Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 2:46 PM
Default Can't Adopt Pets
Hello,

I wanted to try to avoid posting for help, but I'm finally admitting defeat. I installed the Pets EP about two weeks ago. Before I installed it, I had a family in Sunset Valley on its 5th generation and I continued playing after the EP was installed. I noticed pretty quickly that there are no stray cats or dogs at all, so I installed a mod to increase the chances, I put in the gnomes, everything; there are still no stray cats and dogs. There are wild horses, unicorns, raccoons, and deer, but no cats or dogs. There aren't even any other families in Sunset Valley with pets. Mine is the only one. Wasn't really an issue until recently. I have two sims with the LTW of adopting 6 strays and I know the adoption shelter fulfills this want as well, but now the phone doesn't have the option of adopting a pet. The computer tells me that there are no available pets. This is weird, because we were able to adopt a horse and a dog a while ago from the phone. I'd like to avoid adopting more horses and would rather stick with cats and dogs, but now I don't know what to do. I've tried looking around for an answer to this, but haven't found anything. I know we're not at the limit because we only have three animals in the household. Oh, and if it means anything, I was able to adopt a cat the other day just fine, but the game crashed shortly after, though I'm not sure if that was the catalyst for this sudden inability to adopt pets. Any advice?

Also, what is this neighborhood adoption center? An orange tag on your map, and you're supposed to get a notification that so and so's dog/cat had puppies/kittens that they're putting up for adoption? Could someone please explain this to me?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 10:05 PM
The 1.55 patch, i think, broke the stray system. There hasn't been a fix for it that I can find.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 4:08 AM
The adoption center is just a family putting pups and kittens up for adoption
Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 4:08 AM
Using Twallan's Register mod, you can configure how many strays can be in your town. Perhaps by setting it to something like 6 will enforce strays to be generated?

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Using Twallan's Register mod, you can configure how many strays can be in your town. Perhaps by setting it to something like 6 will enforce strays to be generated?

I've tried that. I set both cats and dogs to 100 and still none at all. Played for a while after posting this thread and there are still no pets available for adoption in the neighborhood, not from the phone or the computer.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 9:41 PM Last edited by SakuraKonekoChan : 30th Dec 2013 at 4:53 AM.
There's a couple of threads on twallan's site about it that basically comes to the conclusion that strays are being generated, but the game is destroying them before they can show up, or something.

Edit: it's pretty much determined that a core mod is probably going to be needed to fix this.