Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 2:01 AM
Default Preping for the Seasons
Just wondering how everyone is prepping their games for Seasons. I'm on the verge of installing everything so when Seasons comes out I can get it up and running. So my prep will consist of re-installing the games and DLing a new world (just not sure which one!) and getting that one lotted up and ready to play. DLing some CC content, mostly going to focus on lots and other other minor things (careers and NRass' files) and hold off on some clothes CC until after Seasons. That was one of my biggest problems with TS2 Seasons, previous clothes needing to be upgraded to take advantage of Seasons.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 2:50 AM
I'm not prepping anything whatsoever for Seasons. I will simply install it like any other EP, no biggie.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 4:45 AM
I made a family last week and off and on have been leveling their skills so when seasons comes out they have nothing else to do but enjoy the weather. I also have a set of each age group, just so I can see the variety. I am so excited.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 9:29 AM
nothing besides updating my mods, and kind of increasing some sims cooking skill.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 11:37 AM
I'm going to look up all of the mod-updates, download them and put them in a folder. I haven't patched yet, it wasn't neccessary and now at least all mods are updated :-)
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 10:24 PM
I'm just going to install it and update my mods.
Alchemist
#7 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 10:27 PM
Buying a new computer so that it runs 100% perfectly.
Scholar
#8 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 10:35 PM
Yeah, I took it as an opportunity to update most of my EA worlds. Made sure everything had bars/venues/equestrian centers. Built combo pet store/consignment/alchemy shops. Switched out single purpose rabbitholes for combo rabbitholes to reclaim more space. Rebuilt or remodeled gyms to use showtime pull up bar and PC content. Built or upgraded boardwalks where they would work. Tried to avoid changing the lot I thought would be used for the festival lot (official information came out way after I had begun the updates). Added the Arboretum, Hall of Knowledge and Traveler wagon to assorted worlds. And lastly, made sure to leave room to build indoor roller rinks and sports parks (golf, soccer, basketball and gnubb).

I may be too exhausted to play with Seasons.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 10:54 PM
Arboretum, Hall of Knowledge and Traveler Wagon? What are all of those from? I don't recall any of those 3 items, tell me more?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tilarium
Arboretum, Hall of Knowledge and Traveler Wagon? What are all of those from? I don't recall any of those 3 items, tell me more?

They came with Supernatural/Moonlight Falls.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 11:18 PM
Scholar
#12 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tilarium

The Arboretum is almost a gateway (rabbithole style) into the fairy realm also with gardening competitions, the Hall of knowledge (might actually be called the vault of antiquity (-- yeah, I used to have a memory, I remember it)) is pretty much what it says, very crypt-ish; and the Traveler Wagon is the rabbithole that the fortune teller career operates out of. All three are smallish rabbitholes that can pretty easily be added to existing lots.
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 2:39 AM
I've updated my mods (mostly Twallan's - he was so quick!), patched to 1.42 and now I'm just waiting to see how much of my CC clothes need to be updated.
Inventor
#14 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 9:50 PM
I updated my mods, added StoryProgression, patched, and cut off my Apocalypse Challenge. Oh, and I preordered the expansion.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 11:21 PM Last edited by Ibce : 8th Nov 2012 at 11:32 PM.
Already wrote something like that in a different thread, but I sometimes like to repeat myself. Sorry to whoever is stuck with reading this twice :p
I'll make a clean reinstall of the game, since I possibly botched the SN install.
Going to create/update some mods (I should already be doing that, but I have a case of laziness going on atm) and download the updated ones (tho, will wait out till after SNS is released, mb it will bork something and they'll release a new patch right after release). The task of updating is a repetitive one and I get horribly bored of it, so I'll wait out.
Then I'll update Barnacle Bay, much like Periandre does. I already checked and the gypsy wagon goes good into the err.. cliff lot between two cemetaries, close to Rose Rome's house. Arboretrum will go into err.. either Lookout somethingsomething or Grace's somethingsomething, I don't remember the name. I too plan to build a consignment/alchemy shop combo, tho, I think I'll leave the pet shop as a separate thing. Build LN and SHT venues, some of those combined. Make a new gym for SHT pullup bar and the PC content. Generally intergate PC content into BB. Get rid of the ridiculous amount of celebs. Maybe makeover some homes. Love the landscape and layout, townies too, but so much work still needed..
Then create pwetty sim lady. Right now the idea is to create a thoughtful scientist, a rather positive figure. Have her be a loner, friendly/reasonably social, but never (hopefully never, I often go by sim wishes) wishing for a partner. Create a clone of her, have her raise it, but make it develop different interests (haven't played with an athletic sim for a long long while, really looking forward to it - so many additions were made with the various EPs.). Make the clone marry Mia Rao's child (which, hopefully will be a girl otherwise I'll need to resort to plan B, which I'm yet to develop) and enjoy playing a couple for a while, then getting a kid from those two and... haven't planned that long, rofl. I play generational style, hope I'll manage to more generations than I ever did before.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 12:59 AM
I'm torn between trying out all the new features and festivals with my witchy Lilith Pleasant, her faerie husband Puck, and their children Azreal, Renzel, Robyn, Lorelei and Sirenia, plus Angela Pleasant's teenage vampire daughter Brittany. This way I can test out all the various options like making snowmen and Gifting Parties and Spooky Day. Preparing for this option isn't too hard, although I might want to get them all aged up so Lorelei and Sirenia are children instead of babies.

