Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 3:30 PM
Default What will you do first with Seasons?
I'm torn between trying out every world that I have with a sim and a Climatron, or hitting the beach (possibly in every world that I have).

What will you do first?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 5:55 PM
I really don't know where to start! I wanna check out CAS and see the outerwear and i wanna see all my worlds under the weather!

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 7:09 PM
I'll probably create a random Sim couple, plop them down in a random world, and then play through each of the seasons. But the absolute first thing I'll do once I'm out of CAS is send them to the beach to swim in the ocean! Finally I'll feel like I actually have a reason to send Sims to the beach!
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 8:07 PM
I'm gonna test out all the trees and see what they look like year round, so I can se how I want to tree my world. Then I'll be back to lot building with the new stuff - I still have like 80 buildings to build before I can play and I want to make all the lots seasonally affected! Then I need to finish making sims and adding outerwear to the ones I've already made. Maybe one day I'll start playing!
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 9:20 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 27th Oct 2012 at 9:36 PM.
This is a tough one... usually I make a new family for an EP, but I think one could experience most of the features of Seasons with existing families. Still, need to make sure the family has enough TIME to go to the festivals and try the new activities, and most of my existing families are already too busy with projects So I will probably start new and make sure everybody has Seasons-compatible careers and LTWs... skill careers and skill-related LTWs probably, so their time is flexible. And a multigenerational family... couple kids, parents, at least one grandparent and a pet.

Need to attract an alien of course, so will need one logic-based sim who can spend most of their time doing whatever it takes to interest one! Will probably assign that to a teen

The real question is, what WORLD to start in! I am leaning towards Appaloosa Plains. Doesn't have an ocean beach but there's the river to swim in, and I think it's going to be really pretty. And I haven't played there since SPN came out, so it will be interesting to see how that town reacts.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 10:13 PM
I have two existing families in two different worlds that I want to experience seasons with. But first I will probably plop just one sim in a world (i'm not sure which yet) just to see all the features and to test how my computer handles the new weather features.
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The real question is, what WORLD to start in! I am leaning towards Appaloosa Plains. Doesn't have an ocean beach but there's the river to swim in, and I think it's going to be really pretty. And I haven't played there since SPN came out, so it will be interesting to see how that town reacts.

I think Twinbrook will play real well with weather. You have the beach, the moody swamp, which should get moodier with rain, and you get to see how drivers in the South handle snow the first time they see it.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 10:17 PM
I will claim whatever content we get for the limited edition (which I always fear will expire), then I will put it in a drawer and try to resist installing it until I buy a more powerful machine to play it on.
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 10:26 PM
Install it Haha

No probably make my family again, and just edit the clothes and such since i have the sims saved : > remake a family home and such, ready for the seasons Very excited for it!!!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 10:47 PM
Install it in my neice's computer and get her squared away, watch her play around with the features. All the while, I will be resisting installing until Twallan, Blue, and TFM update their mods, but I will see my self failing the wait. So I am sure I will open a copy of my edited Sunlit Tides to play vanilla, and have my Sims swim all day. Oh yeah, and rollerskate.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 5:56 PM
Yeah, I need my mods updated, but I'm not even going to lie. I can not wait. I'll move all my saves to a safe location and swim in the ocean, dive off the diving board vanilla!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 6:03 PM
Swim On The Ocean
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 6:51 PM
I'll probably try reinstalling pets because I think seasons in Appaloosa Plains will look stunning. I'll make a single sim, as I always do, probably send them for a swim in the sea, and then check out the festival lot.
dodgy builder
#14 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 8:21 PM
I have to get to know this game again. I've been building so much. Hardly know what's going on anymore. We'll see how long it lasts though.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 9:10 PM
Make a clean install of the whole game, since I borked it with SN. And hope the graphic glitches were caused by the installation and not the computer finally giving in. Likely it's the first, but I'm still a bit scared, even tho my old man handled TS3 awesomely.
Then I will add the by then hopefully updated mods and update mine. Then check out CAS and maybe create the founder of my next, hopefully lengthy play session. Maybe test some features, but probably not, I like to discover everything while I play. Then comes the big project of updating Barnacle Bay, creating and adding EP lots, changing some residential lots and decreasing the amount of celebrities. Then building a house or two (starter and not-so-starter) for the sim I intend to play. And finally play!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 2:49 AM
ohh, i was thinking about how rain would be so perfect in twinbrook. it definitely looks like a rainy place. and how amazing the snow will look in bridgeport. i'm gonna have to go through every neighborhood and play with weather to see how pretty it is. i'm a little on the edge about my computer's performance and how it's gonna handle weather, but i'm sure there will be graphics options to turn things down or something similar.
Scholar
#17 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 3:40 AM
I'm just going to remove all my mods until they're updated. Then I'll create a family or single Sim and move them in somewhere, not sure where though. I'll customize the festival centers and decorate my Sims' house for each season. Then I'll have them swim in the ocean, and then a lake or pond. Only 16 more days

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 4:14 AM
Pitch woo at the box art...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 5:12 AM
I will wait five days for bug reports to surface before actually starting to play. Bon voyage's npc bloat and Supernatural's zombie spawn bug are some of EA's finest examples.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 6:13 AM
After I've update my mods and there is a new awesome. I'm going to set all seasons in my main hood to autumn.

Next month is a bit hectic in RL, so I'm not even sure I have time to play, but if I do, I'll probably play my witch sim in my main hood. In December I'll probably start playing round 14 in my hood. Which will be fall. I'll manually change the season at the beginning of each round so the world is more in sync.

If I play the other two hoods I have, which I don't play with rotation, just play one household, then I'll set seasons to 7 days and let them rotate naturally.
Instructor
#21 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 6:14 AM
When a new EP comes out, I usually end up deleting all my existing games and start fresh.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
In December I'll probably start playing round 14 in my hood. Which will be fall. I'll manually change the season at the beginning of each round so the world is more in sync.

If I play the other two hoods I have, which I don't play with rotation, just play one household, then I'll set seasons to 7 days and let them rotate naturally.

I think I'll be doing this as well - if the season maximum length is in the xml code I'll make a mod to extend it, otherwise Sunset Valley will go through autumn 2 or 3 times until I've played everyone I want to and then move on to winter.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 3:27 PM
Do whatever I can to get my mad scientist abducted. Screw the weather, I want green babies! :P

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Alchemist
#24 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 3:58 PM
Slow dancing! I just wish that it is not restricted to that Spring Festival.
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Slow dancing! I just wish that it is not restricted to that Spring Festival.

From the main Seasons thread

Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
This was probably a stupid question, but I got an answer... I wanted to know if Seasons comes with slow dancing dance floors. The answer no, Sims can slow dance anywhere. The dance floor that does come with seasons is for the king and queen of the spring festival competition.
Page 1 of 3