Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 7:21 PM Last edited by LucyFrench : 28th Apr 2019 at 8:30 PM.
Default Sims 4 Royalty Challenge
*Please note this is a WIP challenge and will be updated*

Intro
In this challenge, the aim of the game is to get through 10 generations of The Royal Families and create a powerful empire.

Starting The Challange

So the first step in beginning this challenge is deciding what kind of ruler you are going to be. To do this, you will need to pick a family from the following (or, if you desire, you can create a whole new family.) Each family has different staring scores, so choose wisely!

Genus

Aurum

Impius

Adding in Extras

Of course, every Royal Family needs a team of staff members at their beck and call. It is up to you whether you would like to hire these staff from an outside company (hiring a maid, gardener, butler, and nanny via the phone) or if you would like to employ your own staff under the crown (create your own sims and move them into your castle.) If you decide you would like to create your own staff members then please see below.

The Castle
The Royal Palace is the most important place in your kingdom, so it is only fitting that it contains everything your Royal Family will need to fulfil their duties as reigning monarchs. Your castle should include all of the following:
  • Master Bedroom (for your King & Queen)
  • Bedrooms for all of your children (one each, they are Royals, after all!)
  • Ensuite bathrooms for all family bedrooms
  • 2+ Guest Bedrooms (for visiting Nobels)
  • Kitchen
  • Dining Room
  • Study
  • Nursery - Cribs for your children, toddler beds for your toddlers. (They do not need a room each until they age up into children)
  • Playroom - Toys for the children, desks for studying. (Can be joint with the Nursery)
Optional additions:
  • Servant's Quarters (can be a dormitory or separate rooms)
  • Ballroom
  • Banquet Hall
  • Palace Chapel
  • Library
  • Drawing Room
  • Royal Gardens

The Rest of the World!
Unfortunately, you will not be able to create any more families, to begin with. More families can be unlocked by completing certain milestones, gaining enough reputation or through random events. Once you have unlocked the ability to create a family, please see the relevant spoiler below.

Rules
  • Your King & Queen Cannot have jobs - they take in "Taxes" from their citizens.
  • You can only add a household when you have had a baby.
  • You can class your citizens (Nobels, Middle Class, Working class, and Peasants)
  • Your first boy will be your heir (If you don't have a boy your first girl will be heir)
  • Your heir can only marry a Nobel or a royal.
  • You can move in up to 5 Worker/Peasants to be maids, chefs, butlers, etc.

More Extra Stuff (I know Sorry)
King - Aspiration - Successful Lineage. Traits - Music Lover, Art Lover, [You Choose]
Queen - Aspiration - Successful Lineage. Traits - Family-Orientated, Romantic, [You Choose]

Titles
Pss - Princess
Pr - Prince
Duke
Dss - Duchess
Baron
Bss - Baroness
Ct - Count
Css - Countess
Sir - Knight
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 1:55 AM
Oh this looks fun, but i can't build a castle worth crap. I may have to find one.
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 6:25 AM
Ok, so I got my castle, servants quarters, servants outfits, and crowns. I tell you what, this a hell of a challenge! My queen keeps showing up in the servants quarters. My gardner has serial depression, my maid refuses to do dishes, my fisherman is bored to tears, my chef destroys anything he can get his hands on, and my king wants to be friends with everyone. Agh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yolo_sims
Ok, so I got my castle, servants quarters, servants outfits, and crowns. I tell you what, this a hell of a challenge! My queen keeps showing up in the servants quarters. My gardner has serial depression, my maid refuses to do dishes, my fisherman is bored to tears, my chef destroys anything he can get his hands on, and my king wants to be friends with everyone. Agh.

xD Don't worry you can always get rid of some of your servants and I know how hard this challenge is so don't worry if you want to make it easier I tried it with my cousin and we both managed it in about 3 weeks (Our sims did NOT wwanna have kids)
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 2:28 AM
Oh snap 3 weeks?! Do you have pictures of your castle? I never realized this but i tried getting my queen to just have mods while those beneath her had game like stuff. Totally works but i am so busy hustling my servants around i forget i even have a king and queen.

How did your annoyance level deal with controlling your servants to eat in the servants quarters?!

Thank you by the way for responding. I feel so lonely playing sims 4. Its nice to share it with someone.
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 3:23 AM
Where did you put your lot? I thought replacing the park with a residential castle made things look european and i can run into people!
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:59 AM
If you're looking for cc for this challenge, I highly recommend HISTORY LOVER'S SIMS BLOG! I found most of my stuff there <3
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ItsMeDee
If you're looking for cc for this challenge, I highly recommend HISTORY LOVER'S SIMS BLOG! I found most of my stuff there <3

Here's the link http://historicalsimslife.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:24 AM
Can you use the sorcerer mod for wizards and witches?
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:56 AM

That would make sense, I don't see why not. Also, thanks for the cc link!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:18 AM

Yup! Sounds like a great idea. Does mean I'll have to add a mage tower to my castle now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:19 AM Last edited by LucyFrench : 28th Apr 2019 at 4:55 PM.
Here's the link http://historicalsimslife.blogspot.com/

Great stuff on this blog. Thanks for the link!
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 12:35 AM
I Decided to make my own family to go along with the other three! Hope you like it!

OSIRIA

Quote:
"Nothing that we do will matter if we don't preserve our kingdom and ourselves."

Like the Osiria Rose, the Osiria family is unique in that their goal is for their kingdom to outlast the rest. They wish to preserve their kingdom in any way they can. Their people respect them and all of their hard work, but the royals tend to ignore their people as they focus on their goals. They spend much time and money on expeditions and research. They also spend their money on festivities and strong towns so that the records will live on.

CAS:
-Family Traits: Romantic, Loves Outdoors, Active, Bro
-Family Colors: Red, White, Green
-Symbol: Rose

King:
Traits: Active, Bro, any
Aspiration: Athletic (Bodybuilder)

Queen:
Traits: Romantic, Loves Outdoors, any
Aspiration: Nature (Curator)

Heir:
Traits: Active, any, any
Aspiration: Any Athletic or Nature Aspiration

Starting Money: §250,000
Power: 50

(I based this off of the Osiria Rose. Do you like it and how can I improve it?)