Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 1:36 PM
Default Sims not going home after graduating?
Hey everyone, don't know if this is just me so thought I'd ask.

I got my sim to move her boyfriend in between semesters, and they went back to university together. Everything worked fine, then he graduated and they both got in the car to go home... and got out again. And just stood there for a whole sim day. She couldn't talk to him or do anything to him either, and he couldn't interact with anything, so I figured he was glitched and resetSim. He vanished. I restarted the game and it's unplayable now.

I'm going to try the backup file, and if worst comes to worst I'll just cry a little and move on, but I'd really prefer it didn't happen again! Anyone else had it happen?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 11:06 PM
It's common. Many have this issue. It's not mod related but I don't know what the cause of it is (yet)
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 8:52 PM
I have this problem too they are just walking around, can't use their cellphone and as soon as I press "go home" by their avatar they just go to a random spot, not even the same one xD..
Been like this for a sim day now, will try to play a bit longer and see if it's just a glitch and they'll go home soon..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 9:36 PM
my sim wouldn't go home with everyone else when her semester was over, but i clicked on the phone and chose 'drop out' and she went home. it didn't say she dropped out though. it said she finished.
Instructor
#5 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 8:21 PM
I am having a similar issue- my witch was being reset everytime she went to class, so I dropped her out of school- she went home without a problem. The other 2 however, they finished Uni (so says the game- it says it's completed and will have to sign up for the next semester when they get home. But they never went home- 3 days pass and they still are at the campus. I clicked drop out and they get the que to leave, but then they "return home" which is the college house they rented. I tried edit town to see if I could switch households and go to the house they live in in the main town, but that house is not selectable at all. It doesn't even give me a mouse over when I try to look at it via edit town. I guess I will just have to do something else until someone figures out what went wrong. I don't want to lose my alien sim.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 9:13 PM
I had a similar incident, but it fixed itself. My sims went to get into the car once they graduated....they got out again and just stood there. After almost a full sim day, the game finally just started loading the town. Odd part was, only one of my sims returned with a diploma and a moodlet for graduating. The other was missing both things.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 8:14 PM
I had the same problem. After trial and error this works for me:
When you are ready to leave go into city view mode.
Then tap the "3" on the number pad to speed it up. (I find that fast forwarding pushes it through)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 8:47 PM
Same thing happened to me to. I saved my game just before graduation
and every time my sim wouldn't graduate or leave the campus. I'd reload again. I know its pretty annoying but it worked for me. Hopefully the next patch is coming soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 11:29 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the input.

The backup file worked luckily, so I salvaged the game. It worked fine the second time I sent them home. I'll just have to remember to save before graduation just in case lol.
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 4:53 PM
Has anyone figured anything else out for this?? As soon as the graduation ceremony starts my sim becomes completely unselectable and then never leaves campus. I've tried reloading just before graduation like 6 times now and it's always the same result

Edit: I have also tried "dropping out" before the ceremony but she just drops the action and becomes unselectable that way too. Is my game totally un salvageable?