Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 3:03 PM
Default anyone have this problem?
I'm trying to add a second story to my sims house and everytime I do, I can't save. It just crashes to desktop. It's ONLY when i try to save after I build that it crashes. I can save right before I start biulding, but not after. I even tried waiting a few sim days after the build and it still crashed.
Anyone having the same problem or know a work around?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 4:19 PM
Yeah, that's a known error. The only workaround seems to be saving the house to the bin, moving the family out in edit town, then moving them back in after you've replaced the house with the bin version. It's possible just moving them out and in will work but i havent tried. You lose your wishes but you can save.

Supposedly it has something to do with a change of seasons but I really don't know what triggers it. It's unbelievable theres no patch for it yet though.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 5:04 PM
How was the weather when you started? There have been reports somewhere in this section that it may be a problem with rain/snow accumulation on the roof. Something like that. I have to find the thread.

Found it: http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=492439

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 6:14 PM
thanks for the replies and for the link. i tried moving family to the clipboard, editing the house in edit mode, and moving them back in. but when i tried to play them, all sim icons were gone and they all got into a car and left, never to be seen again (lol).
i finally got it to work, though - doing similar things to the thread linked. Moved family to bin, edited a different house to have two stories, moved family in, and all appears to be working - it saved anyway which is great.

Annie