On the other, I really want to explore the aliens, and while I eventually plan to get Robyn alien impregnated, that household is really full. So my alternative is the mad scientist Hojo. When he isn't experimenting on sexy men in blue suits, I'll be able to have him explore the neighbourhood for space rocks and future specimens amongst the population. This way, I can realistically force him to go to the various festivals, pretending he's looking for people to experiment on. I can also get him to make friends with aliens, planning for the moment he invites them to move in, then locks them away in his secret underground laboratory. Plus, getting abducted, and giving birth to a half-alien for him to experiment on is a very Hojo-like thing to do. There's more preparation involved for this one though, and I'll miss out on a lot of features at first. If anyone can figure out how to get Hojo making snowmen and throwing parties for all his friends without falling over in laughter at the image, I'd be glad to hear your suggestions.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#17 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 2:09 AM
I made a space for plantable Pumpkins. That is all.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 8:07 PM
I just realized while in CAS that all the custom clothing in my game was only suitable for warm weather. I didn't have any sweaters or anything just lots of tank tops, shorts, t-shirts, etc. So now I've been scrambling to find clothes that would look appropriate for Fall/Winter. I'm not downloading any outerwear just yet, since I'm sure it will need to be updated to actually show up in the outerwear category, and I have no clue how to do that myself.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 8:19 PM
Change of plans, I've been preparing a different family. Right now, it consists of Sephiroth, his three sons Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz, and his three brothers Kuja, Xenohart, and Xemnas. So far I'm just skilling them up and settling them into different jobs, so when Seasons arrives I don't have to worry about skilling them for promotion, or having little money. I'm also trying to get Sephiroth up to 40,000 points to get the Collection Helper, so Xemnas can find lots of space rocks. >:D

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Instructor
#20 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 8:38 PM
I'm just going to install it normally and update my mods no biggie.
Theorist
#21 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 8:41 PM
I've left the empty lot in my Storybrook County near the suburban park open to be dedicated to festivals. I also left one of the big empty farm lots to be a pumpkin patch for fall. I put some music from Ryan Farish in the custom music folder since some of his music goes really well with Seasons. I also dug through my SavedSims vault to have my SSX characters ready to shred the halfpipe. Just have to hope Psymon won't literally shred the halfpipe.
Instructor
#22 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 9:35 PM
I've decided to try Bridgeport again for this EP, so I am getting the neighborhood ready, putting in rabbitholes, etc.
One Minute Ninja'd
#23 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 11:54 PM
One the one hand, I kind of like that EA has been releasing the patches for the latest EPs a bit before the EP itself. I think it helps give the modders a chance to get a jump on things, and hopefully, allow for most of the "must have"mods to be good to go when the EP is finally available. On the other hand, with something as complex as the weather systems (granted, complex is relative, but it's complex for me) I'm not sure if some mods or content won't need a second go around. Which means I need to get this thing in the morning, then sit on this site and wait for either the acclaims of how great everything is working, or the moans of "all my outdoor furniture is ruined". I'm really pulling for version 1, but with long experience, I'm dreading a version 1.2 scenario.
Eminence Grise
#24 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I need to get this thing in the morning, then sit on this site and wait for either the acclaims of how great everything is working, or the moans of "all my outdoor furniture is ruined". I'm really pulling for version 1, but with long experience, I'm dreading a version 1.2 scenario.

I just play completely CCless with a new save/family for my first go-round with a new patch or EP. Gives me a chance to try stuff out. Then if the household I'm playing is really interesting, I'll stay with it when I put the mods in... or if not, start fresh with a better understanding of how I want to play the new content
One Minute Ninja'd
#25 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I just play completely CCless with a new save/family for my first go-round with a new patch or EP. Gives me a chance to try stuff out. Then if the household I'm playing is really interesting, I'll stay with it when I put the mods in... or if not, start fresh with a better understanding of how I want to play the new content

I would do that if I remembered how to play without stuff like MasterController.

It always works out that I have a decent legacy going right around a new EP release, and I'm forced to choose. I think my short attention span must work against me, because once I leave the legacy to play a "trial" game, I kind of lose interest in going back to it.