Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 1:08 AM
Default Several questions regarding Supernatural gameplay
Just started playing this EP. I must say it's quickly turning into one of my favorites.

1) I've made a fairy but I don't see a way to check her 'level', by which I mean whether or not she can do certain things. I keep getting pop-ups for my fairy that she can now do this, or can now do that, but is there somewhere I can see a list of what she can and can't do?? I guess I'm used to going into the skill journal-thing to see which potions my alchemist can do or chemist sims can make or checking my social group status with the phone so I was assuming something similar for the occult sims.

2) I read on SimsVIP that one spell allows witches to convert collectibles from one type to another. I'm wondering if the result is a random object or if you have any control over what you're converting to. In my game I'm trying to create my own Ultimate Gem collection but am sadly lacking pink diamonds. I haven't yet made a witch but I'm wondering if I can pick up a bunch of seeds or bugs and convert them all into pink diamonds or whatever gem I need ??

3) I bought a Bonehilda (my simbot kept throwing the want, probably because she was working as the de facto maid for the household) and once she got out of the box everything laaaaaaaagged. And then she would disappear off the lot. I'd never seen her leave (I was usually focusing on some sim out in the world) but the only option I had for her 'home' was to summon her back or something. So I'd do that and eventually she'd wander back to the household. Is this normal behavior? And does she seem to cause a lot of lag for other people?

4) So neither my alien nor my ex-Imaginary Friend sim could use the fairy-turning potion. Grr. So what are the rules on becoming occults? Are my alien and ex-IF sims unable to become fairies, witches, werewolves, or vamps? I know there exists a hybrid mod but I'm wondering about the rules without the mod. What about my simbot? Can she become any of those things?

Thanks for helping!
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 1:37 AM
1. Magic for both fairy and witch sims is actually a hidden skill, and it's abilities are attached to whatever skill level it happens to be. the best way to see this is to get a mod, like Master Controller, or one that makes hidden skills visible, to check what level you are at. This Guide has a list of what spells/auras are available per level.

2. The result is always random, although you can get pink diamonds this way. You can also use the summoned apple (first spell witches know) and use that as a conversion item, so no need to go out and find bugs.

3.Common issue with Bonehilda.

4.Without the hybrid mod, you can only be one occult state at a time.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
1. Magic for both fairy and witch sims is actually a hidden skill, and it's abilities are attached to whatever skill level it happens to be. the best way to see this is to get a mod, like Master Controller, or one that makes hidden skills visible, to check what level you are at. This Guide has a list of what spells/auras are available per level.

Thanks. I've read that before; guess I missed the part about it being a hidden skill. Good to know. My fairy used the 'bloom' interaction on her plants and I saw the skill bar while she did it but figured that was for building gardening skill instead.

Quote:
2. The result is always random, although you can get pink diamonds this way. You can also use the summoned apple (first spell witches know) and use that as a conversion item, so no need to go out and find bugs.

My sims' inventories are chock full of iron and other metals gathered when trying to find gems so I'll probably be converting a lot of those. I guess I can just keep using the interaction over and over until I get something I want.

Quote:
3.Common issue with Bonehilda.

Damn. I missed her in Sims2. Oh well. Back to the Simbot Cinderella!

Quote:
4.Without the hybrid mod, you can only be one occult state at a time.

But... zombies can bite my occults and turn them into zombies too, right? I see a couple of them on moonlit nights, wandering my backyards, and the 'zombie attack' action shows up in my sims' queue but ... nothing happens.

Thanks for your help!
Alchemist
#4 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darthesp
But... zombies can bite my occults and turn them into zombies too, right? I see a couple of them on moonlit nights, wandering my backyards, and the 'zombie attack' action shows up in my sims' queue but ... nothing happens.

Zombie is not a real occult state. It's just a temporary state controlled by a moodlet.

Just call me Nikel
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 10:03 AM
To turn one type of occult into another type of occult you will have to "cure" that Sim of their occult status and turn them into an ordinary Sim first, either by following a chain of opportunities or, more easily, by using a Potent Cure Elixir (Alchemy).
IFs and Aliens are immune to that elixir, however. They cannot be cured. With IFs my guess is that they simply forgot to add them to the list of occults which can be cured while with Aliens it's because their non-natural status is handled in a different way. Occults are occults thanks to a hidden trait, which is removed when you use that potion. Aliens, on the other hand, are Aliens because of a different system based on Alien DNA percentage.
In order to cure IFs you will need the MasterController mod and remove the hidden IF trait manually and in order to cure Aliens you will also need either MasterController or DebugEnabler to set their Alien DNA percentage to 0. Just keep in mind that this will also remove their special eye colour and their alien voice sounds.
Simbots should be curable with that potion but if they are Simbots that were built by an inventor you have to be aware that they are elder Sims.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
To turn one type of occult into another type of occult you will have to "cure" that Sim of their occult status and turn them into an ordinary Sim first, either by following a chain of opportunities or, more easily, by using a Potent Cure Elixir (Alchemy).
IFs and Aliens are immune to that elixir, however. They cannot be cured. With IFs my guess is that they simply forgot to add them to the list of occults which can be cured while with Aliens it's because their non-natural status is handled in a different way. Occults are occults thanks to a hidden trait, which is removed when you use that potion. Aliens, on the other hand, are Aliens because of a different system based on Alien DNA percentage.
In order to cure IFs you will need the MasterController mod and remove the hidden IF trait manually and in order to cure Aliens you will also need either MasterController or DebugEnabler to set their Alien DNA percentage to 0. Just keep in mind that this will also remove their special eye colour and their alien voice sounds.

That's too bad the IFs can't be cured. I thought he was cured of his IF state when I made him playable with the chemistry potion, though after he couldn't drink the potion to turn into a fairy I realized I could turn him into his IF adult form, which is ... pointless (AFAIK). I gave him an appropriately evil wardrobe to go along with his evil personality and kicked him out of the house; fend for yourself, buddy.

I like the alien's powers so I kept him around. He's useful for staying up all night and mining for gems.

Quote:
Simbots should be curable with that potion but if they are Simbots that were built by an inventor you have to be aware that they are elder Sims.

Yeah... My simbot was able to use the turn-into-a-witch potion. I thought, 'Yay! A robot with witch's powers!' Imagine my surprise when she turned into an old lady... I'm assuming if she uses the cure potion she'll revert to her simbot state. Hopefully... If not, she's also a master alchemist and can make the potion to turn herself back.

I'm annoyed they didn't make the occults like S2 - I wanted an alien/vampire/witch/fairy/werewolf hybrid, dammit!!

Thanks for your help everyone!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 7:42 PM
Yeah, without the hybrid mod the potions will simply give your sim the new occult and erase the old one.

Vampire/Witch/Werewolf hybrids are fun to play - my sim just runs around turning random humans into Vampire/Werewolf hybrids :D

Quote: Originally posted by darthesp
I'm assuming if she uses the cure potion she'll revert to her simbot state.

If your witch takes a cure she'll become a human, she won't become a simbot.