Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 9:34 AM Last edited by SimGuruBob : 24th Oct 2013 at 10:51 PM.
Finding descendants in Oasis?
so guys anyone of you buy the latest expansion pack?? "ts3 into the future" i bought the game and install it right and no problems and then make my sim and go to the future then when my sim arrive in oasis landing the first thing that I do is to find my descendants... but no clue/sign, I look for them in the whole places..... how will you find them?? please anyone help!??
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 9:45 AM
Surely you can ask your colleagues Graham or Ryan for help? Or Lisa, she's still interested in TS3.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 9:47 AM
As this does sound like a gameplay question (unless there's something wrong with your game - I've not played ITTF so I don't know how it's supposed to work), I've just edited your thread title so people who might know will be more tempted to click on your thread, and it can stay here until such time as it's determined that your game is broken, in which case someone can just move it to Help.

ETA: I am derpy and didn't realize we don't have an ITTF subforum. Off to fix that and then move this into there.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 10:01 AM
You need to check the time almanac, one of the tabs tells you if you have any descendants.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
You need to check the time almanac, one of the tabs tells you if you have any descendants.

thx for the response guys.. much appreciated.... i checked the almanac and what did I see is my sims avatar only, it means I make my sim have a family first before having descendants?? isn't it? btw thanks for your help
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Surely you can ask your colleagues Graham or Ryan for help? Or Lisa, she's still interested in TS3.

lol it's just a name and I'm not a member of all sims studio staff :P
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 2:03 PM
It depends on the traits of your sim, if he is not familyfriendly and have commitment issue you will not have descendants in the future. There are other things too where you can get problems in the future to have descendants.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DHNightshadow
It depends on the traits of your sim, if he is not familyfriendly and have commitment issue you will not have descendants in the future. There are other things too where you can get problems in the future to have descendants.

Thx for the help now I know

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 3:58 AM Last edited by Margaret Pendragon : 25th Oct 2013 at 4:09 AM.
Your sim doesn't have to have a family first before descendents appear in Oasis Landing. 3 of my single sims had multiple descendents. Once in Oasis Landing, zoom out to map view, and there'll be a special map tag for the descendents.
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 3:59 AM
Must have kids in present day before you can have descendants. I found that the descendants often look nothing like your original sim . My sim had medium skin and black hair and his descendants were very pale with blond hair. Their traits and etc were nothing similar to my sim either.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 6:57 AM
My Sim couple are married but don't have kids yet in the present day. They do have descendants in the future world though.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kane1
I found that the descendants often look nothing like your original sim . My sim had medium skin and black hair and his descendants were very pale with blond hair.

Under EA Standard, if you travel without first being married, the game is written to generate your first level descendant as a clone of your sim. If you are married, the first-level descendant is the genetic offspring of you and your spouse.

The first-level descendant then has a chance to be coupled with a EA Standard sim (whose sliders are by default all set to "0"), and then any number of offspring are generated from those two sims.

There is also a chance of a single-parent household, which unfortunately generates a clone offspring of the first-level descendant.

As one might expect, whomever designed this process was not really thinking things through.

Note this is under EA Standard. [Traveler]'s version of this process is substantially different.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 12:49 AM
Ah, that explains why I hadn't seen the pudding effect that others have mentioned. The descendents looked like my sims. Only they were hugely fat. lol.
Instructor
#14 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Under EA Standard, if you travel without first being married, the game is written to generate your first level descendant as a clone of your sim. If you are married, the first-level descendant is the genetic offspring of you and your spouse.

The first-level descendant then has a chance to be coupled with a EA Standard sim (whose sliders are by default all set to "0"), and then any number of offspring are generated from those two sims.

There is also a chance of a single-parent household, which unfortunately generates a clone offspring of the first-level descendant.

As one might expect, whomever designed this process was not really thinking things through.

Note this is under EA Standard. [Traveler]'s version of this process is substantially different.

So how does Traveler handles this exactly? I couldn't find any info about this on your wiki page.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
So how does Traveler handles this exactly? I couldn't find any info about this on your wiki page.

Here ya go: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ#Descendants

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Instructor
#16 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 6:25 PM
Here ya go: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ#Descendants

Thank you! I swear I looked at the FAQ page but somehow I still managed to miss it.

Quote:
Note if the family is a single-parent household, the partner is used for their genetics and then chucked out of town.

Does this mean that Traveller will delete the sim permanently from the homeworld? I'm sorry for all the stupid questions.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 6:54 PM
I swear I looked at the FAQ page but somehow I still managed to miss it.

It did not exist there until you asked.

Does this mean that Traveller will delete the sim permanently from the homeworld? I'm sorry for all the stupid questions.

Yes. They will be retained for the family tree, but in the case of single-family households the other parent will no longer be available.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 8:13 PM
I have a new couple I am playing on a new save and the descendants look a bit like my sim couple but some are chunky and blond haired, that was a surprise. None took the skin tone of the husband which is quite dark, they are all pale skinned although the wife is middle toned. Anyway, if my sims become toned and live in good shape, will my sim's descendants pick this up?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Anyway, if my sims become toned and live in good shape, will my sim's descendants pick this up?

I do not believe EA Standard includes that in descendant inheritance.

That can be changed though, good idea.

Field Researcher
#20 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 9:04 PM
I think It does'nt depend on traits or having a wife, husband, sons or daughters: my girlsim was single, with no family traits and when arrived in the future she found a family of 4 descendants
Scholar
#21 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 10:08 PM
I sent a brother sister pair to the future both were freshly created singles. The sister had descendants, she was unstable, but flirty (don't remember her other traits. The brother, on the other hand, a genius bot fan, who was socially awkward did not have any descendants. Could be a crap shoot?
Eminence Grise
#22 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 30th Oct 2013 at 7:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
I sent a brother sister pair to the future both were freshly created singles. The sister had descendants, she was unstable, but flirty (don't remember her other traits. The brother, on the other hand, a genius bot fan, who was socially awkward did not have any descendants. Could be a crap shoot?

Dunno how it was implemented but EA said descendents were gonna depend on traits, so yeah, probably the socially awkward thing

Edit: I just made a socially awkward sim and sent her to the future, and no descendants for her either, so I'm guessing that's it. Based on the previews though I think if you get your sim a partner back in the present, when you go back to the future you will have descendents. Gonna try that for my sim
Instructor
#23 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 1:02 PM
My socially awkward sim did have descendants, he's unflirty even.

I do not believe EA Standard includes that in descendant inheritance.

That can be changed though, good idea.

Oh, please make this happen! With the new way how Traveler handles descendants and the option to influence whether they'll be fit, chubby or overweight, this will be a must-have for me. The way EA standards handles the descendents is sooooo boooooring.

Quote:
Alchemist
#24 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 5:18 PM Last edited by varpunen : 2nd Nov 2013 at 12:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
The descendents looked like my sims. Only they were hugely fat. lol.

What's with the chubby sims? My sim lady has a triplets and when I sent her to the future, there were three different families of descendants... almost all of them very chuppy. Is that all they do in the future... eat and fly around?
Field Researcher
#25 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Is that all they do in the future... eat and fly around?

Have you seen "WALL-E"? According to said film, that's pretty much how it goes.

I haven't installed ITF yet, I'm waiting to have some free time open up.
Page 1 of 2