Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:33 AM
Default Any confirmed male pregnancies yet?
I've only seen one alien so far and NO ABDUCTIONS. Has anybody had any abductions where their sim came back pregnant yet? Does it actually happen or will a patch be coming?
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:31 AM
I don't have the game yet myself, but I've seen plenty of male alien butt babies on facebook. it's quite funny
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:32 AM Last edited by Arithmancer : 15th Nov 2012 at 9:23 AM.
Yes!! I managed it. My male sim (living alone and pretty much created for this purpose) got pregnant on his second abduction, and gave birth to a baby alien boy maybe 15 minutes ago real time.

I definitely recommend collecting space rocks and analyzing them as more effective at producing abductions than using the telescope, though both of my abductions occurred when the dude sim had collected and analyzed the space rock during the day and then was using the telescope after midnight the following night (generally in the 1-3 AM range both times, though my sample is too small to say for sure). Both abductions started while he was using the telescope.

Honestly, the hardest part was figuring out where space rocks spawn in Barnacle Bay (town I was using). That took me nearly two weeks in game. Then it was just waiting for the space rock to re-spawn in between attempts, pretty much.

I took a ton of screen caps. Here's a teaser:

(More pictures on the main alien discussion thread.)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:38 AM
A male sim of mine got abducted after only a few hours of playing the game... alas, he was a teenager! He hadn't done anything that should raise his chances of abduction so it does show that it can happen randomly.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
A male sim of mine got abducted after only a few hours of playing the game... alas, he was a teenager! He hadn't done anything that should raise his chances of abduction so it does show that it can happen randomly.

Ditto mine. Abducted three nights in a row while he was puttering around the house (inside) -- playing his guitar, fixing the sink, reading a book.

My game crashed while he was pregnant the first time. The second instance I've just learned of his pregnancy, and saved the game so I wouldn't lose the pregnancy this time...
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:32 PM
I spent hours trying to get my male sim abducted. Finally the aliens showed up while he was looking through the telescope. My feelings of elation of an alien baby dimmed as the aliens instead abducted the elderly mother in law who was outside gardening.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 9:36 PM
So you can't control who gets abducted? I have no plans to have Alien babies so there's nothing I can do if my Sims happen to get abducted? That sucks.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freelance Wolf
So you can't control who gets abducted? I have no plans to have Alien babies so there's nothing I can do if my Sims happen to get abducted? That sucks.

I guess you could download a mod that lets you terminate pregnancies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 12:33 AM
So far no abductions for me at all and I've had my guy collecting rocks and analyzing them and on the telescope and still NOTHING! I hope a mod comes out to increase chances or something.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 2:01 AM
If the space rocks are in your sim's inventory, try placing them in the yard instead and see if it makes any difference.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/