Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 3:54 AM
Default For those who ARE getting ITF, which world are you starting in?
Just trying to make up my mind on this... want something not so strongly flavored that it will clash with ITF, but not dull as dishwater either (yes, I am tired of Sunset Valley). Twinbrook, maybe. Then again, the more modern look of Bridgeport might be well suited to the futuristic stuff my sims will come back with. Or a nice custom world with urban features, like maybe Setra. What are other people's plans?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 4:05 AM
Bridgeport and Lunar Lakes...
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 4:07 AM
Hah, I thought about lunar lakes but it just seems too weird, since it's like ALREADY the future there. Redoing the world with ITF features would be fun though.

Leaning towards Bridgeport
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 9:31 AM Last edited by babele44 : 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:52 AM.
Maybe Lucky Palms? While Lucky Palms suggests that there was an incident in the past that lead to the deserted town on the other side of the road, ITF could be used to play the story that the same mistakes are made again and destroy the future world, too. Or you could pretend that the time travellers also exist in reverse and the dried out lake is the result of these future people coming to LP's past and being the cause of the present state of that deserted area. This would make their appearance there acceptable.
Isla Paradiso might be nice, too, as it already has this mixture of traditional and ultra-modern archtitecture that looks more like taken directly from Lunar Lakes. At least in my games Isla Paradiso is the only neighbourhood to date where I have placed resident aliens and WhatsHisName Voohon does have a blast there and regularly provides his husband Matteo Torres with another half alien baby, as he found woohoo to be more enjoyable than probing
Space Pony
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 9:42 AM
Evansdale County Expanded... no other SIMs World could ever be better :D
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 9:57 AM
I'd prolly use Lunar Lakes or Dragon Valley

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 11:59 AM
Where it all started, Sunset Valley.
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 12:22 PM
I was thinking Moonlight Falls for the culture shock. But I'll probably end up in Lunar Lakes because I'm itching to finally make something of that world. The time travel aspects are not a biggie for me.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 1:02 PM
I'll be using my little old piece of crap, flat town with one intersection that I use for building.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 2:29 PM
Maybe hidden springs.. just to see how badly one can screw up a resort type of town....

I hate it when the voices in my head talk about me as though I were not there...
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 2:53 PM
Well, since Marty McFly lived in Hill Valley, and Sunset Valley looks an awful lot like Hill Valley...

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Scholar
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Hah, I thought about lunar lakes but it just seems too weird, since it's like ALREADY the future there. Redoing the world with ITF features would be fun though.

Leaning towards Bridgeport

well i dont wanna confuse my sims....maybe i will just pick bridgeport too...lmao
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 9:23 PM
Sunset Valley because it looks like the same map.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 9:56 PM
i haven't really decided. i have two games right now, one in sunset valley and the other one is in dragon valley. something tells me i'm not going to be using the future world very much, because i tend to ignore parts of expansions if they don't interest me.
Alchemist
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:59 PM
Well, since I'm currently playing in Isla Paradiso, so I quess that will also be the starting point. Hmm, I wonder if should I reconsider that...
Inventor
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 11:12 PM
Dragon Valley.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 11:24 PM
Probably Lucky Palms. It's my favorite world to play so unless I have a specific story to set up it's usually the world I end up picking.
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:20 AM
Don't see why it matters, the town is the same regardless. I did IP just because it was nice to have quick-loading, stable world to visit to seek refuge from that laggy mess that is IP (I finally got mad and leveled every house boat aside from my own, and modded every NPC to be hydrophobic. The lag almost completely cleared up.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 10:37 AM
I meant to start with Twinbrook, since it's still my favourite world for some reason, but started in Riverview by accident and was too lazy to start again.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZanathKariashi
Don't see why it matters, the town is the same regardless. I did IP just because it was nice to have quick-loading, stable world to visit to seek refuge from that laggy mess that is IP (I finally got mad and leveled every house boat aside from my own, and modded every NPC to be hydrophobic. The lag almost completely cleared up.

Some of the features of ITF can only be accessed by returning to your home town and going back again, like legacy statues, alternate futures, cheating on the lottery, and messing around with your descendants
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 6:03 AM
If you have ambitions I wouldn't pick Bridgeport... (Can't make simbots there. Although they aren't really useful you might want to make a hybrid plumbot/simbot. It makes them look human.) I picked Isla Paradiso. Either that or lucky palms. or Maybe even Lunar lakes or whatever the town is that comes with showtime. (forgot the name, too lazy to look.)
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 6:54 PM
bridgeport or sunlit tides!
I thought it was kinda cool to have a futuristic big city :3
Scholar
#23 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 6:59 PM
Lunar Lakes.Now looking for options to adapt future features to this world.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 6:42 PM
Apolosa, when I was looking around this world I saw a beach that looked a lot like the one in Oasis Landing and then there is that rise where the dam might as well be
Page 1 of 2