Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 5:34 PM
Default Map tags in Oasis Landing
I wonder why EA left out the residential map tags from Oasis Landing? There are map tags for descendants, community lots and empty lots but it's kind a hard to know who lives and where, when there are no residential map tags. If they are there and this is a game problem in my end, then I apologize.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 6:44 PM
I thought you have to meet the household members first in order for their map tag to appear?

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 6:49 PM
No, I mean the household/lot map tag, the icon with the image of a house in it (maybe they're called something else). Those are visible in normal neighborhoods even if you haven't met anyone yet. Oasis Landing just looks like no one is living there, even though most of the houses are occupied.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 7:56 PM
Gonna have to agree with nikel. I don't recall seeing that in any of the worlds, without mods that do that. Oh and Edit Town mode too.

I'm looking at my game right now, and I can only see map tags for the houses of sims known by the currently selected sim.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 8:39 PM
Are you talking about during live play or edit town? I went to OL to edit and got the occupied house icon, hovered to see the family name and clicked to see the family.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Are you talking about during live play or edit town? I went to OL to edit and got the occupied house icon, hovered to see the family name and clicked to see the family.

I meant Edit town mode but here's a little update. I decided to do some cleaning up in the launcher and removed a whole lot of store content that I haven't really used that much, including a couple of worlds. And what do you know, problem solved; the tags are showing. So, in the end there was some kind of glitch in my end, after all, corruption maybe. I'm gonna empty the whole thing just in case and install the store content anew but definitely not all of it. I really thought there was something odd with Oasis itself, especially since I have never really had any kind of major game bugs before. Feel kinda stupid and silly now but thank you all for the replies.
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
I meant Edit town mode but here's a little update. I decided to do some cleaning up in the launcher and removed a whole lot of store content that I haven't really used that much, including a couple of worlds. And what do you know, problem solved; the tags are showing. So, in the end there was some kind of glitch in my end, after all, corruption maybe. I'm gonna empty the whole thing just in case and install the store content anew but definitely not all of it. I really thought there was something odd with Oasis itself, especially since I have never really had any kind of major game bugs before. Feel kinda stupid and silly now but thank you all for the replies.

"Premium content" from the store includes scripts, so it can cause the same kinds of game glitches as any script mod (and often does ><). So it was probably one of those items. Gratz on sorting out your problem
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 1:22 PM Last edited by varpunen : 2nd Nov 2013 at 4:32 PM.
Thank you, Srikandi. I know this would have fitted better in the help section but after testing without Mods folder, I really didn't even start to suspect the store content (only that in the launcher). I know I should have, really, because... well, it's EA after all. I know better next time.