Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 1:03 PM
Default Can Aliens abduct in Oasis Landing?
I figured this was allowed here, since it's not technical/custom content/etc. Forgive me if I'm wrong, though.

Are alien abductions possible in Oasis Landing? I'm trying to get my male Sim, Kennith, pregnant with an alien baby. I have more abductions from Naughty Sims Asylum and More Alien Pregnancy installed, but after getting level 7 in logic and stargazing between 10 PM and 3 AM for a while, I've still yet to get abducted. I had a Sim get abducted and pregnant not long after installation yesterday, so it's obviously still possible- I just need to know if I have to go back to the present to get abducted, or, more importantly, if anyone actually has been abducted in OL and possibly gotten pregnant out of it.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 3:33 PM
I'm not sure. I don't think I've ever heard that abduction was restricted in Oasis Landing. Try having some space rocks in your inventory to increase the chance of getting abducted.

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 6:32 PM
Plumbots can get abducted as well, happened in the home neighbourhood though.
Theorist
#4 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 6:34 PM
This is a very good question. I want this to happen in the future.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 7:08 PM
Maybe in the future there's an anti ufo shield around the earth?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 12:21 AM
XD Dunno. I've heard of aliens in OL, but only from 2 people, and their screenshots weren't the best quality, so I want to know for sure.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 4:34 AM
You know, I think I recall both my female sim and female plumbot being abducted in Oasis Landing, but I don't have photos or anything. I've never had a male abducted in any town, no matter how hard I've tried.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 5:27 AM
Aliens only abduct between 10 PM and 3 AM, correct? I want to spend as much time as possible for abductions, but at the same time, don't wanna over-do it when it really won't change anything.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 6:01 AM
My female plumbot got abducted in Oasis Landing one night. I have no photo proof. I guess you just have to trust me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 11:35 AM
Aliens must really like plumbots. Too bad they can't be used for alien babies XD

Kennith found a giant spacerock while stargazing. It's pretty big. It's been in his inventory for a while now... Should I place it on the lot with the other spacerock I have? (I only have 2 ;-; I never remember to scan the town at the day's start.)
Alchemist
#11 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 2:26 PM
I also have aliens showing up in Oasis, so they're definitely there. My sim haven't been abducted but he hasn't collected any space rocks, either.
Scholar
#12 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 3:44 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 2:35 AM
FINALLY! After level 10 in Logic, it began storming. Thus, Kennith kept refusing to stay out in the cold, so I locked the door for him and kept him out in the cold, deciding if worse came to worse I could entertain myself by freezing him for a while.

Guess it's more common when you're not telescoping? I thought the telescope increased your chances... Or Kennith is just looking at all the wrong stuff in the telescope.

But anyways, proof for chu all:

I'll let everyone know if he gets the moodlet.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 10:49 PM
My male sim got abducted in OL. When I tried to send family back to present game wouldnt let me. It said a member of the fsmily was not fit to travel.
then he got unexpected weight gain moodlet.
After a few days an adult stranger suddenly appeared in the household. I dont know who or what she was. She appeared human, but had a bot name. She didnt have a family tree or appear to be related to anyone in the family.
Was she an alien?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 11:09 PM
No. The Unexpected Weight Gain moodlet means he was pregnant with an alien. However, if he was, it would've given you a message and you'd have the option to return it to space or raise it. Aliens are green sims that have completely black eyes;

So I'm thinking your mystery Sim wasn't an alien. If you have a picture of them or something, could I look at it?
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Midgetsc
I figured this was allowed here, since it's not technical/custom content/etc. Forgive me if I'm wrong, though.

Are alien abductions possible in Oasis Landing? I'm trying to get my male Sim, Kennith, pregnant with an alien baby. I have more abductions from Naughty Sims Asylum and More Alien Pregnancy installed, but after getting level 7 in logic and stargazing between 10 PM and 3 AM for a while, I've still yet to get abducted. I had a Sim get abducted and pregnant not long after installation yesterday, so it's obviously still possible- I just need to know if I have to go back to the present to get abducted, or, more importantly, if anyone actually has been abducted in OL and possibly gotten pregnant out of it.

Yes , they can,i do not have Seasons but I seen photos on the net with adbuctions in Oasis Landing!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freja
My female plumbot got abducted in Oasis Landing one night. I have no photo proof. I guess you just have to trust me.

I believe you! My female plumbot was abducted in OL too! Quite bizarre!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Midgetsc
No. The Unexpected Weight Gain moodlet means he was pregnant with an alien. However, if he was, it would've given you a message and you'd have the option to return it to space or raise it. Aliens are green sims that have completely black eyes;

So I'm thinking your mystery Sim wasn't an alien. If you have a picture of them or something, could I look at it?

Side note, where do I find this outfit that the alien is wearing?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Alchemist
#19 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Side note, where do I find this outfit that the alien is wearing?

That's the default alien outfit. It's unlocked when you ask an alien to move in.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#20 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 12:09 AM
Hm, aliens really seem to like the Plumbots in OL. I've played a family descended from Juan Darer (long story) for a pretty long while, and every time I was in Oasis Landing for more than a day, the family Plumbot or a stranger's Plumbot would get abducted.

It even continued after I went home with the Plumbot, completely ignoring the humans in the family!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 7:17 PM
IDK, I don't have the expansion with Aliens installed yet. I kindof thought they would ship with the Base Game, like in Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 7:40 PM
Yes, they absolutely can. Although when my male Sim was abducted and rendered butt pragnent, the pragnency fucked up and he wouldn't give birth. So heads up.