Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 12:57 PM
Default Help-To update or not...that is the question
Yes, I need advise from you sage folks. I have not updated my game for about a year because when I have in the past...well you know. Error this, DEP crash that, etc. The last time I did was when I bought Pets.
Katy Perry makes me puke green; Showtime--'Yawn" and I don't enjoy the idea of Zombies creeping around my neighborhood. Well, I bit the bullet and yesterday I pre-ordered 'Seasons'. :lovestruc
So now the question, do I update BEFORE I install Seasons or does installing it come with the latest update? I remember that I must take all my Mods out first, but what else should I do to avoid a mess? I know, I could probably look it up, but I am lazy (it's my one day free from work & stress). Please help an almost elder (RL)who is really looking forward to winter (in the Sims) and aliens abducting Bella for real!! :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 1:28 PM
Seasons will probably contain the 1.42 patch. So you could wait for that or you could already patch to 1.42. But don't forget to update certain mods you use too, especially scripting mods. You can mess up things if you don't update the mods also.
Also, after patching i would clean the cachefiles. And backup your saves.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 4:32 PM
Thanks! I delete the cache files every time I play. I was planning to update my NRas files too. I hope it works and I have no problems.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 4:37 PM
I would advise anyone to update to 1.42 before installing the Seasons EP. There is no proof that the Seasons disc has the patch 1.42 on it. It may have some patch number which has never been released, like 1.40 or 1.41; and the 1.42 we are on now was completed afterwards.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I would advise anyone to update to 1.42 before installing the Seasons EP. There is no proof that the Seasons disc has the patch 1.42 on it. It may have some patch number which has never been released, like 1.40 or 1.41; and the 1.42 we are on now was completed afterwards.

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know.