sim social if want it now you got too pay real money.
Instructor
#5 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 7:55 AM
Maybe there's a mod or a cheat allowing us to create custom blueprints? Let's all hope so :D!

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 8:10 PM
That's disappointing I was hoping that you could make custom blueprints, it would make things easier. Also, I strongly doubt there would be a mod for it, unless it was coded into the game as a locked feature, as I know of no mod that adds features that advanced besides unlocking pre-coded ones.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#7 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 1:07 AM
I'm no mod maker, but if the features are there, it may just be a matter of "tweaking" them a bit. If anyone would be able to, I'm hoping Twallan will take a whack at it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 1:49 AM
I have come to the conclusion that the features they don't mention a lot about are the ones to worry over. They're hiding something, I tell ya!

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
I'm no mod maker, but if the features are there, it may just be a matter of "tweaking" them a bit. If anyone would be able to, I'm hoping Twallan will take a whack at it.

We should just hope that the blueprints aren't hardcoded, and don't use data that is impossible to retrieve through built-in functions, otherwise it would be close to impossible.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I have come to the conclusion that the features they don't mention a lot about are the ones to worry over. They're hiding something, I tell ya!

I know, you are so right about this. I am worried about it and with the little demo on the producer's walkthough didn't help with my fears. The blueprint is one of the features that I am most interested in, that and the festival lot markers.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 8:36 PM
I just saw a preview of blueprint mode in the producer walkthrough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJPJ_rWZJM

I paused and looked closely, and unfortunately I see no button on the screen for creating your own blueprint. I guess we'll just have to hope that those are found somewhere else. The best sign on that screen is the dropdown menu shaped like the custom content icon, but it could only show base game, expansion pack and stuff pack content, oh and probably store content, as I'm sure EA would find a way to make money off this.

I do like how easy it looks though, but it would probably require a lot of editing to be more original.
Scholar
#12 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerbu
I just saw a preview of blueprint mode in the producer walkthrough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJPJ_rWZJM

I paused and looked closely, and unfortunately I see no button on the screen for creating your own blueprint. I guess we'll just have to hope that those are found somewhere else. The best sign on that screen is the dropdown menu shaped like the custom content icon, but it could only show base game, expansion pack and stuff pack content, oh and probably store content, as I'm sure EA would find a way to make money off this.

I do like how easy it looks though, but it would probably require a lot of editing to be more original.

I'm pretty sure we can't save them, in a reply to a tweet SGG said: Blueprints won’t be on the exchange – think of them as a pre-fab room that you plop down. We’ll keep providing more over time.

True, but when you're not in the mood for building and want to jump right into the game, they look very handy
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
We’ll keep providing more over time.

Why do I get the feeling that means they're going to sell them in the store?
One Minute Ninja'd
#14 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 9:11 PM
So, the plan now is for us to pay for the types of crappy rooms that are already present in the crappy pre-built homes that EA provides in each world?? I've yet to find an EA home that I didn't have to gut renovate to make it livable (to my standards, at least) for my sims. Now I'm going to pay for an EA house room by room? And then redecorate it? EA has a unique gift for taking slivers linings and turning them into sow's ears. So much for empowering your players.
Scholar
#15 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 9:14 PM
I'm going to wait until they charge me before I pitch a fit. Ever the optimist, I think it's possible they could just include them in new store sets.

Hey! It could happen!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 9:30 PM
Confirmed: It will not be possible to create your own blueprints, even for personal use.
http://simsvip.com/2012/10/18/sims-...ons-twitter-qa/
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 9:37 PM
Personally I thought the Blueprint would be useful for those that don't build, as in my niece. Her houses are usually the size of a whole lot, 40x40 and it don't look good. Her words not mine. Next I have her begging me to build her houses and community lots. Smart in books but have no imagination or creativity. Don't want to talk about her handwriting. SMH

I would prefer to be able to create my own rooms and transfer them in her game to build on her lots, but sadly not the case here. Shouldn't be surprised, EA always take a great idea and execute them poorly. Again, SMH.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#18 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 9:56 PM
Wow so those early reports were true, that's really disappointing. The only thing that could make Blueprint Mode useful now is if new ones get included with Store sets, but that would probably inflate prices.
One Minute Ninja'd
#19 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 11:14 PM
Given that they can't be bothered to include collection files with their store sets, you know the blueprints aren't going to be given away for free.
Scholar
#20 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 12:34 AM
SGG Tweet:

.@SimmingFan3000 I don't want to speculate about the future, I'll just say that the method we use to save blueprints internally is not easy to do, and requires tools that aren't available to the public. RT @SimmingFan3000 @SimGuruGraham I read some information that we cannot save our own blueprints, but could this feature be added in a future patch maybe?
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 3:42 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 19th Oct 2012 at 3:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
So, the plan now is for us to pay for the types of crappy rooms that are already present in the crappy pre-built homes that EA provides in each world?? I've yet to find an EA home that I didn't have to gut renovate to make it livable (to my standards, at least) for my sims. Now I'm going to pay for an EA house room by room? And then redecorate it? EA has a unique gift for taking slivers linings and turning them into sow's ears. So much for empowering your players.

How is EA going to force you to pay for them exactly? :O

It's not something I would spend money on either, but EA OFFERING them for sale (if they do) isn't exactly taking money out of your wallet.

I also have friends who don't like to build who are looking forward to this. As for me, I can see using em to rough out a house, though I would certainly do some pretty thorough redecorating.

Looking at the video, btw, I can see why there's some complexity. For instance, rooms seem to come with windows, doors, and arches... but what window, door, or arch (if any) appears must depend on whether it winds up on an outside or inside wall. You can see that those items are filled in after the walls go up, in the animation. So in other words, blueprints have conditional elements... tricky for players to create.

But not impossible, of course I'm sure our mod tool makers will crack this.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 5:08 AM
I'm sure our mod tool makers will crack this.

Certainly hope you're right.

I'd be more interested in seeing cozy rooms decorated with lots of stuff, created by various CC creators, instead of bland rooms done by EA...

Would love to be able to download various creators' blueprints, rather than entire houses, and then put the rooms together any way I want.
One Minute Ninja'd
#23 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 9:17 AM
How is EA going to force you to pay for them exactly? :O

It's not something I would spend money on either, but EA OFFERING them for sale (if they do) isn't exactly taking money out of your wallet.

I also have friends who don't like to build who are looking forward to this. As for me, I can see using em to rough out a house, though I would certainly do some pretty thorough redecorating.

You're right, they're not taking money out of my pocket. However, when they first announced the feature (granted, in VERY broad terms) it seemed to be a terrific way for builders to create new objects (blueprints) and share them, as well as for folks who weren't into building to be able to easily create a unique home. Now, it turns out to be more of a marketing scheme than a feature. That's the part that bothers me; creating a feature that could have been great for players, and turning it into another way for EA to get their additional paid content into your game.
Instructor
#24 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Or maybe they're just keep on improving their skills? xD
They said they tried making the blueprint mode customizable but that caused bugs.

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Mad Poster
#25 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 2:21 PM
^^ I was thinking of Bonehilda when I wrote that. They mentioned her maybe one or two times, but they didn't dote on her like they did other stuff. I thought that was kind of odd. But then, when Supernatural was finally released, it turned out that she was one-hot-buggy mess. (Very thankful to Twallan, on this. She was completely unplayable for me until he fixed her up.)

Sooo, it currently appears that Blueprint's hidden trait is Marketing Scheme. It could also be buggy, too, but that would make it a very sad Marketing Scheme.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Page 1 of 4