Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 1:07 AM
Default It rains...A LOT!
So at first when it rained in my game I was so ecstatic. After years of playing without any precipiation, it was so very refreshing to see some rain. Now I'm just starting to get sick of it because it seems to rain most days.

Even outside of spring it rains a lot. Anyone else kind of annoyed with all the rain? I know I could simply turn it off in the options menu but I do want some rain, just not all the time
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 2:06 AM
Try this from Bluegenjutsu A Lot Less Rain . You need to register, but it's free, and there are several other great modders on that site who can return sanity to your game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Try this from Bluegenjutsu A Lot Less Rain . You need to register, but it's free, and there are several other great modders on that site who can return sanity to your game.

I get an error when I click on that link. But I can dig around a bit and hopefully find this. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 4:13 PM
Huh, I never really noticed the amount of rainfall I was getting, rained nearly all of Spring and Summer. Though I do live in the U.K and well, that's pretty much average anyway...
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kateishness
Huh, I never really noticed the amount of rainfall I was getting, rained nearly all of Spring and Summer. Though I do live in the U.K and well, that's pretty much average anyway...

haha me too, i guess all these americans have summers with sun and clear skies! lol

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 7:23 PM
It rains nearly every day. I just have them do their thing anyway.. I had one sim out about all day in the rain playing for tips.
I quit buying umbrellas because even unbreakable upgrades don't work well. They also open them when they move and when
idle put them in their butt.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fullsheet
It rains nearly every day. I just have them do their thing anyway.. I had one sim out about all day in the rain playing for tips.
I quit buying umbrellas because even unbreakable upgrades don't work well. They also open them when they move and when
idle put them in their butt.

I know, the umbrellas are useless - my Sims still get soaked. I live in a dry climate (too dry in the last year) and I'm not used to all this rain. (I used to live in the UK - I miss it, but not the weather...).
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 4:48 PM Last edited by Mera Benzema : 27th Jan 2013 at 6:19 AM.
I'd highly recommend using tempest from Nraas Industries, it lets you fully customize things related to weather and holidays: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tempest
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 11:01 AM
Totally agree it rains too much. Reminds me too much of home I live in Scotland
Alchemist
#10 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
haha me too, i guess all these americans have summers with sun and clear skies! lol

We really do
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 8:57 PM

Rain year-round is so normal to me that I think that the people wanting less rain are the odd ones . . . that being said, I would totally love an expanded weather toggle saying what types of rain are allowed in which season.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie

Down here in Louisiana it rains for about 3 days straight, then sunny for a while depending on the time of year lol

A few weeks ago, it rained for a whole week straight, then we had the sun and heat for about 2 weeks, and now it's raining today
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 11:11 AM

Hah-hah, so true. I lived in the UK and remember 1,5 month of nearly constant rain. I like only winter in the UK, so warm and no snow.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 7:20 PM
I used Twallan's Tempest to change the frequency, I hate when it rains ingame. It almost never rains in this part of Texas and I like it that way.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 1:58 AM
I like having some rain, but what's really annoying is when I plan to have, say, a pool party or an outdoor wedding, and it gets rained out. It's not like I can cancel :P.
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 9:04 PM
There is an option. go in game option and discarte rain, or snow, or what you want, and the forecaste will change few minutes after in your game. That way you can control the weather, I live in Montréal, Canada and we get sun,rain, snow, warm and cold, sometimes in 24 hours, change of 20 degrees in one day. But cursers for weather will be a good addition.
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 1:26 PM
I'm from the Pacific Northwest and when I was growing up, we just went about daily life regardless of the rain. What kind of gets me is that the "holidays", ie Leisure Day, Love Day, Spooky Day, etc. it always seems to rain the entire day and unless you have the Riverview indoor Festival Grounds, your sim has to get soaked to go to the Festival.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 7:07 AM
i'm from the north west as well and it rains a damn lot lol